6 Comments
Posted by asantosbr

Thanks for you review, I bought the game, havent played it yet, reading you review and watching the GB quick look got me more excited to play it.

Edited by Metal_Mills

I disagree. I think it looks and sounds fantastic. I've run into pretty much no glitches. The multiplayer needs work though.

Edited by frondoni
@Metal_Mills: I'm glad you're not seeing these problems, but there's a perfect demonstration in the quick look. Just about 9 minutes in, an ork is sucked into a wall during an execution.
Edited by Metal_Mills
@frondoni said:

@Metal_Mills: I'm glad you're not seeing these problems, but there's a perfect demonstration in the quick look. Just about 9 minutes in, an ork is sucked into a wall during an execution.

I've seen that but that is the only glitch I've seen. I haven't seen any other visual or audio issues. Why do you think the sound is awkward?
Edited by GaspoweR

The clipping in this game is visually jarring but it doesn't affect the gameplay as much. The game also has been in the works for about 3 or so years now. I think Relic was given enough time to work on the game and at the very least they are very good when it comes to consistent updates that address problems like they do in the Dawn of War games. I just find the comment in the review of this game being thoroughly unfinished as very harsh. Otherwise, its a good review and well thought out nonetheless.

Posted by frondoni
@Metal_Mills: Awkward was an interesting choice for a word, I know. Basically, there are a few small issues that repeatedly crop up, but hey're not large enough to merit discussion in the review. For instance, the death speeches are played at the same volume as the game continuing in the background. Clearly minor, but cumulatively these audio problems make for some awkward moments. 

@GaspoweR: The clipping occurs frequently enough to be distracting as is largely a non-issue in competing titles - which naturally highlights its appearance here. I used the word unfinished because thats just how the game felt. Its well designed and mostly well executed, but its flaws are both clear and entirely correctable - signs of a rushed product. This is not a slight to Relic (a very talented studio), only a reflection on this one title. 

@asantosbr: I'm glad the review was helpful, I'm sure you'll enjoy the game. 

Thanks to all three of you, I appreciate the constructive feedback.