88 Comments
  • 88 results
Posted by KlUMZeE

Awesome, can't wait to see who else is in the game

Posted by Sooty

Shame this game is falling down the trap of MK9 - wonky ass animations.

Posted by Bourbon_Warrior

Aquaman is a bitch

Edited by 2HeadedNinja

I wish they would port one of their games over to the PC :/ ... From what I know the PC version of StreetFighter 4 did resonably well, but I would like this or MortalKombat so much better.

Posted by d715

@sackmanjones:

Aquaman was always awesome, the super-friends one is just the odd man out

Posted by mewarmo990

The games has no Fatalities, but you can still humiliate your friends by beating them with Aquaman.

Posted by GasparNolasco

The games has no Fatalities, but you can still humiliate your friends by beating them with Aquaman.

Posted by SnakeEyes327

@sackmanjones:

Go read the Geoff Johns run of Aquaman in New 52.

Posted by thetrin

@elvishpresley said:

Everything about that was totally rad except for Aquaman's missing beard.

Aquaman hasn't had a beard in the comics for a long time. I think current Aquaman is way better.

Posted by chilipeppersman

damn i need to pick up that copy of mortal kombat soon...........

Edited by development

@nowsaypillow said:

Love DC. Love their characters. But these costumes look horrible. It's basically DC viewed through the lens of the Mortal Kombat character designer and they look ridiculous... Even more so that usual.

I've never read a comic book in my life, I think, and these characters look alright to me. Maybe they're trying to lure people in who otherwise want nothing to do with comics, like myself. I can easily see why comic fans would dislike this art style, though. And I still maintain that the name for this game is simply terrible.

But, hell, they make Aquaman seem cool. That's not easy.

Posted by NowSayPillow

Love DC. Love their characters. But these costumes look horrible. It's basically DC viewed through the lens of the Mortal Kombat character designer and they look ridiculous... Even more so that usual.

Posted by Abendlaender

wait, did they announce Shazzam as a character? cause that was him.

Wait, Shaquille O'Neal is in the game?

Posted by Meowshi

Aquaman looks awesome.... Who knew that could be possible?

People who read comics.

Edited by courage_wolf

Goddamn, this game looks stupid. I want to play it now!

Posted by face15

The Flash looks like Iron Man.

Posted by crithon

really was hoping for the 90s beard and the Hook arm, and also no John Dimaggio , but I'm not completely shutting this down, still has awesome "KING OF THE OCEAN SEA CREATURES HIDDEN IN THE ABYSS OF THE OCEAN FLOOR!"

Posted by RyenDeckard

Holy shit Aquaman looks awesome.

Posted by CaptRocketblaze

That's the first time I've come across a version of Aquaman who looked & sounded like he could actually kick somebody's ass.

Posted by Hashbrowns

@altairre said:

@arcadiaexeter said:

They showed him in one of the battle arena previews but he didn't get a proper announcement trailer which is kinda weird.

You mean Captain Marvel? Can't believe people are still making that mistake. Its like Frankenstein's Monster.

It used to be, but since the New 52 relaunch, he's officially called Shazam now. That's due to a complication with Marvel's trademark on the Captain Marvel name, and it's probably better just to eliminate confusion between the brands. Just my opinion, but I think Shazam is a way catchier name for him.

Posted by Suits

@avantegardener:

True, in fact we have been replacing it with land for the last few hundred years in the Netherlands

Posted by Spoonman671

He fed Flash to a shark.

Posted by JustinAquarius

sharks are just 2 spooky

Posted by Kaddion

So is that a Sinestro Corps skin for Hal Jordan at ~20 seconds in or just some random member?

Posted by big_jon

Voice acting? What's that?

Posted by crusader8463

@hef said:

I was just going to say that. I love that someone got the fish guy to do the Ackbar it's a trap line.

Posted by Vigil80

Looks pretty neat. As noted in other comments, I guess I need to read more about Aquaman.

Posted by MysteriousBob

@altairre said:

@arcadiaexeter said:

They showed him in one of the battle arena previews but he didn't get a proper announcement trailer which is kinda weird.

You mean Captain Marvel? Can't believe people are still making that mistake. Its like Frankenstein's Monster.

Posted by altairre

Posted by L44

You goddamn sold me, shit.

