34 Comments
Posted by mtcantor

Jesus, that shrill argument about Microsoft's next gen plans was awful. Just people screaming at each other trying to make vague points.

Posted by megalowho

Great work on Fire Emblem, you guys! Hell of a project.

Posted by Kri0s

In reference to DmC, How can you complain about combat being to complex in a 3rd person action game that prides itself on just that? You play JRPGs that take 20-40 hr. to get started and build up a fully developed world, but your hand cramps when you play DmC so its to compicated? Really...

Posted by Jost1

Come on ride the train choo choo

Posted by DeF

Was real pumped to see what looked like a new feature from patrick, only to click through and see it's just a podcast for a website i'm not even on

"for a website I'm not even on"

you're not on giantbomb?

also, how do you not know who or what 8-4 is by now?!

Posted by Oscar__Explosion

E3 HYPE BUS

Edited by Hassun

Source of the audio track involving scooters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXiJcFVds0E

(imbedding does not seem to work atm)

Posted by Tr4gic_H3r0

8-4 is awesome! Another great episode and those music cues are hysterical!

Edited by Nettacki

@zero_:I recognize one of them (Mark Macdonald) from the old EGM days. So is this what he's doing now? Localizing Fire Emblem and running a Japan-focused podcast? If so, I wanna listen more.

Posted by Supah_Ted

8-4 is great

Posted by Sydlanel

Heyya

So I was hearing your podcast,
and you guys got to the point of the no used copies in consoles thing.

I can perfectly imagine it happening, looking at the success of steam which actually does all those negative aspects of no reselling/gifting/giving back retail games ( I use steam a lot, it is just too convenient not to, but the truth is that I HATE the Abstraction/Service-ation of Games that they are frontlining). For the record, steam DOES block retail copies too, When I bought Company of Heroes, it locked the Serial number to my steam account... a few years ago... which is basically what microsoft would be doing with the always online requirement.

It is horrible, I hate it, I find greedy and monstruous that they they can circumvent the legal concept of product ownage ( since now we're just being leased games ) without any legal ramifications. But hey, it wouldn't surprise me, it's already here, and we failed to notice.

Edited by hollitz

Any 8-4 casters looking for Steam friends :o ?

ALSO! There's a new podcast about Japanese games! So you pretty much have to do weekly podcasts now to stay competitive. Right? Right? Please :( ?

Posted by Christoffer

Sweet episode, people. Enjoyed every minute. Though I don't think the train to E3 is that "hyped" yet, is it?

Posted by demonssoulfood

Only complaint about 8-4....its not every Friday. You guys are awesome!

Edited by demonssoulfood

Only complaint about 8-4....its not every Friday. You guys are awesome!

Posted by Zero_
@mcghee said:

Why are these guys' podcast on the site again? Not so say it sucks or anything. I'm just curious what the connection is.

Because some GB staff members are friends with the 8-4 guys, who focus on the Japanese side of games - which the GB crew have very little care for.

Posted by CptBedlam

@galloughs: Dude, 8-4 is not "another website". It's just a great podcast and GB is its new home. Give it a listen.

Posted by BanGy

A real URL!

Posted by beard_of_zeus

Playing through Fire Emblem right now! Up to chapter 12. :D

Mark, John, Hiroko, JJ, and everyone else at 8-4: you guys did a wonderful job with the localization! I'm particularly enjoying all the Support dialogue conversations; they really help bring all the characters to life.

My sentiments exactly. And I think I'm around the same point in the game, maybe a little farther - absolutely loving it. Having the relationship mechanics be a big part of the gameplay, as well as having all that dialog to complement them really does wonders for this particular FE.

Sounds like the the localization was a lot of work, but the 8-4 crew knocked it out of the park. *internet high-five!*

Enjoyed the Skulls and DQ7 talk as well.

Posted by Wallace316

A good podcast by a pretty cool group of girls and gals.

Posted by MichaelEM3

Playing through Fire Emblem right now! Up to chapter 12. :D

Mark, John, Hiroko, JJ, and everyone else at 8-4: you guys did a wonderful job with the localization! I'm particularly enjoying all the Support dialogue conversations; they really help bring all the characters to life.

Posted by dungbootle

Was real pumped to see what looked like a new feature from patrick, only to click through and see it's just a podcast for a website i'm not even on

Not to say they haven't been a welcome addition to our site for awhile now.

Edited by Chango

Real cool

Posted by Figcoinc

8-4 Podcast? Cool!

Man, this site looks wonderful. Looks great guys!

Posted by Undeadpool

GOD, I love those music cues. They get me EVERY time.

Edited by MeatSim

new sites working, and content!

Posted by McGhee

Why are these guys' podcast on the site again? Not so say it sucks or anything. I'm just curious what the connection is.

Posted by RobertOrri

Hmm, didn't the old site show the total runtime of the podcast on the page, without having to click on anything in the site's player?

But I do love that tape effect! Seriously cool.

Posted by ChrisTaran

Site's up, Dave!

(also 8-4 is awesome)

Posted by Zoltar007

@galloughs

said:

Got that stuff lined up, too. :)

Cool. Looking forward to it!

Posted by patrickklepek

Got that stuff lined up, too. :)

Staff
Edited by galloughs

Posted by Polskais1

sites up!