5 Comments
Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw

Pretty darn solid list. I haven't played a few of the games on your list, so seeing Theatrhythm, Closure, and Rhythm Heaven Fever listed is pretty neat. I'm absolutely terrible at rhythm games. Rock Band Blitz has taught me to stay very, very far away from them.

Moderator Online
Posted by GunstarRed

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loved Theatrhythm enough to put it in their top 10. I really wish I'd have had more luck with Rhythm Heaven.

Posted by MajorMitch

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Thanks! Rhythm games in general can be pretty challenging. I only feel competent at them because I've played a decent number of them. I also like to think I have some amount of natural rhythm :) I blame Elite Beat Agents for my stupid love of the genre though. I played that game to death.

@GunstarRed: I wouldn't argue that Theatrhythm is one of the "best made" games of the year, but damn if it isn't fun. Maybe enough people like us liked it and bought it to encourage more ridiculous rhythm games :) And Rhythm Heaven's definitely not easy; Remix 10 was insane. That's one of the things I personally liked about it, but I fully understand the sentiment.

Posted by Slag

Hmmm I gotta say Closure didn't do it for me at all, but I will give it credit for being really novel.

Theatrhythm is sadly way under appreciated, was cool to see it included on your list!

Interesting list!

Posted by MajorMitch

@Slag: Thanks! Closure didn't seem to grab a lot of people, and maybe I just like those kinds of games more than most, but I really enjoyed it. It had a lot of clever ideas. And I agree that Theatrhythm hasn't gotten enough lovin :)