94 Comments
  • 94 results
Posted by Six

sonic boom?

Posted by ConstantineL

Well this is not going to make me get a 3DS

Edited by Elwoodan

Good, was hoping for a look at this, wanna know if the 3DS version is any good.

Edit: ouch, nevermind :(

Posted by Virtua_Ben

Wow, now that's performance issues if I've ever seen 'em.

Posted by Mesoian

My word...that's pretty terrible.

Edited by CaptainJudaism

I was not expecting much... and I was not disappointed in that assessment.

Posted by Slaegar

Mario Kart 7 looks nicer and has no performance issues so its sad to see a game look that rough and still hitch up.

Edited by iAmJohn

What a bummer. Good thing the other versions are so good.

@slaegar said:

Mario Kart 7 looks nicer and has no performance issues so its sad to see a game look that rough and still hitch up.

To be fair, you're comparing a game built from the ground up for 3DS to a game built for the 360 that was hastily downported to the 3DS.

Edited by SexVicar

Bro-Tip: PC version runs on a toaster, looks nice and has super smooth 60FPS on Mid-Range PC's. That's what you want.

Posted by GrantHeaslip

It wasn’t consistently great, but I really enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine. I guess it’s kind of similar to Luigi’s Mansion in the sense that it wasn’t what people were expecting, but that era of Nintendo first-party stuff (Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin, The Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, etc.) had a creativity and charm that they arguably need to get back to.

Edited by MistaSparkle

Weird and cool that Ralph is in there, but my favorite part is all the spoken menu selections. I love it when games do that.

EDIT: Wow, that framerate is not looking good. Did the Xbox/PS3 versions run at 60?

Posted by Daveyo520

Ya, I can't tell when framerate is bad.

Posted by MeatSim

Everyone deserves a decent framerate.

Posted by Ketchupp

Gross! And Sunshine was enjoyable. Better than that Galaxy shit IMO.

Posted by JJOR64

Bummer about this version. Get it on a console or PC. I have the Wii U version and it's great.

Posted by DoctorSensei

Yikes, that framerate is nasty. Wonder how the Vita version holds up.

Edited by Sooty

Yikes, that framerate is nasty. Wonder how the Vita version holds up.

Looks and plays much better.

Posted by evanbower

Hmmm... If I full screen the video, then exit full screen, the video goes all black but the audio continues. I love the new site but the video player is making me loco.

Posted by Arghron

So let me get this right, Brad, you're interested in playing Super Mario Sunshine and yet (I'm pretty sure) you haven't and probably won't play Mario Galaxy (cause you don't own a Wii!??!?!!)!??!?!?! What!?!?!?

Posted by UltimAXE

Man, this looks tragic. The Carrier Zone level is actually super cool and exciting on the consoles. At least that awesome Afterburner theme is still in there.

Posted by AcidBrandon18

The Vita version is much better.

Edited by Laiv162560asse

I thought Mario Sunshine was great. The world was kind of fun, the level design was good, it looked nice, was mechanically sound and that water pistol business was strangely satisfying. The biggest drawback for Nintendo fans was, I suppose, the fact that it need not necessarily have been a Mario game at all, since it wasn't exactly a natural progression from Mario 64. At the same time, the fact that it used the Mario aesthetic and character roster probably made it a better game than it would otherwise have been.

Edited by CrazyManDan

@doctorsensei: I've only played S&ASR:T on the Vita, but contrasting with the Quick Look the guys did of the console version, it seems to hold up. The water doesn't look great, and it has the customary Vita jaggies, but the framerate is fast and smooth.

Posted by fuzzypumpkin

Shit, you guys are on a Gamcube binge. I love it.

Posted by Oscar__Explosion

I honestly don't understand the hate over Sunshine. I thought it was great.

Posted by Alekss

I have a 3DS and I have yet to find someone to sell it to....

Posted by triviaman09

Actually Brad, I had no idea what a framerate was until I starting going to Giant Bomb. Unless it broke the game, I just didn't notice. A bunch of the games I played as a kid probably had horrible framerates.

Posted by Pronouncemyname

Those frame rate drops.

Posted by Suits

@constantinel:Fire Emblem Awakening makes a good case this month

Posted by Suits

I think all Sunshine was good for, was having it's settings transferred to other Nintendo IPs. Definitely no SM64 or SMG2

Edited by thatdutchguy

mario kart 7 looks and plays great so i don't know why this game would have such bad framerate and graphics.

Edited by Gyrfal

Anybody else get super stuttery audio on everything but progressive?

Posted by joshthebear

Es no bueno.

Posted by Crippl3
Posted by ReaganStein

Brad needs to stop using his phone in quick looks, it's rude and makes his contributions terrible.

Posted by Fleck0

Wow it's the complete opposite of the PC port which is beautiful and runs at a solid 60

Posted by Demoskinos

I can't really pickup on the frame rate stuff watching the video. I'm sure I could tell if I actually saw the actual game but dunno.

Edited by Seb

Framerate transformed.

Edited by DickDanger

It wasn’t consistently great, but I really enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine. I guess it’s kind of similar to Luigi’s Mansion in the sense that it wasn’t what people were expecting, but that era of Nintendo first-party stuff (Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin, The Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, etc.) had a creativity and charm that they arguably need to get back to.

As much as people down all 3 of those games, I actually loved and played through all 3. Given, they're all different but they're not bad games; in fact for me, they're good!

Posted by LarryDavis

@ketchupp said:

Gross! And Sunshine was enjoyable. Better than that Galaxy shit IMO.

Did you play Galaxy 2? Because I hated the first Galaxy game, but 2 is really good. They got rid of almost all of the motion control garbage.

Posted by RE_Player1

The Vita version is much better.

How is the Vita version in terms of features? Does it have online multiplayer?

Edited by Pr1mus

Wow that version looks like ass.

I guess it makes sense. It's a Sonic game, there has to be at least one crap version for consistency.

Edited by BuddhasEarlobe

@reaganstein: I agree but he was pimping the site and also they were doing a quicklook of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (3DS),

Posted by Andorski

This game is boss on PC. More people need to play it.

Posted by laxbro19

this game looks like ass. The console version performs far better. This didn't need to come out.

Posted by buft

Actually Brad, I had no idea what a framerate was until I starting going to Giant Bomb. Unless it broke the game, I just didn't notice. A bunch of the games I played as a kid probably had horrible framerates.

thats something ive been revisiting recently and i can assuredly say that for me this was definitely correct, some of the games i played as a kid had the framerate of a childrens pop up book but back then i didn;t notice one bit

Posted by UrmanioGeek

Well that's it, something is really bad at SEGA's HQ because this and the disaster that turned out to be the new ACM ...

Poor SEGA it was a lot better working with HVS than Gearbox ...

Posted by Haziqonfire

Okay, well now I know I'll just get it on the Wii U.

Dat frame rate...

• 94 results