15 Comments
Posted by Video_Game_King

Oh, crap! Monkey Island! I completely forgot about that. I need to get back to it, figure it out, and beat the damn thing.

Posted by Soap

On compliance with your status update, I'm going to suggest you finish Dragon Quest VIII, for when your at home and bored, as it's classic, Metal Gear Ac!d 2 for on the move as it's possibly one of my favourite portable games of all time and Pokémon Emerald for when your feeling young at heart and need to collect evvvverything!

Posted by ahoodedfigure

I was going to say 70 is a lot, but I probably have at least double that in my personal history.

I'm trying not to feel bad about games I didn't finish anymore, owing to the stuff I said in my blog not too long ago about the journey being important.  If I didn't finish the game it doesn't mean the game was bad or that it's like leaving a book half read.  Some games are like books or movies, sure, but many are anything but linear and are actually fun just to spend time in.  

I have a feeling if I made a list like this I'd probably only feel more conscious of the stuff I didn't finish.  It probably wouldn't help me get any closer to finishing them :)  Still, IF I had something like that I might have some feature to ask people to vote on one and I'd try to finish it and review it, no matter how old it was.

Posted by Apparatus_Unearth

Good games on there. This actually motivated me to play some games.

Posted by ThePhilatron

Thank you for this list! You have both reminded me that I need to get back to my back catalog as well, (a lot of which are also on your list) and made me feel better about my own long list of unfinished games.

Posted by Zeushbien

A lot of groovy games on that list, hope you have the time to dig through it :)

Posted by Grillbar

thats a big pile of shame right there. and omg all the final fantasy games. your never going to the though them. 
and gta should not be on the list in my opinion i mean common i never knew that there was anything in that game but get weapons kill people drive a car and get the kill icon quest.
Posted by Video_Game_King

You should probably take The After Years off this list. It sucks hard. Also, you could knock out VVVVVV really quickly. I managed to beat it in a day.

Posted by iBePeRFeCT

Nice list. Makes mine seems fairly achievable by comparsion. I would definitely recommend The Witcher. Its the most recent game I've completed and it was fantastic. You have a lot of great games on there so you cannot go wrong no matter where you start. Have fun and good luck!

Posted by BitterAlmond

Finally read your forum post about this list; motivated me to make my own list. I'd highly recommend you play Arkham Asylum, especially if you intend to play Arkham City. They're both great games, but if you play AC first, it'll ruin AA for you. Get AA under your belt and you'll love AC even more.

Posted by dankempster

@BitterAlmond: Thanks for taking the time to read the blog post and this list. Glad it's sort of had its intended effect! I definitely intend to play Arkham Asylum at some point this year - I've singled out about fifteen games on here which, along with the ten or so I intend to buy over the course of 2012, should keep me busy for most (if not all) of 2012. Somewhat ironically, I have yet to clear a game from this list this year, due to sinking all my game-time into two lengthy RPGs (Skyrim and Persona 3). Hopefully I'll be able to remedy that next month. On the flip-side, I haven't bought any games yet this year, so even though the pile hasn't got any smaller, at least it hasn't got any bigger either!

Posted by ARProductions_HMG

A lot of these games are badass. Especially the Resident Evil games, Saints Row 2, Doom and Doom 2, Aliens Vs Predator, and more.

Posted by ZombiePie
I plan to tackle Final Fantasy VIII as soon as I've finished Enduring Final Fantasy VII. If all goes to plan, that should happen before 2012 is out.

Bwahahahaha!

Posted by dankempster

@ZombiePie: Hindsight's a wonderful thing, ain't it? :P

In all seriousness though, if I stick to my fortnightly schedule I've got enough time in 2012 left for four more eps of 'Enduring FFVII'. From where I am, I think that's pretty feasible. So.... challenge on, I guess?

And don't worry, I won't be Enduring any more Final Fantasies (or any other games for that matter) for a long while to come!

Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw

Be prepared, Dan. Borderlands 2 will swallow your soul. One day, you'll be fine. The next day, you'll be on a street corner wearing a tattered pea coat with a beard badly in need of trimming begging for Gold Keys from passerbys. It's a drug. A sweet, marvelous drug that blasts you in the face with acid and electricity.