260 Comments
Edited by bushpusherr

I don't give a shit about this game, but I wanted to let @snide and the engineering brigade know that the site is fucking awesome, and the pin functionality and new player make this much more enjoyable to watch!

Posted by RIDEBIRD

You can watch it here:

http://sv.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/366733403

This is an impressively awful looking game. Dat 1999 texture on some shit. Jesus.

Posted by Phished0ne

Jim Lahey's a drunk bastard.

You know what that sound is? Thats the sound of the shittomorphs coming for ya!

Posted by Risingsun

This is the first time a quick look as made me nauseous. I had to stop watching by the end. I think it was the dark and identical corridors and the fast movement of the gun that did it.

Posted by Triphos

Just for the (possible) bug count record: I had sound but no video on streaming and progressive in

Chrome Version 25.0.1364.68 beta on my mac, but the video works fine once I switch to HTML 5.

Posted by Dinosaurs

I met John Dunsworth (Jim Lahey) and Pat Roach (Randy) this month while they do their tour and it was one hell of a good time. Love those dudes.

I had some hopes for this game but after viewing this I'm going to have to wait for one hell of a Steam sale.

Posted by Dezztroy

All the AvP2 talk makes me wish Drew/Patrick followed through with their plans for an AvP2 TNT.

Posted by das9000

The compression artifacts on the video are fucking horrible (at least for me, I'm not talking about you) and I don't see an option to increase the resolution (?). I don't know if this is a problem with video encoding at creation time but I'm assuming the same procedures were used as on the old site/player, and it looks noticeably worse. I don't know if this is intentional but if this is your plan to get more payed subscribers then fudge you GiantBomb.

Posted by President_Barackbar

Did anyone else notice that the one cinematic in the QL looks like 1999 era 3D? Shit looks seriously bad.

Posted by DougQuaid

The NVA totally had acid for blood back in Nam.

Edited by Ghostiet

@das9000: Yeah, I'm having similar problems. The video quality likes to randomly change to 240p when I exit full screen and go back and also the framerate is completely jacked in full screen.

Edited by CakeBomb

Loved the quote Vinny, well done.

Edited by Pop

shoot that dude!

Posted by Wilshere

Always glad to hear Drew's voice!

Edited by I_smell

Huge stretches of noone saying anything... Quick Looks are just Lets Plays now aren't they?

Edited by FMinus

This game is superior bad especially so if you're an Alien(s) fan. Gearbox really did a mess here, where it was expected on Duke Nukem, I thought they might have this locked to be a hit, even tho it had problems shifting studios and what not, I really expected Fox & Sega to look over this a bit more as they apparently did.

Game is simply put broken and as Jeff says, the basics of a FPS game are there, but that's not enough for a high-profile game like that and the story is a mess.

I know Randy is pretty much a PR guy, but I've had about enough of his PR lies, to make a quick buck out of people when in reality he knows perfectly fine how bad the game will turn out. I don't even mind them trying to sell that, but next time just keep quiet Randy, don't crown the game into heavens when you know it's a turd and people wont expect as much as now.

Still can't believe that a license like that didn't receive the love it deserves from neither side Gearbox, Sega or Fox, and I really don't care bout TimeGate, Nerve & the other studios who apparently worked on this, it's pretty much the fault of the big 3 mentioned.

Shame, is all I have to say...

Posted by Nihilius

I'm glad I didn't bother to even get excited about this game.

Edited by maskedarcstrike

They did get the actor Michael Biehn to reprise the role of Hicks. I guess this is the buildup of releasing a game at the end of a near 7 year old console generation.

Hey everyone's gotta vent once in a while.

Edited by Majkiboy

Looks insanely booring. Also WAY less tension than expected due to two irritating persons yelling at you all the time.

Edited by MattClassic

Some Doom mod show-and-tell for Unprofessional Friday would be neat

Posted by zenmastah

Such a shame that this game turned out like this, such a boring and generic shooter.

Posted by andmm

Playback is not working properly here, keeps getting stuck mid vid.

