32 Comments
Posted by big_jon

Play Mario Galaxy!

Posted by MormonWarrior

@Krystal_Sackful said:

@MormonWarrior:

Hey, you should play all of Psychonauts.

I did. I beat it and wrote a review. I thought it was clever and quirky in its writing and characters but nearly awful in its platforming. As a big platforming buff, I just have to say...meh. It was passable most of the time, occasionally intriguing but mostly kind of bad. Without the trademark humor it would've been pretty bad. I recall the game getting very mixed reviews when it was released due to that very thing.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

@MormonWarrior:

Hey, you should play all of Psychonauts.

Posted by MormonWarrior

I have to say, I'm disappointed by the gameplay of Psychonauts. It's rather generic and not that cool. The atmosphere is interesting, but dude...don't sweat it.

Super Mario Galaxy is the best freaking game ever made ever (please see my extensive blog on the subject) so you should just borrow a Wii to play it or something. SOOOOO good. The rest? I don't care for them. Katamari is kooky, but whatever. I hate Fable, too.

Posted by MrPilkington

You haven' played Psychonauts....for shame!
Posted by TMThomsen

Having just played through Psychonauts myself, I can tell you that it's worth it.

Edited by MetalGearSunny

YO BRAD YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR GAMERSCORE 100% LEGIT

Edited by keoskey

lol buying a wii game but don't own a wii to play it on.

Posted by SJSchmidt93

Not playiing SMG is pathetic...

Posted by RobotHamster

Haven't played Psychonauts either I feel so ashamed. Haven't played Fable 2, or 1 for that matter but I don't really feel compelled to.

Posted by InsanePotato

I don't know how well the gameplay and graphics of psychnauts has aged (perhaps badly?) but I can tell you if you miss out on the weird funny whacky dialogue and situations in that game you're doing yourself an injustice mate. Remember to get around to it someday :).

Posted by Trilogy

No fable 2?

Get your ass to albion son.

Posted by Metiphis

Play Psychonauts, it'll take you like 2 days to finish with a conservative playtime.

Posted by skrutop

Don't waste your time with Fable II; it's really not worth it.  While there's nothing wrong with the game, it's just so shallow.

Posted by Landon

I think you have the wrong Avatar with the easy 1000. Unless that one has an easy 1000 too.

Edited by ex_machina

My jaw dropped at the first 3 listed. Really?!? You haven't played these?!? Really?..........WTF?

Edit: Also, plus 1 for Fallout 3 endurance run.
I'm actually doing my own F3 endurance run right now!

Posted by ThomasP
@dudacles said:
" Fallout 3 Endurance Run is totally go. "
Monster Hunter 3!!!
Edited by Kajaah117

Super Mario Galaxy is probably my favorite game of this generation. It's classic game design perfectly blended with modern innovations. You'll love it.

And like @ZmillA said, Psychonauts is pretty much mandatory. At least get to the Milkman level.

Posted by Chaos_Bladez

Are you just gonna play the new Katamari for PS3? Might as well right? :)

Posted by Dudacles

Fallout 3 Endurance Run is totally go.

Posted by Lukeweizer

Fallout 3 Endurance Run! I know everyone's played it, but it'd be entertaining.

Posted by Noodles

To be honest, I wouldn't even bother with Fable 2 if I were you. If you've played Fable 1 you should expect more of the same, albeit with a choppier frame rate and uninteresting combat. Psychonauts, on the other hand - you gotta play that shit.

Posted by Dan_CiTi

I think you can get by without most of them. Psychonauts is free on GameTap and you can just play Katamari Forever to get the best of what those games offer.

Posted by Zippedbinders

This is coming from someone who sunk over 80 hours into Fallout 3 and its expansions and has bought two Katamari games (Beautiful and Damacy respectively). 

Go. Play. Psychonauts.

In your various videos where Brutal Legend comes up, you seem to be quite interested in it, Psychonauts would be a fantastic primer going into Brutal Legend and deserves to be played in its own right. Its a great game with incredibly unique and inventive levels with a great story filled with hilarious characters and dialogue.

Can't speak for Fable personally, but given the quality of the rest of this list, I'd recommend the order of Psychonauts - Katamari Damacy - Fallout 3 - Fable 2, given the amount of time required for maximum enjoyment.

Posted by Jost1

Fallout 3, that's pretty shameful indeed.

Posted by Dynamitekyle

Brad! Fallout 3. Now. Drop everything you are doing and play some Fallout 3!

Posted by Killroycantkill

I've played all of these games (Fable 2 only breifly at my friends house) and in my opinon if you are going to back play them in this order. 

1) Katamari Damacy - This game should be played first since it is so quarky and relativly short. So you can be throughly confused about whats going on but also get on to the othe games fast. 

2) Psychonauts   - I got lucky and found this game at a local used store by my house for 6 bucks. I would gladly pay 40 dollars for this game since it is still so awesome. The game is still playable and even plays better than some current games. Also Tim's writing is awesome. 

3) Fallout 3 - if you're anything like Vinny get ready to lose track of time playing this game. All the little nuances of the world make you want to explore so much. 

4) Fable 2 -  This is only last since I don't own and Xbox 360 and only played it breifly at my friends house. Just seems like more fable but more steamlined. I'm sure it's a great game but I need to play it more. 
Posted by FesteringNeon
@girdz said:
"You don't really need to play Fallout 3, it's not that amazing, it takes up alot of time aswell.  Psychonauts though... must play it. "

um.
Posted by Zabant

you never played katamari?!

psychonauts is understandable as it was overlooked by many and fable and fallout 3 are games you could get by watching and hearing people play it and get the same sort of experience.

but damn brad...

Posted by Griddler

You don't really need to play Fallout 3, it's not that amazing, it takes up alot of time aswell. 
Psychonauts though... must play it.

Posted by ZmillA

You need to play psychonauts to be relevant in the greater games discussion /snootism

Posted by RiotBananas

You keep saying you'll play Fallout 3, take it to the office and PLAY.