130 Comments
  • 130 results
Edited by louiedog

This game started out great for me. The intro video is awesome, and style and charm are spot on, but about half-way into the game it became too repetitive. It's not even that long. I wish they'd done a bit more with it.

It'd also be nice if they mentioned when mobile games are on Android (and c'mon, which iOS devices it works on). Android still isn't in the same league as iOS when it comes to games, but a lot of people have them. It's useful to know.

Edited by MeatSim

I like the idea of playing the defense attorney that represents all the scumbags. I just wish it was more like Phoenix Wright, and the dialogue/humor was better.

Posted by casper_

i dont want to play as some fucking yuppie

Edited by louiedog

@meatsim said:

I like the idea of playing the defense attorney that represents all the scumbags. I just wish it was more like Phoenix Wright, and the dialogue/humor was better.

Agreed. Phoenix Wright is coming to iOS/Android early this year. I'm looking forward to it.

Posted by Slab64

Hate Billy Joel?

Oh, Ryan.....don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?

Posted by Amafi

It looks fun, but Good Lord. It's not very funny.

Yeah, the pre-trial banter is some of the most cringeworthy stuff I've seen in a game in a long time. Awful.

Edited by Elwood

The theme song is great, it captures the 80ties style perfect (you can download it for free on the official game site) but what more is, some of the cases are directly reference to 80ties movies such as Top Gun, there is a guy you defend who just felt the need for speed. And also and Ghostbusters type who trashed the local library and so on.

Also there is a little story in the game, which in the end leads up to a Boss, who surprising enough, was very easy to beat once you figured out the tactic.

Edited by MichaelBach

Sticky videos is my favorite new GB feature so far. So nice to be able to scroll the comments while watching the vids.

Edited by Dallas_Raines

WHAT THE FUCK! A mobile game, you really quick looked a MOBILE GAME!? Giant Bomb used to mean something...

Posted by ghostNPC

Ugh the humour is nails on chalkboard bad.

Edited by depecheload

WHAT THE FUCK! A mobile game, you really quick looked a MOBILE GAME!? Giant Bomb used to mean something...

You know a Game Boy game is a mobile game technically.

Also, they've been doing this for a while now.

Posted by Shortbreadtom
Posted by Nictel

You know sarcasm doesn't work on the internet right?

Posted by Rabid619

Absolutely love this game, super charming and pretty damn fun. Still wish it was a bit longer, though.

Posted by Abendlaender

I went into this thinking it is some Ace Attorney rip-off. I'm sad it isn't, I want some more AA :(

Posted by TehPickle

It kinda bugs me how much Android is left out to dry in these parts. They didn't even acknowledge this games existence for the format in this QL.

Granted Android has it's faults, but I really don't think it deserves such a cold shoulder.

Posted by MorkaiTheWolf

Anyone else having an issue with once you hit play you can't pause the video or adjust the volume at all? It's all just blacked out for me...weird...

Posted by DarkShaper

Probably gonna pick this one up next time I travel anywhere.

Posted by Phatmac

I thought it'd be a Phoenix Wright rip off for a second. :/

Posted by LarryDavis

Speaking of TV themes, Welcome Back Kotter was originally just called Kotter, but the theme (by John Sebation of The Lovin' Spoonful [heh heh, semen]) was released ahead of time, and was a HUGE HIT. So since he says "welcome back" at the beginning, they changed the title of the show.

TRUE STORY

Edited by Darji

Meh I really want a PC version of this...

Posted by natureboy46

Glad to see the quick look for this. Was on the fence but after watching picked it up in the Kindle Fire HD. For what it is, it's fun.

Posted by bonesquad

I like seeing mobile/iOS Quick Looks, but I'd really like to see them of games that aren't 4+ months old. Joe Danger Touch maybe? That's only a month old at least.

As for this particular game, I liked the concept and presentation, but after 4-5 attorney battles they game quickly became quite repetitive. It really isn't much of a strategy game, and is more a grindy turn-based JRPG battle.

Edited by ectoplasma

Why didn't you use the reduce damage spell Brad? Why Brad, whyyyyyyy? ^^

Posted by Phished0ne

This game is also available on Android! Sweet! I just started playing it!

are you playing it on a tablet or a phone? im curious to know if the UI scales well to phone.

