12 Comments
Posted by L
EPIC SEQUEL
Yep, achievements are official - not fake. If you've made progress on the first game...

Once these tasks are done (fairly simple), then you've got some multiplayer skins already unlocked for Gears of War 2. I expect a lot of people buying the sequel should probably already have done these...

• Complete Act 1 - Anthony Carmine skin unlocked in Gears of War 2
  • Collected at least 10 COG tags - Minh Young Kim skin unlocked in Gears of War 2
  • Defeated RAAM - RAAM skin unlocked in Gears of War 2

I love how progress from another title can continue to its sequel. I remember, if you went through PGR 3, then you would have been able to get an achievement quicker in PGR 4. IGN, where I found this (via Games Radar) also have the achievement list, for those interested. Seems like a good list, which I like. Being awarded for just progressing through the game rather than just getting maybe a few achievements in the campaign. Of course, there still are other achievements, to encourage you to stay addicted and explore the new features.

I'm not going to list them here because it's a long list. Instead, here's the article on IGN. Can't wait! Oh, and I may tempt myself to get that PlayStation 3 sooner, too. Now, what do I get - the 40 GB at £299 or the 80 GB at £299? Sony and their pricing...

EDIT: Either playing the PC or Xbox 360 version counts (so long as you have been using the same gamertag).
5 more achievements are on the official site.
Posted by Aaron_G

Well I don't think you can get any backwards compatibility anymore. I don't know if that is a problem for you. But I would go with 80 gigs. 

Posted by JonDavis

80 GIG.

That's what I'll be grabbing up soon enough.

Posted by psychomode

Get the 40GB!

Posted by DBoy

That's pretty damn cool that they would be doing this.  I agree with you, more sequel games need to do the same thing.

Posted by AndyWilliams24

I heard about this a few weeks ago. An you should get the 40gb for sure! lol

Posted by Messier

I hope the weapon achievements can either be done in the campaign or do not require you to play ranked games with random people. I got turned off from the multi in Gears 1 because of that.

Posted by kornholio360

Can't wait for Gears 2.

Posted by brooklyngrenade

It shows care for the players, lol.

Posted by Tru3_Blu3

Cannot wait for Gears of War2. I just hope the single player campaign is better then the first one or just follows the same pacing all through out.

By the way, get the 80 gig. I mean, they're the same price.

Posted by Player1

You have no clue how happy I am that there are none of those garbage 100 kills with a certain weapon achievements. EPIC answered my prayers!

Posted by ZER01

A very nice idea on the achievements there, that game does look very good.