261 Comments
Edited by Andromedius

Makes AvP 2010 look like art....

Edited by Ketchupp

This just makes me want to play AvP2.

Posted by Osaladin

Why you gotta pick up the health and armor game?! Just make it automatic ffs.

Posted by huser

Posted by huser

So I've asked this elsewhere, but I can maintain hope here.

Weren't there only about 100 colonists on the planet? Where are all these Xenos coming from?

Posted by Dberg

How is it no one has made a Left 4 Dead game with aliens yet? I was sure that was what this game was going to be :(

Edited by chilipeppersman

@andromedius: yea it makes me just want to play that instead!

Posted by TatsurouXIII

this is pretty cool.

Edited by stryker1121

Just watching a little more of the vid and I'm trying to be somewhat positive. Some of the atmosphere, look and sound of Aliens is there, but man...the gameplay is so generic and boring. Like one of the guys said, hearing the pulse rifle sound is cool at first, but becomes quite a bit less special when you're spraying bullets in every direction. All the tension and terror of the movie is ripped out.

I try not get het up over this kind of shiz, but it drives me wonky how little creativity and ambition went into this game.

Edited by MoonwalkSA

@vuud: Yeah, but you had to watch it on their twitch channel because GB was basically dead at the time.

Edited by LegendaryChopChop

Totally average, totally disappointing, totally glitched video game.

Great!

Posted by kkotd

Crap quality and YT says the video was removed for 'being too long' which is the first I've ever seen YT pull that crap in a long time.

Posted by Bombzinski

Wow what is up with this game's audio hard panning like crazy? A guy shoots slightly to the left of you and he sounds so far to the left he shouldn't even be in your field of view. I imagine this will be super annoying to play if you like to locate enemies by sound. Of all the games to cock up they chose the one where stalking should be important.

Posted by Rabid619

Wow this looks... damn. I love Alien(s) so I was looking forward to this game, and despite the terrible reviews rolling in I still had some hope for it, but after seeing this, those hopes are gone. Unreal that over half of this quick look was spent shooting generic soldiers.

Made me sad to hear Drew slowly turn on this, too. First few minutes his was noticeably excited, but then as it went he just seemed really sad.

I'm sure we'll get another good Aliens game eventually, @drewbert. Next gen, right? Or even something like Infestation for the DS again.

Posted by KittyVonDoom

That paid members block is deceiving. "Members only". Shouldn't it really say "Paid feature"?

Also, blocking the otherwise free (and reliable) YouTube version from the site seems like a shitty thing to do. Boo you, CBSi! I mean, wasn't that version only put there to save bandwidth?

Posted by vegetashonor

Can anyone else DL the video on thier phone? "Samsung Galaxy here". I can't seem to figure out how on the new site at all!!!

Posted by Teizen

Basically COD with an aliens theme.........

Posted by Sackmanjones

Holy Shit! Was finally able to actually sign in!

Posted by TatsurouXIII

and yeah I agree with the duder who said the new player is slow as fuck. It really is.

Edited by Max_Cherry

Alien is to good movies as Aliens is to bad movies.

Posted by supermonkey122

Dead Space is a better Aliens game than this.

Edited by Trilogy

Oh man, the new video player looks so much nicer than that old cbs piece of shit. It's not all pixelated in full screen anymore! Hurray!

Posted by Patman99

The only interesting part of this game is the multiplayer and that's only because the "enemies" are actually deadly. I would just suggest playing Natural Selection 2 as that has the same sort of asynchronous aspects but has deeper gameplay.

Posted by jedge

Red Space - the Homefront x Dead Space crossover we've all been waiting for...

...And now I've bummed myself out.

Edited by darkest4

Having lots of problems with this video player, every time I try to enter or exit fullscreen the video resets to the beginning, and lots of freezing and what not.Hopefully just new site issues that'll get worked out.

Anyways this game looks terrible and bland, just a terribly generic shooter mowing through countless of the same generic enemies who seem to have bad/boring AI, yawn.Kinda kills the Aliens fiction when one dude with a machine gun can easily kill dozens and dozens of aliens in the span of a hour.. these things are supposed to be hard to kill and incredible stealthy predators that don't just walk right up to you in clear line of sight over and over while you spray bullets into them.Why do developers keep thinking every game with shooting in it has to be "action packed" and throw hundreds of weak/braindead enemies at you? There's no tension, horror or fun in that type of gameplay. Ugh. Also the models look pretty bad for the aliens.