Posted by Karass

Okay, "But even I have my limits," is not the kind of phrase you expect to see coming out of Aquaman's mouth, unless that's totally deadpan self deprecating humor?

Posted by avantegardener

Chill Aquaman, no one wants the sea.

Edited by 5eNintendan

So I don't follow this game at all, but was that Captain Marvel?

Posted by Grimluck343

I'm really looking forward to this. But fuck aquaman.

Edited by DriftSPace

@huser:

Sure why not, dude is a founding member of the JLA. He's King Arthur basically, has a superpowered technomagical army derived from the 1500 states of Atlantis, Cthulhu horrors, and Kaiju at his beck and call.Unless of course we are referencing the pernicious cultural effect of a crappy 70's Saturday morning cartoon.

Edited for language.

Thanks for letting me know; I'll be the first to admit that I know next-to-nothing about Aquaman, and that 70's cartoon certainly made a negative impression. I should know better though; Saturday morning cartoons frequently dumb-down and ruin good characters from other sources. I'm sure someone has done his character well, but I haven't had the privilege of experiencing that.

Posted by QuaglarTheIV

OUTRAGEOUS!

Posted by StevetheRadroach

Aquaman's getting some love, nice. One of my favorite super heroes.

Also, the voice actor is Phil Lamarr, he plays Aquaman in Young Justice also.

Edited by myslead

they're taking a page right off the Namor book for their Aquaman that's for sure.

Edited by huser

@talis12 said:

is it possible..... for someone to make................ Aquaman cool?

Been that way in the comics for most of his history (every character has a couple dark times). Most recently under Geoff Johns he's been pretty damn awesome.

Posted by huser

@jonny_anonymous: I blame DC for wanting to get in on the joke and letting a founding member of their premier team become a joke in the wider pop culture world.

Posted by AngelN7

Meh lame as always how about a skin from the Beard-ass Aquaman from the JLU cartoon

Posted by huser

@omdata said:

I grew up reading Peter David's Aquaman, so I don't really understand people's hatred of/hilarity at Aquaman.

I mean, I understand where it comes from. But I certainly don't feel it.

Cultural osmosis and wanting to hate/like the same thing everyone else does. Comics wouldn't be dying if the number of people that "know" all Aquaman can do is talk to fish actually read any comics. Who would have thought introducing kids to 70's cartoon characters would have such a devastating effect on a comic character.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

It's quite funny how little pepole know about Aquaman

Edited by huser

@driftspace said:

Did I get it?!

(Nope... what a gyp.)

Anyway ... has anyone ever been excited to see the addition of Aquaman in anything ever?

Sure why not, dude is a founding member of the JLA. He's King Arthur basically, has a superpowered technomagical army derived from the 1500 states of Atlantis, Cthulhu horrors, and Kaiju at his beck and call. Unless of course we are referencing the pernicious cultural effect of a crappy 70's Saturday morning cartoon.

Edited for language.

Posted by AquamanShrine

Posted by Epidehl

@omdata: I'm basically in the same boat, except it's from growing up with the DCAU, which is why I've basically always loved everything DC.

@fifichiapet: He's part of the "Vote to Win" character tournament thing they're doing and as such is confirmed to be playable. At the end of the week there should be gameplay footage of him versus the Flash.

Posted by FifiChiaPet

@arcadiaexeter:

@kratch said:

@arcadiaexeter said:

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

Not officially announced as far as I know--though he has previously appeared in trailers. So he will be part of the story, at least.

Posted by Branthog

I've never given much of a fuck about comic books. I don't know how other kids grew up with them, but I didn't have the $200 or whatever per year to buy every issue of four or five comic book series and, now that I'm an adult, I'm not about to jump into the 1,247th issue of Random Super Hero.

So . . . these "super heroes fight each other" games just have zero appeal to me. . . . but if they had characters from other comics? I think that would start to be pretty awesome. Imagine if you could pit Rick from The Walking Dead against the guy from Road to Perdition? What if you could play as 355 from Y: The Last Man? Or Boris the Bear? Or Atomic Robo (or Boilerplate)?

Now that would be a day-one buy, for me :D

Edited by Talis12

is it possible..... for someone to make................ Aquaman cool?

Posted by Hef

• 88 results