3 Comments
Posted by ahoodedfigure

What's cool about 6 Golden Coins is how it mixes up the whole formula, actually registering kills as the way to get a 1up, and coins as a way to gamble for power ups.  Wish they'd try to mess with the system like that more rather than keep repeating things all the time.

Morrowind's alien landscape is just great.  If it wasn't buggy I'd probably be playing it twice as much as I've done already.

Posted by MikkaQ
@ahoodedfigure said:
" What's cool about 6 Golden Coins is how it mixes up the whole formula, actually registering kills as the way to get a 1up, and coins as a way to gamble for power ups.  Wish they'd try to mess with the system like that more rather than keep repeating things all the time.  Morrowind's alien landscape is just great.  If it wasn't buggy I'd probably be playing it twice as much as I've done already. "

It was probably because they were paving new territory with the Game Boy at the time, and the first mario game felt more of just "okay let's get mario on a gameboy" while this one actually felt more adapted to the platform. It would be nice to see nintendo do a little more trailblazing with their franchises, but they've been playing it safe for a few years now. 

And yeah, Morrowind had some of the best art design I've seen in a game, it's fantastic. My endless modding of it couldn't not have helped the bugginess though. But going into the editor and turning the fireball into a town-killing nuke spell was much fun.
Posted by ahoodedfigure
@XII_Sniper: *laughs* I'd like to see that kind of fireball (and what it'd do to your reputation.) 

A mod I'd ask for would be one to get rid of all corpses and dropped objects in the game world.  Usually the people I leave lying around have heavy, useless junk that I can't manage to carry.  Get rid of that and I think the crashes and bugs would decrease, as I think the thing tries to keep track of EVERYTHING.