427 Comments
Edited by Marokai

Brad's ridiculous flakiness with playing games wouldn't be so unbearable to listen to if he would at least just cop to being a flake. His weird insistence that he will play games, that everyone knows he won't finish, only for him to not finish them and then get pissed at people who expected him to, is one of his worst aspects.

Also, it's not the game's fault if you disappear from the game for a few weeks and then come back and forget what happened. I get that that's not fun to see everything in context; but that shit is on you.

Posted by qawsed

Posted by abrasion

This particular episode does not seem to be appearing on the feed list? Despite deleting it from scratch and resubscribing. ? I've had to manually download it.

Edited by Game_Pad

32" Samsung LED-LCD TV I bought during Black Friday has 2 HDMI ports and only has 1 hybrid component/composite input.

Also, Blu-ray players, along with Roku, have pretty much phased out component. For that matter, I am pretty sure the BD playback on the PS3 via component is limited to 480p.

Let's face it. Component is on it's way out. Makes sense the consoles would follow suit.

With that being said, I would be surprised if these consoles did not still have composite.

Posted by Game_Pad

I listen to the Bombcast on a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ (4GB).

Advantage being, much more lightweight and portable than a phone.

Edited by Undeadpool

@ch3burashka said:

@undeadpool said:

@aelric said:

We've never missed a bombcast.

-Ryan Davis

Never forget

Quid pro quo, Clarice

A song to suicide to...

Edited by ch3burashka
Posted by Johnnboy2000

https://twitter.com/taswell/status/304075193620500481

its coming only 8:12 here in the bay.

Posted by vegetashonor
Edited by innervoicexx

Or maybe they lost Jeff's butt and can't post the new bombcast until they find it..

Posted by HubrisRanger

https://twitter.com/taswell/status/304075193620500481

Edited by vince_kupo

I'm ready to cast some Bombs

Edited by infinite_zero00
Edited by innervoicexx

Maybe they want to hold off and do something after the PS4 crap.. Or maybe not.

Posted by VonDarkmore

love the bombcast love the site

Posted by Undeadpool

@aelric said:

-Ryan Davis

Never forget

Posted by D_Man_Taylor

They've still got 2 hours. Only 10pm here in MN.

Posted by seamus85

podcast is comin', and it's a SNIDEcast!

Posted by ch3burashka

@ch3burashka: No. Apples vs. Oranges is literally apples vs oranges. halo 2 vs burnout is figuratively like apples vs. oranges.. Don't worry, though, this is a common mistake.

No, I'm pretty sure Burnout cars look, feel and taste like apples, as much as Halo 2 faces taste like oranges.

Posted by yoshimitz707

@vegetashonor: I've never understood why people do that. They have until midnight in THEIR (the best) time zone to get it up and still have it be a Tuesday podcast. They still have 4 hours left!

Posted by vegetashonor

@wikitoups: 10:40 pm here in WV. Tick tock, tick tock! :)

Posted by Wikitoups

@aelric said:

-Ryan Davis

Never forget

Its only 7:30 here in the bay area they have 4 hours too put the show up. everyone relax!!

That or wait tomorrow for a special playstationcast!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BranDong

I'm ready for some Bombcast!

Posted by tactis

@zamir said:

@chrollo said:

@undeadpool:

@undeadpool said:

@meaninoflife42 said:

"Hey everyone, it's Tuuuuuuesday?"

"February the 19th, and you're listen to......the GIANT BombCAST! I'M Ryan Davis!!"

Annnnd to my right is VINNNAAAAY CARAVELLA.

Brad Shoemaker here

Jeff's off to New York cause he's going to see the future of Playstation: Home 2.0.

"Anyone go see that new Die Hard movie? Because I did. Fuck that shit" (1 hour of talking about Die Hard 1-5).

Although Jeff not being there I am not sure how much Die Hard talk there will be.

Edited by Livingitlarge224

@ch3burashka: No. Apples vs. Oranges is literally apples vs oranges. halo 2 vs burnout is figuratively like apples vs. oranges.. Don't worry, though, this is a common mistake.

