15 Comments
Posted by TurboMan

Seth over John Marston? and Zeke? 

good eight however

Edited by T4RTERS4UCE

The most developed video game character is Francis York Morgan. End of Discussion. 
Also, good list. You made some really interesting picks.

Posted by Bloodgraiv3

Very interesting list. 
Posted by Sammo21

Interesting list, though I would have to disagree with most. 

Posted by Video_Game_King

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Japanese characters. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you haven't played the games I have. In that case, here are some recommendations:

Seto, à la Fragile Dreams

Yoyo, from Bahamut Lagoon

Come on! Many of the game's themes rest on the very moral contrast between these two characters.
Posted by InsidiousTuna

I'd say John Marston and Niko Bellic are glaring absences, but it's not my list. Still... Dude. John Marston should totally be up there. While Seth is certainly a unique character, I wouldn't say he's 'developed'. He's not established as anything other than a creepy, crazy grave-robbing sad sack when you meet him, and he doesn't prove to be any deeper than that as you play along. Marston, however, is one of the most realistic and realized characters in any game I've ever played, and you learn his character and his history as you play through the game.  

Man. I've beaten RDR twice, once at launch and once about a week ago (getting 100.0%, as well), and just talking about Marston makes me want to start up another file.

Posted by Kyreo
@InsidiousTuna said:
" I'd say John Marston and Niko Bellic are glaring absences, but it's not my list. Still... Dude. John Marston should totally be up there. While Seth is certainly a unique character, I wouldn't say he's 'developed'. He's not established as anything other than a creepy, crazy grave-robbing sad sack when you meet him, and he doesn't prove to be any deeper than that as you play along. Marston, however, is one of the most realistic and realized characters in any game I've ever played, and you learn his character and his history as you play through the game.   Man. I've beaten RDR twice, once at launch and once about a week ago (getting 100.0%, as well), and just talking about Marston makes me want to start up another file. "
I don't really feel like the players character can be too thoroughly developed.  Niko and Marston were great characters but... they lacked perspective because they WERE your perspective on the game worlds they were in.   

Nathan Drake is the only player character on here because the dialogue, cutscenes, and character interaction really shaped him throughout the game.   

I just really liked Seth because the little mini story that went on during RDR.  He was once a man, a normal man.  With a wife, children and friends.  But for some reason he and this other man that he is trying to kill were driven to madness looking for some long lost treasure.  Also, I loved Seth's laid back, nonchalant  attitude about the whole zombie apocalypse thing in Undead Nightmare.  He just seemed to be molded by the events of the game, where someone like Marston is the one molding the world around him.  That is why I think Seth is one of the most developed characters.
Posted by Kyreo
@TurboMan said:
" Seth over John Marston? and Zeke?  good eight however "
Did you not like Zeke?
Posted by InsidiousTuna
@Kyreo: Well, like I said, it's your list! 
Posted by Agent47

Mr.House on the list and first!? Damn fine list sir!Damn fine indeed.

Posted by Kyreo
@Agent47 said:
" Mr.House on the list and first!? Damn fine list sir!Damn fine indeed. "
We should hang out.  
Posted by Example1013

Starkiller. 

This list is over. 

Also, for the sake of argument, we'll pretend TFU II didn't exist, since I've heard nothing great about that game.

Posted by Kyreo
@Video_Game_King said:
I'm noticing a distinct lack of Japanese characters. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you haven't played the games I have. In that case, here are some recommendations:

Seto, à la Fragile Dreams

Yoyo, from Bahamut Lagoon

Come on! Many of the game's themes rest on the very moral contrast between these two characters.
Is that third picture from Valkyria Chronicles?  Cuz I have that.  Should I play it, oh kingly king?
Posted by Video_Game_King
@Kyreo

It's not from Valkyria Chronicles. I've never even played that game, so you should probably ask somebody else about that game.
Posted by ahoodedfigure

The Arbiter was great, agreed.