But I love breast!
Jeez, this is like the latter half of a Law & Order SVU episode, where a Judge reads out the list of items found on the defendant's computer.
They came for the porn games, and I said nothing
I understand why this came up on AV, but I never saw the need for it here. Was there really that much trouble related to titles like these? Most of the, in my opinion, content that needed deletion or moderation was found on the character pages.Also, it feels like a lot is open to interpretation, #4 specifically, I mean: "implying sexual content"?I'm not trying to start anything here, I want a clean site and I know what could happen, as in AV's case, but I always get these horrible sparks at the back of my head when I see censorship emerging or increasing, and I always have to say something...
I get it now, Zombie is a Fascist!
Huh. Guess I should've saved a few then. Anyways, if anything, thank you for dealing with the Musumaker gallery. Why someone would upload loli here is beyond me.
So how are any of those pieces of shit "culturally significant"?
" So how are any of those pieces of shit "culturally significant"? "
" @Terjay said: " So how are any of those pieces of shit "culturally significant"? "I'm curious about this to. What does something have to be to be labeled "Culturally Significant"? "
Is Giantbomb no longer the number one source of naked cartoon pussy?):
So Mortal Kombat Fatalities are fine, but nipples are beyond the pale?
"First they came for the porn games, and I said nothing because I am not a total creep"
I think this is kind of dumb, but whatever.
Really don't understand how any of this crap is culturally significant.
are you sure this won't poison you, zombie? reading this sounds like a police report at a hearing...
The Japanese and users on this site sure love kiddy porn.
Man, that's a lot of fucking porn games (pun intended). And they're still somehow considered significant enough to be on the wiki? In what way? Who would want to look up information regarding this game for anything other than to see explicit screenshots? I feel for you ZombiePie. I don't think I could do this.
Who the hell even added any of these games to the wiki in the first place?
As I have children and surf the internet in a room where they might also be present, I'm glad that someone is taking the trouble to cleanse the sight of images and content that might be unsuitable for them. It's a shame that it is needed on here, but now I know it happens it is appreciated.Thanks
How exactly do you determine if a porn game is significant? How do Let's Meow Meow and The Sagara Family avoid deletion?
Why don't you just ban people who put this stuff up? Or is this too harsh? It would seem the simple step to take and save you trawling through all this crap.
Also what's Loli? I'm at work and don't fancy investigating at the moment.
" Also what's Loli? I'm at work and don't fancy investigating at the moment. "
An entertaining read. Your knowledge of the terminology is a bit too good. The terminology combined with the ESRB-style description of the content...And remember when you said this? @ZombiePie said:
" I was moderating images when images for Let's Meow Meow popped up...I've seen things that I never wanted to see...catgirls...so many catgirls... "
I always thought it was weird how all this stuff was on here. Not that I'm against it, but it just seemed out of place.
I dont like censorship, the only good thing here is the removal of illegal content. But as Addymac said earlier, ripping spines out in a game is ok, but seeing nipples is not? really?
@peritus: It's our prerogative as to what goes on our database and what doesn't.
Turns out there is still porn on the characters pages. I started cleaning them and there are some really nasty pictures...
I've been wondering about the "culturally significant" thing, and I might have it figured out:
1. Japanese hentai games translated into English. There are remarkably few of them (especially compared to the number of them released in Japan). I'd say at most, 150 have been translated? That's including fan translations. Only a handful of studios have gotten in on the action, such as Peach Princess, G-Collections, JAST, and most recently MangaGamer.
2. Japanese hentai games with no English translations that inspired non-hentai anime series that have been translated into English. (e.g., Popotan, Comic Party, Koihime Musou, etc). Also ones that inspired non-hentai games, such as Tsukihime, which was the first appearance of the characters in the fighting game favorite Melty Blood (made by the same developer).
3. Japanese hentai games that have been voluntarily censored by developers and released on console. (e.g., Baldr Force EXE, Eve ~ New Generation X ~ were just two released for PS2 in Japan. This happened quite a bit on PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, and PS2).
4. Notorious Japanese hentai titles that have received a great deal of negative attention in the media. token examples: Battle Raper, RapeLay, etc
5. Western adult games. All ~20 of them. (e.g. BoneTown, Singles, Lula 3D, etc.)
Did I miss anything?
Ultimately I'm going to guess that "culturally significant" means games that have either been translated and sold in the west, or the ones non-fluent people interested in the genre have probably heard of.
Hold on are all the lolis gone. :(
Yes and they aren't coming back.
@scarace360 said:Hold on are all the lolis gone. :(Yes and they aren't coming back.
i got nothing left to live for time to play TOR till i die.
I think I hear Gamefly calling me back. Thanks for the list.
edit - damn it, they are almost all on PC.
how scarred are you?
You love hentai?!