Posted by Johnnboy2000

@aelric said:

-Ryan Davis

Never forget

Its only 7:30 here in the bay area they have 4 hours too put the show up. everyone relax!!

Edited by infinite_zero00

@aelric: *Slow Clap*....my chilluns are silently crying beside me.....

Edited by mrangryface
Edited by Aelric

-Ryan Davis

Never forget

Edited by chrollo

@zamir: Ryan," Still no Klepek."

Vinny," Alright good show. see you next week."

Ryan,"Wait, we haven't done emails."

Brad,"Oh, Emails."

Ryan, "Alright thats going to close the show folks."

Posted by RetroVirus

@zamir said:

@chrollo said:

@undeadpool:

@undeadpool said:

@meaninoflife42 said:

"February the 19th, and you're listen to......the GIANT BombCAST! I'M Ryan Davis!!"

Brad Shoemaker here

Jeff's off to New York cause he's going to see the future of Playstation: Home 2.0.

Edited by Zamir

@chrollo said:

@undeadpool:

@undeadpool said:

@meaninoflife42 said:

Brad Shoemaker here

Edited by chrollo

@undeadpool:

@meaninoflife42 said:

Edited by Kosayn
@krataur said:

Brad: "Car models peaked, like, 10 years ago."

What...

I think he was talking about how for quite a while, rendered cars have been a lot closer to being indistinguishable from reality compared to, say, rendered Triple H's hair.

By the way, the Crysis 3 Quick Look is sort of podcastish, while we wait...

Edited by Undeadpool
Posted by mrangryface
Posted by mrangryface

How are Tuesday nights supposed to go if there isn't a bombcast? I've forgotten.

Posted by Undeadpool

Edited by meaninoflife42

Edited by graf1k

@krataur:

@krataur said:

What...

Yeah, Brad can usually keep his hyperbole in check, but I mean, come on, this is just nuts. Hell, just look at Forza versus Forza 4 or Forza Horizon. That's 6-7 years and a HUGE difference, much less 10 years.

Posted by ch3burashka

@krataur said:

What...

I sort of vaguely see his point. Burnout 3 cars still look good. Granted that's like eight and a half years ago, but I'd rather look at Burnout 3 cars over Halo 2 faces any day.

Isn't Burnout 3 cars vs. Halo 2 faces literally the case of apples vs. oranges?

Posted by jakkblades

@krataur said:

What...

I sort of vaguely see his point. Burnout 3 cars still look good. Granted that's like eight and a half years ago, but I'd rather look at Burnout 3 cars over Halo 2 faces any day.

Edited by Johnnboy2000

they just put up a crysis quicklook so hopefully the bombcast is nexts.

Edited by Krataur

What...

Posted by Darkstorn

@jeff and crew tend to make a lot of timeline assumptions based on fiscal years, but in fact companies set their own fiscal year-ends, and thus their fiscal quarters. Activision starts its year on January 1; Nintendo, Sony and Ubisoft start on April 1; Microsoft starts on July 1, their Q1 ends September 30; and the U.S. Government starts on October 1 (the only example I could find quickly).

Retailers like GameStop and Wal-mart, start on February 1. They have no need to conveniently align with calendar quarters, when accounting for holiday returns is the priority.

Even if the majority of companies are consistently April, fiscal quarters are still a bad estimate for release windows. That's a lot of data to keep in mind. (pardon my Pachter, but I've been taking accounting classes all year. No more, thank god. ;)

Fascinating. I agree that it's too easy to jump the gun and make those assumptions

Posted by Qlanth

@max_cherry said:

Never say "ultra retro" again.

Yesterday was a holiday so it seems they were recording it today and just finished. Probably going to be a late one this week.

Posted by blueinferno

I'm having a Godawful week, and the only cure is new bombcast.

Posted by Johnnboy2000

Any word when today's show is going up?

Edited by Max_Cherry

Never say "ultra retro" again.

Posted by Max_Cherry

Fixed