Posted by Jimbo

Bit of a trip down memory lane thinking about these!  Ok:

Lords of the Realm
Pirates! Gold
Full Throttle
Mafia

I... I think that's all I got.

Edited by JackiJinx

Uh...Dave, I think you mean FFVI, not III.

Posted by jimmy5150

Great to see Ikari Warriors on this list.  Besides being a great game that I've beaten (or got as close as I could on the NES version) it was also the first game that I ever played.  I still get excited when I hear the great 8-bit music from that game.

Posted by FireSketch

Of course Half Life is on this list, that game is still incredible.
I've heard good and bad things about Indigo Prophecy, particularly about the plot twists. Your opinion?

Posted by ahoodedfigure

Been replaying Morrowind.  Apart from the heinous bugs I'm loving it all over again.  I think the key is the alien-feeling world.

Edited by sagesebas
@JackiJinx: I believe he was correct, FFIII was never released internationally...wait he said he re-bought an snes to play it. But the link is to the FFIII that was only released at the time in Japan. Anyways do yourself a favor download an emulator and download a copy of FFIII it is an extremely fun game.
Posted by JackiJinx
@sagesebas: It really could be either, re-reading it, as he never specified whether he bought a Japanese one or an English one.
Posted by sagesebas
@JackiJinx: Either way I'm sure they are both worthy of this title
Edited by Sepultallica86
@JackiJinx: Yeah, I saw that one to, unless he imported a Famicom and could read Japanese.
Posted by Steamboat

Not a big fan of diablo?

Posted by LordAndrew
@sagesebas said:
" I believe he was correct, FFIII was never released internationally...wait he said he re-bought an snes to play it. But the link is to the FFIII that was only released at the time in Japan. "
It's likely that he meant VI. It's not necessary to view a page to add it to a list, so it's an easy mistake to make. At least it's an easy mistake if you don't realize that the North American Final Fantasy III is really Final Fantasy VI, which apparently Dave doesn't realize!
Posted by sagesebas
@LordAndrew: that would make sense.
Posted by UnsolvedParadox

Give WarCraft 2 another try, it's quite a lot of fun. I'm guessing you weren't big on 3 either, which I think was hugely underrated (and still looks pretty good, even a decade after).

Posted by bullishsquinty

I have some incredibly fond memories of The Legend of Zelda, by far my most played game.  I had a book of graph paper I'd used to map the overworld and dungeons, for both quests. 

Posted by sandwich_adjustment

some hardass games here. and lengthy.I beat tiefighter also! Damn..those were some epic days. I even broke a joystick playing it. Maybe on mission 18..for some reason that number comes up in my mind. I have this game to thank for my Sidewinder 3D that i got instead.

Posted by Habast

Great list, and I totally agree about Morrowind (though I did finish Oblivion).

Posted by andyexists

great list, especially when it contains half life