Posted by AlisterCat

@i_smell: They were letting the dialogue play out in the stretches I noticed. It's not very often they don't have something awful to say about the game they're playing.

Edited by arimajinn

Looking at this... the AvP 2010 game doesn't look that bad anymore...

Edited by The_Laughing_Man

So when is this game even supposed to take place? The Aliens wiki says its after Aliens 3.

Posted by Mezmero

Edited by Dimi3je

Not liking the player. Gets all choppy in fullscreen.

Edited by StriderNo9

Not bad, it didn't look too bad at all.

Posted by fox01313

Between the video & written reviews on other game journalism sites & the article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun (here) of all the bugs they found with the single player; think I'll go play the original AvP on the PC instead of this. Not sure which studio working on this just kept it feeling like Duke Nukem did of maybe putting in a few new things but leaving it mostly feeling like the writing/gameplay was done in the early 1990s & never changed. This just looks boring on how they did the execution of the single player so hopefully the multiplayer has better life.

Edited by Cretaceous_Bob

So Aliens greatly influenced Halo, which greatly influenced shooters, so seeing all of that stuff loop back on itself in an Aliens video game is really freaking my shit out.

Posted by Gaston

Useful flamethrowers in games: Dead Space 2, Alien Breed ;)

Posted by Adaptor

A great Alien(s) game, for me, should be a survival horror game with a bit of shooting mixed in. This game seems to have it all backwards...

BTW: Love the new site!

Edited by Liquidus

@adaptor: Yeah, this game really seems to have its ideals confused. Still, I was a bit hopeful for it because I just wanted a good Aliens game, but doesn't seem like this is the one.

Posted by Wolf
Posted by Tennmuerti

This looks ... old; very plain like it was made 5 years ago or something. With bad blurry textures. Nasty voice acting too. Shooting looks kinda anemic.

Edited by Funky_Pasta_Tommy

I really should get around the watching the first two films.

Posted by stryker1121

"Soo-Lah-Co," not "Suhl-ico," fellas. Pedantry aside, it amazes me how little developers understand fanbases. Aliens had its share of action but the movie was mostly about build-up, terror and atmosphere. I'm not looking to play an alien game with corridor shooting hundreds of aliens and fighting human enemies.

Edited by Nilazz

I'd rather go back and play the old Alien Trilogy for the saturn/psx

Edited by leejunfan83

Never been a big aliens fan, but why does this interest me more than every other first person shooting game?

Posted by Potter9156

Posted by JuggaloAcidman

Love the new sites look... It's just slow as dirt right now.

Edited by SirOptimusPrime

As a mild Alien(s) fan, this looks dumb.

As someone who likes shooters, this looks boring.

As someone who appreciates dialogue and voice acting, this is TERRIBLE.

Edited by Metal_Mills

God damn, 1 star. That's brutal. What a disappointment.

Posted by NekuSakuraba

I knew this was going to be terrible, I just knew it.

Edited by IcarusFoundYou

The exploding egg effects remind me of Duke Nukem 3D.

Edited by Killaclause

I am not going to play this game, it looks like no fun.

Edited by Atom

I know there's a lot of stuff to complain about in this game, but I just can't get past the fact that the ammo counter on the side of the pulse rifle doesn't drop to zero when you remove the clip.

Posted by The_Nubster

Hey Jeff, I ain't never seen no Aliens either

You're both just uncomfortable with the idea of a vagina monster face-raping you to pregnancy so that a living dick-alien can birth itself out of your chest.

Edited by Xymox

Looked okay at first. And then it looked like a modern military shooter. And then it just looked like Shoot Many Humans: The Video Game. The aliens just look wonky. I think I'll be staying away from this one. The multiplayer seemed A LOT better though. This game would benefit from a left 4 dead style objective mode. Maybe even letting players invade your single-player campaign and controlling the aliens because the AI and everything about them seems terrible.

Also, the chrome "auth.giantbomb.com is now full screen." message refuses to leave the screen with the new player. Very annoying.