427 Comments
Posted by Geralt

Ahh...the good old days of bombcast.

Edited by evanbower

@ericsmith said:

Jeff's ability to talk shit (without knowledge) about Android is unmatched.

Is there any chance that he has knowledge and Android is just bad?

Posted by Jeff

@ericsmith said:

Nooooo, let's just ignore the fact that I actually own an Android phone and keep raging about the opinions I formed after using it.

Staff
Posted by Solutha

Volume slider is a little iffy.

Posted by tourgen

great show!

I miss the old yearly artwork

Posted by ripelivejam

put the hard drive on one side of your head, the gun on the other and take care of all the data at once :|

Posted by DedBeet

The notion that there won't be a Half Life 3 is ridiculous. Come on, Jeff

I'm with Jeff on this one. So much time has passed, I'll be very surprised if Valve ever announces another Half Life game.

Posted by JohnTheGoat

Any progress on getting this thing onto itunes? Deleted all my feeds and resubbed, but it still isnt working.

Posted by Regal

Oh come on now, still nothing on iTunes? I understand that there can be difficulties getting the feed up and working but it's been days since launch. Someone's forgot about us internet phone users.

Posted by ucankurbaga

I love the new layout of the website and cassette player on podcast! Good job guys

Posted by DCam

Third time I pressed play, it actually did...

Posted by YoThatLimp

I actually listened to the podcast 3 times this week, this week was really awesome.

Posted by Godmil

Using Downcast on ipod, if you're adding the RSS address, beware there are a couple of different addresses... the one that works is: www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/giant-bombcast

Posted by bartok

Not on my Itunes either!!! I want my Bombcast :(

Posted by StrakAttack

I assume it's Apple's fault but still sad. :(

Edited by soupbones

Not updating on my iTunes - Even the location where you can subscribe on iTunes shows the PSA as the most recent Bombcast.

Still the same. Getting a big fat 0 when I head over to subscribe.

Posted by KittyVonDoom

Easily the best episode in a long time. Thanks, guys!

Edited by skadave

@godmil:

@godmil said:

Using Downcast on ipod, if you're adding the RSS address, beware there are a couple of different addresses... the one that works is: www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/giant-bombcast

This totally worked for me. Thanks.

Posted by Supertom11

Oh no! Whatever changes you've made prevents me from downloading and listening at work. Most gaming related stuff is blocked but I've always been able to get the Bombcast... until now.

Posted by EricSmith

@jeff said:

@evanbower said:

@ericsmith said:

Nooooo, let's just ignore the fact that I actually own an Android phone and keep raging about the opinions I formed after using it.

I genuinely don't understand how you can say 4.0 and beyond is a bad OS. 4.1 on my Galaxy Nexus is faster than iOS is on my iPad 3. The only dumb thing I don't like about Android is the hundreds (of thousands) of useless apps available in the Play store. The 110 apps I have, and the 50 I use are either the same apps that are available on iOS or an analogue so close it would be impossible to tell the difference.

Feel free to dislike it, but you never say anything beyond "Android sucks," or "As long as it isn't Android."

Posted by Sen0r_Awes0me

Grouping the user clips with the podcast is pretty awesome design ^_^

Posted by jiltedvalkyrie

All of the episodes for Giant Bombcast are missing from Xbox Music... Even the ones that were locally downloaded.

Um, please fix.

Posted by seanord

Downcast app still not updating existing feed, nor able to recognize new feed in search.

Posted by fearlessidiot

@jeff said:

@evanbower said:

@ericsmith said:

I genuinely don't understand how you can say 4.0 and beyond is a bad OS. 4.1 on my Galaxy Nexus is faster than iOS is on my iPad 3. The only dumb thing I don't like about Android is the hundreds (of thousands) of useless apps available in the Play store. The 110 apps I have, and the 50 I use are either the same apps that are available on iOS or an analogue so close it would be impossible to tell the difference.

