427 Comments
Posted by ch3burashka

Dammit, not updating on my iTunes either!

Simple solution - download the Zune software.

Make a pact with the devil.

Posted by Grilledcheez

If it makes you guys feel any better, it isn't updating on my windows phone either ...

Edited by ArbitraryWater

Guys, I feel the need to mention that House of Cards is based off a British series, because the British series is fantastic.

Also, this was a preeetyyy great podcast.

Edited by jkanownik

It is not working for me with Zune. I keep getting error C00D1312 (feed not formatted correctly).

Edited by Capn_US

@jkanownik said:

It is not working for me with Zune. I keep getting error C00D1312 (feed not formatted correctly).

Same here. :(

In IE8 (WinXP), clicking on RSS gives me an error. "This feed code contains errors."

FYI

Great episode, as always!

Edited by GaspoweR

Guys, I feel the need to mention that House of Cards is based off a British series, because the British series is fantastic.

Also, this was a preeetyyy great podcast.

I knew I remember that from somewhere. Thanks for the info.

Edited by GaspoweR

@capn_us said:

@jkanownik said:

Same here. :(

In IE8 (WinXP), clicking on RSS gives me an error. "This feed code contains errors."

FYI

Great episode, as always!

Have you guys tried adding the RSS URL manually? It worked for me and other users as well. I'm using Downcast on iOS and it's working for me now. Here's the URL as mentioned by a fellow duder

@mcghee said:

In itunes click "File," "Subscribe to podcast," paste "http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/giant-bombcast/" and you're working again.

For guys using the Downcast app, from the main menu go to "Add Podcasts", then go to "Add Podcast Manually", then paste the aforementioned URL. Here it is again so the duders on their mobile devices can copy it easily.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/giant-bombcast/

Finally, if this worked for you please spread the word to the other duders who are still waiting for the feed to be unborked.

Edited by SpicyRichter

Copying and pasting the URL results in the following error in instacast: "The operation couldn't be completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 26)"

;Looks like the rss has XML syntax errors?

Edited by Massive_basset

Manually adding the URL does not work on PocketCasts on Android. The Giantbomb logo shows up, but the episode list is empty.

Posted by Deinos

Damn, have to get my podcast fix tethered to my desk. Looking forward to getting the RSS feed back in working order...

Posted by ch3burashka

The feed is fixed - hallelujah!

Not only that, the entire back catalog is still available. Other podcasts can learn a thing or two from Giant Bomb - screw all of them that limit you to the past 10 podcasts.

Edited by rchen

Hey all, I fixed the rss feed on /podcast-xml/, please point to there for now (for Giant Bombcast at least)

Edited by TruthTellah

The new Bombcast player seems to just cause my Flash player to crash. Not sure why the new player isn't playing nice. I guess I'll just have to download and listen to them for now.

Posted by gbrading

God to say, I really love the in-site tape player. I always download the podcast and play it off-site, but the player is ultra retro.

Edited by SupberUber

I like the new design of the podcast player.

Posted by JARist

it wont download through itunes! fix anyone?

Posted by black2s

This might just be my favourite Bombcast evah!

Edited by fisk0

Man, Ryan saying publishers wouldn't start using dumb DRM if it isn't reliable, doesn't he remember the early days of Securom and Starforce? The original PC release of Bioshock could only be launched once, after which Securom would fail to recognize the disc (a patch was issued after 3 weeks making it possible to play the game and which added the option to de-authenticate the game if you had to reinstall the system, otherwise you would only be able to install the 5 times ever), Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory works perfectly on 64-bit versions of Windows for the people who pirated it - but not for their loyal customers, as the Starforce DRM they used for the game wasn't 64 bit compatible, and thus the retail game is unable to launch on modern systems.

And we haven't even mentioned DRM requiring an permanent Internet connection then.

@jarist said:

it wont download through itunes! fix anyone?

Had to unsubscribe, and resubscribe through the Itunes store (not just click the "subscribe" button on the current feed again), seems like it didn't automatically switch to the new URL like the crew thought it would.

Edited by mrpandaman

@fisk0: Well you've gotta hope they've learned from those failures. And also those are older game DRM problems, are there more recent ones like those?

Posted by Vigil80

I had finished listening to this one, but I needed more. So I went back and got the podcast from the same week of February '09.

Vinny: "I put the cap on Fable 2 this weekend."

Ryan: "Got every key, every gargoyle...

Vinny: "Yep."

Ryan: "...now we can never talk about Fable 2 again."

Brad: "What about when I play it?"

I love Giant Bomb. Seriously.

Posted by Supertom11

Still not updating on iTunes.

Posted by Capn_US

@gaspower: I had tried manually and by subscribing through Zune. Whatever the case, it appears to be working now. Woo-hoo!!!

