13 Comments
Posted by ahoodedfigure
@Romination: True :) Just covering my butt :)
Posted by Romination
@ahoodedfigure: We all have games that spook us in some weird way. Like Killer7. Game scares the pants off me at times (it's so tense, especially when you hear like 8 different laughs and know there are Smiles EVERYWHERE). Doesn't make sense to everyone, but it doesn't have to.
Posted by ahoodedfigure
@Romination: I play it on the laptop too, but we have an external mouse through the USB on that one.  Only problem is, once in a while the mouse position resets, causing a bit of spazzing out no matter what game I happen to be playing.  There's a lot of different kinds of scares listed here, so don't assume too much, but even though it's been a while since I've played (I'm stuck somewhere, not sure where to go next) I pretty much know what I was thinking when I added it to the list.

Posted by Romination

Seeing Aquaria on here is intriguing. I've played a bit, but since I'm on a laptop and it controls better with a mouse, I haven't done too much. My interest is renewed though...

Posted by ahoodedfigure
@Danial79:  Yep. 'Specially like you said, playing the game with the lights off.  Horrible buggers. They had so much movement, too!
Posted by Danial79

Oh man, seeing a Chryssalid in X-COM when you've just used up your last few Time Units was just plain terrifying!!!

Posted by ahoodedfigure
@ChernobylCow: I was disappointed when they underplayed the supernatural stuff in the second game. I guess I liked the balance between mundane missions and horror ones. Each had their own emphases, because you were allowed to kill monsters it made things a bit more about stealth kills in the supernatural ones, and more about avoidance in the mundane ones. Still, both games give me pleasant memories.  Wouldn't mind them tweaking the engine a bit to make it modern, without going in the sweaty metal direction of the Doom 3 engine or whatever.
Edited by ChernobylCow

Thief is damn freaky.  At first you think you're playing a stealth robbery game and all of a sudden there are freaking demons!!!

Posted by ahoodedfigure
@Astras: Yeah, lights off in general can do that.  I pretty much HAD to play Thief and Doom that way.  I like it better when it's more creepy paranoia than outright gore and hopelessness, as it seems like a lot of horror wants to do now.  Games emulate that and call it horror, but there are tons of other things.

This it?
Posted by Astras

I'm sure I used to have Sinistar on the Acorn Electron apart from it was called Deathstar instead.. seems like the same game though.  That crazy cat space ship thing was horrendous :P
Silent hill with the lights turned off used to kill me...

Posted by snide

I'd add Undying and Indigo Prophecy

Edited by ahoodedfigure
@tiwi: Myst, maybe.  I'm a bad person for not ever having played the rest of those games? :P  From what little I saw of Dead Space, it more made me feel ill than spooked.
Posted by Tiwi

no Dead space? or half life2? or even myst?
You area bad person!