Edited by jediknight00719

I played through this whole game during the holidays. Its pretty cool, i felt the the humor gets better later in the game as the prosecutors get more character. The gameplay is ok but it becomes more about how can i effectively take out everyone in 3 turns rather than a typical TBS game. When upgrading your powers, it felt like upgrading the ability to put in more damage was the only path. The other paths felt good only if you could last more than 2 turns but most of the time you can't cause the maximum amount of health you have is 10.

It was oddly addicting which i assume is due to how short each fight was but it felt that there was only one way to beat the game.

Edited by mrfluke

glad to see brad branching off and playing different games, dude is starting to become very cynical imo

Posted by crcruz3

@thaquoth said:

Sticky video is the best thing ever. EVER.

Yes.

Posted by Paindamnation

@crcruz3 said:

@thaquoth said:

Sticky video is the best thing ever. EVER.

Yes.

moar of this.

Posted by kollay

Damn, the site is beautiful.

Posted by TehJedicake

FUCK! I spent all that time watching the intro only to find out it's an iOS game, I was fooled again =\ *clicks back button*

Edited by darkest4

Eh.. hope Giantbomb doesn't start focusing on stupid phone games too much... A really good one once in a while is fine (The Room looked somewhat interesting/worthy of attention for example) but this looks like barely a game at all. There's tons of real PC/console games that actually have substance that are far more deserving of attention, imo.

I come to Giantbomb for the laughs but also to get an idea of what big PC/console games to spend money/time on and to discover the occasional indies/small budget gem that Giantbomb guys dig up. I don't want to come here to find out what the tweens are playing on their iphones on the bus ride to school these days.

Just my opinion though, maybe there's some great demand for quicklooks/reviews of iphone/facebook/whatever games here that I am just oblivious too. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned and behind the times or something.

Needless to say, I don't see the appeal of this game, looked like a 1st grader could easily beat it, no real "strategy" involved.. unless being able to count and add up to 9 and rolling a dice is considered challenging these days... Maybe if it was hilarious but.. nope. I'm kind of surprised people would want to spend their free time on this over so many other options, whatever floats your boat I guess though.

Posted by bushpusherr

I continue to have no idea how they haven't all developed like crazy problem solving skills from how many games they play lol. That last case was rough...

Posted by buft

As for this particular game, I liked the concept and presentation, but after 4-5 attorney battles they game quickly became quite repetitive. It really isn't much of a strategy game, and is more a grindy turn-based JRPG battle.

this is pretty much how i felt too

Edited by SpunkyHePanda

Seems weird that the humor isn't better outside of that incredible intro.

And I'm not gonna rage about some of Brad's strategic decisions. Not gonna do it.

Edited by cloudnineboya

shouldn't the sticky video icon be animated? my only gripe with the site is i would like the VP to be centred its too far to the right.apart from that the the vp is excellent. love the new site.

Posted by Sticks

@cloudnineboya: just press the embiggen button and you've got a centered video player

Posted by RageGoblin

Looks like a dumb phone game.

Posted by smitty86

How you gonna hate the man who did "Movin Out"? Come on Ryan!

Posted by Ronald

I thought that for a second too, and then I realized this was Brad and he knew he had to die at least once in the game. It's what we expect.

Posted by Korosuzo

Was yelling the same thing in my head.

Posted by zombiesatemycereal

@dallas_raines: They've been doing mobile games for the past two weeks, get over it. Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

Posted by MadaRenrut

this is the pulse

Posted by MadaRenrut
Posted by Piot
Edited by MrBubbles

After watching this I decided to buy it on my android because it looked fun. Also I can't believe brad didn't realize that he had multiple cases available.

Posted by bonbolapti

@darkest4: I wouldn't worry about it, content is content. Sadly, what they do will never be 100% tailored to anybody.

Posted by HerbieBug

@brad said:

@mediumdave said:

It looks fun, but Good Lord. It's not very funny.

No, no it isn't. :\

Though, I somehow find its failed attempts at humor to be charming in their own way...?

yeah I kinda felt that way too on the first couple dialogue exchanges. But then it kept being unfunny and progressively less endearing. :/

• 130 results