5 Comments
Posted by fisk0
@ahoodedfigure:
I just found out which game it was - Burai Fighter.
Posted by fisk0
@ahoodedfigure said:
" @fisk0: Section-Z as in you're an upright robot type guy who can shoot in either direction scrolling through science fiction-style levels?  I wonder if there's some way to hunt that down just through genre stuff, although I guess the Gameboy has way too many titles for this to be easy. "
Yeah, I have no idea of what the name of the subgenre would be, but yes, it was that style of game, I can't remember if the main character was a robot though, but you could move and shoot in all 8 directions, if I remember correctly you held B to shoot in a direction while moving in another, otherwise you would automatically aim in the direction you moved. I do know that the game was also available for the NES and possibly the Amiga, but I can't remember the name of it.
Posted by ahoodedfigure
@fisk0: Section-Z as in you're an upright robot type guy who can shoot in either direction scrolling through science fiction-style levels?  I wonder if there's some way to hunt that down just through genre stuff, although I guess the Gameboy has way too many titles for this to be easy.
Posted by fisk0
@ahoodedfigure said:
" Good thing this list is small.  My equivalent is pretty big (but I never did get it down here). "
Well, sadly there's a lot more, I haven't gotten around to adding them all yet, and some of them I can't remember the titles of anymore, there was some Section-Z style shoot em up for the gameboy that I can still remember the awesome music from, but not the title, and a bunch of other gameboy games too, some of which I just remembered what they were called, so I'll add those. :)
Posted by ahoodedfigure

Good thing this list is small.  My equivalent is pretty big (but I never did get it down here).