Posted by Max_Cherry

Broken

Posted by Brackynews

@jeff and crew tend to make a lot of timeline assumptions based on fiscal years, but in fact companies set their own fiscal year-ends, and thus their fiscal quarters. Activision starts its year on January 1; Nintendo, Sony and Ubisoft start on April 1; Microsoft starts on July 1, their Q1 ends September 30; and the U.S. Government starts on October 1 (the only example I could find quickly).

Retailers like GameStop and Wal-mart, start on February 1. They have no need to conveniently align with calendar quarters, when accounting for holiday returns is the priority.

Even if the majority of companies are consistently April, fiscal quarters are still a bad estimate for release windows. That's a lot of data to keep in mind. (pardon my Pachter, but I've been taking accounting classes all year. No more, thank god. ;)

Posted by Aelric

This is last weeks podcast. This weeks isn't up yet?

Posted by ch3burashka

@aelric said:

This is last weeks podcast. This weeks isn't up yet?

That's a redundant question. Go to the Waiting Room if you're bored.

Posted by Max_Cherry

Fixed

Edited by Max_Cherry

Never say "ultra retro" again.

Posted by Johnnboy2000

Any word when today's show is going up?

Posted by blueinferno

I'm having a Godawful week, and the only cure is new bombcast.

Posted by Qlanth

@max_cherry said:

Never say "ultra retro" again.

Yesterday was a holiday so it seems they were recording it today and just finished. Probably going to be a late one this week.

Posted by Darkstorn

@jeff and crew tend to make a lot of timeline assumptions based on fiscal years, but in fact companies set their own fiscal year-ends, and thus their fiscal quarters. Activision starts its year on January 1; Nintendo, Sony and Ubisoft start on April 1; Microsoft starts on July 1, their Q1 ends September 30; and the U.S. Government starts on October 1 (the only example I could find quickly).

Retailers like GameStop and Wal-mart, start on February 1. They have no need to conveniently align with calendar quarters, when accounting for holiday returns is the priority.

Even if the majority of companies are consistently April, fiscal quarters are still a bad estimate for release windows. That's a lot of data to keep in mind. (pardon my Pachter, but I've been taking accounting classes all year. No more, thank god. ;)

Fascinating. I agree that it's too easy to jump the gun and make those assumptions

Edited by Krataur

Brad: "Car models peaked, like, 10 years ago."

What...

Edited by Johnnboy2000

they just put up a crysis quicklook so hopefully the bombcast is nexts.

Posted by jakkblades

@krataur said:

What...

I sort of vaguely see his point. Burnout 3 cars still look good. Granted that's like eight and a half years ago, but I'd rather look at Burnout 3 cars over Halo 2 faces any day.

Posted by ch3burashka

@krataur said:

What...

I sort of vaguely see his point. Burnout 3 cars still look good. Granted that's like eight and a half years ago, but I'd rather look at Burnout 3 cars over Halo 2 faces any day.

Isn't Burnout 3 cars vs. Halo 2 faces literally the case of apples vs. oranges?

Edited by graf1k

@krataur:

@krataur said:

What...

Yeah, Brad can usually keep his hyperbole in check, but I mean, come on, this is just nuts. Hell, just look at Forza versus Forza 4 or Forza Horizon. That's 6-7 years and a HUGE difference, much less 10 years.

Edited by meaninoflife42

"Hey everyone, it's Tuuuuuuesday?"

Posted by Undeadpool

"February the 19th, and you're listen to......the GIANT BombCAST! I'M Ryan Davis!!"

Posted by mrangryface

How are Tuesday nights supposed to go if there isn't a bombcast? I've forgotten.

Posted by mrangryface
Edited by Undeadpool
Edited by Kosayn
@krataur said:

What...

I think he was talking about how for quite a while, rendered cars have been a lot closer to being indistinguishable from reality compared to, say, rendered Triple H's hair.

By the way, the Crysis 3 Quick Look is sort of podcastish, while we wait...

Edited by chrollo

@undeadpool:

@meaninoflife42 said:

"February the 19th, and you're listen to......the GIANT BombCAST! I'M Ryan Davis!!"

Annnnd to my right is VINNNAAAAY CARAVELLA.

Edited by Zamir

@chrollo said:

@undeadpool:

@undeadpool said:

@meaninoflife42 said:

Brad Shoemaker here

Posted by RetroVirus

@zamir said:

@chrollo said:

@undeadpool:

@undeadpool said:

@meaninoflife42 said:

Brad Shoemaker here

Jeff's off to New York cause he's going to see the future of Playstation: Home 2.0.

Edited by chrollo

@zamir: Ryan," Still no Klepek."

Vinny," Alright good show. see you next week."

Ryan,"Wait, we haven't done emails."

Brad,"Oh, Emails."

Ryan, "Alright thats going to close the show folks."

Edited by Aelric

We've never missed a bombcast.

-Ryan Davis

Never forget

Edited by mrangryface