Feel free to dislike it, but you never say anything beyond "Android sucks," or "As long as it isn't Android."

Stop being butt hurt by something as arbitrary as Jeff's opinions, not that i'm saying that jeff opinion isn't relevant, but if his opinion of something can be boiled down to the fact that he just doesn't like it, then that's his fucking opinion, start going into details and that's a long road...

On another note, that was one of the greatest, meta, strange, mildly depressing podcast ever, its felt dare i say it almost more adult then past episodes.

Posted by tbk

Good thing that the player looks like a cassette.

Posted by belaraphon

gummie lifesavers left out until semi stale is the best!

Posted by EternityInBlack

Ugh. The iTunes feed is borked.

Posted by plainplease
Edited by Ghostiet

@dedbeet said:

@fistfulofmetal said:

The notion that there won't be a Half Life 3 is ridiculous. Come on, Jeff

I'm with Jeff on this one. So much time has passed, I'll be very surprised if Valve ever announces another Half Life game.

Half-Life came out in 1998. Half-Life 2 came out in 2004 after a delay. Valve is now at a completely different place financially and culturally, they can pace themselves easily. If I had to bet, they are waiting for this generation to finally die. It's been kept on life support since the Kinect and Move came out and it's gonna get prolonged for another full year, so it's not like there was a good time for them to release something as anticipated, considering it probably would be made on a new engine - what would be the point of putting out a completely new Source that would only have to be downgraded to work on dated hardware?

Posted by fooflighter737

Love the Cassette animation on the Bombcast player

Great new look to the site!!!!

Way to go GB!!!!

Posted by Xshinobi

iTunes still broken :(

Posted by fartlord

Looking forward to iTuning into this ha ha

Edited by McGhee

In itunes click "File," "Subscribe to podcast," paste "http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/giant-bombcast/" and you're working again.

Posted by happymeowmeow

Site is up again!

Best wishes to Patrick for a speedy recovery.

Edited by bartok

Still can't get the show on itunes I hope it is fixed before the new one is released

Posted by Redbeard_Jones

@mcghee: Nice one @mcghee ! Worked perfectly for me! You are legend.

Posted by bartok

@mcghee: Thanks for teaching me that reading is FUNdamental!!!

Posted by Kyfallion

@mcghee said:

In itunes click "File," "Subscribe to podcast," paste "http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/giant-bombcast/" and you're working again.

Made an account just to say this worked for me and thank you.

Kyfa

Posted by icepoison

I used to use Doggcatcher app on android for my Bombcast on the go, now it doesn't work with the new feed =s

Posted by T4RTERS4UCE

RSS is super borked right now.

Posted by huser

You know Vinny, that's why I stopped playing Plague, Inc. I just got a nagging guilt about all the electronic people I had a hand in killing. Was pretty addictive at the time though.

Posted by razielrioux

Yay! Site's no longer on fire! I can't seem to get the feed through Itunes though, anyone else having this problem? I have tried both the unsubscribe/resubscribe and just trying to link to the RSS feed itself. No dice.

Edited by Chewii101

@mcghee said:

Is this working for anyone? I've tried copying and pasting that url and the url from the RSS feed but neither work :(

Posted by punkxblaze

The volume slider works in increments of loud, from PERFORATING YOUR EARDRUMS to GIVING YOU A MINOR HEADACHE.

Posted by wormburner40

For those still having trouble, I'm using Podkicker app and it appears to have recovered. I'd recommend it, especially if you are not using an iPhone.

Posted by Billservo

Also not working on iTunes for me. I'm also using Downcast and it's seeing some weird behavior. Original RSS link doesn't get any new episodes. Manually subscribing via the link here gets the newest episode and goes only back as far as the GOTY episode 4 podcast.

Edited by Crolk

the itunes podcast is no working .... the sadnest , the pain .. fix it fix it now

Posted by ScreamingFist

Dammit, not updating on my iTunes either!