Just looks extremely boring overall and no innovation or new ideas here either, meh, definitely won't be buying this.

Posted by MasterVerhoffin

If Drew had REALLY written his thesis on xenomorphs, he'd know it's called a "pharyngeal jaw" not a "second mouth". Cough.

Posted by GunsAreDrawn

There's a laser tag placed in Scotland called Megazone and it uses the gun sound effects from aliens for the guns in the place.

Posted by GasparNolasco

Kinda junk.

The only good videogame thing to come out of the Aliens franchise (in a way) was Dead Space.

Posted by ArtisanBreads

We get it Jeff, you don't like or even give a chance to some popular things for no understandable reason.

Edited by cloudnineboya

i wish they would center the video at the top makes me feel lopsided and off balance and squinty eyed.

plus window mode don't work for me

Edited by MeatSim

Maybe they should stop trying to make Aliens games now. It doesn't seem to be working out anymore.

Edited by jsnyder82

We get it Jeff, you don't like or even give a chance to some popular things for no understandable reason.

In his defense, the xenomorph design DOES look pretty goofy.

Posted by ashton

game over man...game over...

Edited by ThatDudeOverThere

so you increase your armor by putting on more and more helmets, with no limit to how much headgear you can wear

okay

Edited by whatisdelicious

@artisanbreads

said:

It only does because it took into account that a dude is gonna have to wear a rubber suit to pull it off. They need to stop standing straight up like dudes. Only pounce and run on all fours.

And still, that doesn't excuse how Jeff has never seen The Dark Knight. The first and third Batman movies are totally optional, but man, The Dark Knight is so good. It's not even because of hype and pop culture and all that. It's just fucking good. He'd like it.

Posted by thebunnyhunter

Cant complain when Drew in the video

Posted by jsnyder82

@jsnyder82

said:

@artisanbreads

said:

It only does because it took into account that a dude is gonna have to wear a rubber suit to pull it off. They need to stop standing straight up like dudes. Only pounce and run on all fours.

And still, that doesn't excuse how Jeff has never seen The Dark Knight. The first and third Batman movies are totally optional, but man, The Dark Knight is so good. It's not even because of hype and pop culture and all that. It's just fucking good. He'd like it.

If it doesn't interest him, it doesn't interest him. That seems like a pretty good excuse to me.

Posted by Discoman

After a point does Aliens innately have enough variety when it comes to enemies that the game could remain interesting for a several hour long campaign? They shouldn't have stuck so close to the movies, or even fail as bad as they did at doing that.

Posted by mekon

That ragdoll physics moment with the dead dude dancing around on the floor was a cameo from Wriggly Scott. I hereby now apologize unreservedly.

Posted by qawsed

Does the audio seem slightly pitched down to anyone else?

Posted by LikeaSsur

I've never been into the Aliens franchise, and now doesn't look like a good time to start.

Posted by TripMasterMunky

Why does the video quality suck now? Is there a quality setting I'm missing?

Posted by shodan2020

Was this game made with the Duke Nukem Forever engine?

Posted by MrBubbles
@benpicko said:

@spiritof

said:

Embiggen'd and pinned only gives me the slightest sliver of and area, below the player, within which I can read and respond to comments.

Yeah I wish you could resize it or something

i have never used embiggen because i never knew what it was. Your post made me do it and now i can't believe i've never used it.

Posted by mrcraggle

This just looks like a CoD mod. Where is the atmosphere and tension that the first 2 films are so well known for? The game clearly had it at one point from the demo that was shown last year.

The Xenos themselves look comically bad. Just look at the animation of them when Ryan is playing as one at the end and swiping away. It looks like it's swatting at a fly in the air rather than this fierce alien that will tear you to shreds.

Are GearBox going to be THQ in reverse? While THQ wanted to put out high quality games, they flopped and we all know what happened there but GearBox might see success with terrible games. While I enjoy Borderlands, DNF sold millions of copies despite it being a horrible game and I can see this being the same.

Edited by Boopie

this game has such a rich spirit to it

Posted by BenRoyTurner

I literally didn't watching this until the aliens showed up. I'm so disappoint with this game.

Posted by SnowyPliskin

That gun sounds god damn awful.

Posted by jaxjaggywires

Well, this quick look doesn't make it look like a 1-star...just a mediocre shooter with a little franchise branding.

Edited by IronScimitar

The gun sound was cool for 3min. Then it got annoying as fuck. I was looking forward to Ryan using the shotgun.