5 Comments
Posted by ahoodedfigure
@ChernobylCow: I'm frankly intimidated by Planescape.  I got to one point and was flooded with all this secret information that I felt like I had done something wrong and upset the balance of the game universe, so I backed out.  I probably have to play through it again from the beginning now that it's been so long, but a world like that deserves another chance.  Crazy worlds like that are what games and movies do well, since they have the potential to blind-side us with overwhelming, fascinating detail.

I never have gotten a chance to try out the Jade Empire for the PC with the harder difficulty level, but I wonder if it's still not dynamic enough a combat system that you can just spam the attacks.  I still enjoyed the combat, but as I advanced in power I felt like I was cheating. When I hindered myself on the second playthrough it was actually kind of fun, but you get to a point where it's you chopping through a lot of hit points.  I may figure out the proper level of self-hindering yet.
Posted by ChernobylCow

I really enjoy your comments on Jade Empire.  I felt the same way.  Bioware really stepped out of their comfort zone with trying something new in Jade Empire with its brand new setting, more action-based combat, and more "stream-lined" inventory and stats approach.  However, the game was just way too easy.  I played it on its hardest setting and I only died in the few fights after the tutorials and then it was a cakewalk.  Some of the mystical aspects of this game with is spirit beasts really reminded me of Planescape: Torment now that I think in retrospect.

Posted by ahoodedfigure
@erinfizz: what.  you can't tell me that's not funny!
Posted by erinfizz

"Toulose LauTrack"??!?

*reaches through internet to jab Ahoo in the ribs*

Posted by ahoodedfigure

Dude, that's the exact same... wait.