230 Comments
Edited by Artso

@patrickklepek: Thanks for doing this and I hope you feel better! It's always interesting to hear your opinion even if I don't always agree with it.

Edited by Czarpyotr

He's totally on some drugs! These QandA's including Jar time would be awesome if everyone was messed up haha.

Posted by onyxghost

Keep your head up, Patrick.

Posted by MrViral

Get well soon, Scoops!

Posted by MistaSparkle

Hell yeah, Patrick! I am totally with you on Fract, and thanks for reminding me about it. I haven't checked in on it for a while.

Edited by Curufinwe

DMC 3 has a better story, and much better characters than DmC. Especially Vergil. Patrick assumes it didn't without ever playing it.

DMC 1 and 4 aren't anything great in terms of story, but at least they aren't full of the needlessly profane dialogue Ninja Theory thought would be edgy and cool for DmC.

Posted by shodan2020

I hope your surgery went well, Scoops. :)

Posted by heatDrive88

DMC 3 has a better story, and much better characters than DmC. Especially Vergil. Patrick assumes it didn't without ever playing it.

DMC 1 and 4 aren't anything great in terms of story, but at least they aren't full of the needlessly profane dialogue Ninja Theory thought would be edgy and cool for DmC.

That's like, just your opinion, maaaaaaaaan.

Edited by Curufinwe

@heatdrive88: Well it's a fact Patrick has never played any of the original games. If someone has played all the games and still prefers this approach to storytelling, they're welcome to their terrible opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQFpwZwk-w

Posted by Kinapuff

Get well soon bro.

Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum

You should do this kinda thing more often, Patrick. This kind of format allows you to elaborate on points you can't really get across on the Bombcast or a live show because their intent isn't for factual in depth discussions about why you like or dislike something, it's mostly for entertainment, and I feel like even though I disagree with a a fair few of your points on certain topics (even then, I'm never vocal or outraged by you having an opinion on something) this kind of format really helps me understand where you're coming from. Basically, we don't get enough of you alone for us to 100% get who you are when it comes to games, and there should be more of you in this kind of context.

And get better soon! Breaking bones sounds like it sucks!

Edited by Fistfulofmetal

@patrickklepek:

I still don't fully understand what you wanted "hardcore" DMC fans to do in regard to DmC. Give it a chance? I'm willing to bet the majority of people who bought and played it are the hardcore fans (considering the mediocre sales). We did give a chance and the game simply was not as good as the previous games. Not only from a story perspective, but also a gameplay perspective. I would rather there not be a DMC game than something like this because it's not that great of a DMC game. And I truly never understood why there would never be another DMC game like the previous games. The notion that DMC was a tired franchise is weird to me. There's only been 1 DMC game this generation and it's one of the better selling of the series. So how was it tired? Seems it was still fairly popular. So why exactly did Capcom feel the need to reboot a beloved franchise at the end of a console cycle? Seems the worst time to do such a thing.

Posted by Milkman

The dialog isn't "needlessly profane" and no one thinks it's edgy or cool. It's a silly game but it's endearing. No one is saying the story is high art but it's fun enough. And it's definitely better written and voice acted than any of the other DMCs, whether you like the content or not.

Edited by envane

who knew oxycodone had such a rejuvinating effect

Edited by Superbagman

@patrickklepek: Is that Six-Shooter from Puppet Master behind you? Puppet Master is one of my favorite B-movies. Rad.

Posted by jdownes

Sweet Six-Shooter doll, Patrick. I am jelly.

Posted by TheManWithNoPlan

I'm personally happy that Spookin with Scoops was acknowledged. I've been wanting to know the status on it for a while now. At least I know it's still alive in some capacity. I can't wait for it to come back as I am wholly interested in horror games, but usually don't have the nerve to play them. Get well Patrick.

Edited by Fistfulofmetal

@milkman said:

And it's definitely better written and voice acted than any of the other DMCs, whether you like the content or not.

Well I disagree with that. The dialog in DmC is pretty drab and boring. Very rarely does anybody say anything interesting. Dante's voice actor sounds bored the entire time.

Whereas in DMC3, it at least sounds like the actors are into their roles. And the things they say are always interesting.

Posted by Supergooder

Patrick is back. Happy man.

Posted by Soniking

This sticky button is awesome.

Posted by sephirm87

@wampa1 said:

Did Patrick somehow get YOUNGER? What is going on...

I should break my collarbone too.

Posted by Curufinwe

@milkman: Yes it is, and

@milkman said:

@curufinwe said:

The dialog isn't "needlessly profane" and no one thinks it's edgy or cool. It's a silly game but it's endearing. No one is saying the story is high art but it's fun enough. And it's definitely better written and voice acted than any of the other DMCs, whether you like the content or not.

Constant, poorly delivered swearing may be endearing to you, but some of us have moved on from that mindset. The writing is poor by any standard, with characters making sudden twists without proper justification. You'd think that Ninja Theory would have been able to come up with better motivations after they saved time by stealing a lot of the plot from They Live.

Posted by Snail

Thanks for answering my question Patrick. Get well soon.

Edited by ajamafalous

Everyone on the staff should do webcam things from home. It's really a great way to better reinforce the separate personalities of each staff member.

Posted by cmpLtNOOb

I think Pixel got into the painkillers.

Although that's pretty much how my dog is all the time...

Posted by MEATBALL

Get well soon, Patrick!

Posted by flakmunkey

I watched 7 minutes of this on my way home, got home and loaded it up and it immediately picked up where I left off on my phone!

dude I did the same thing, friggin awesome. I love the new site.

Posted by LikeaSsur

@milkman said:

And it's definitely better written and voice acted than any of the other DMCs, whether you like the content or not.

Firstly, your opinion is not fact.

Second, no Devil May Cry game is written well, DmC is no exception. The one liners are definitely a "quantity over quality" type.

Third, the voice acting award, I think, goes to DMC3 and DMC4 Dante. He's way into his role, and DmC Dante has a similar tone throughout most of the game.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. You're free to dispute, but try to refrain from your "whether you like it or not I'm-right-you're-wrong" attitude.

Edited by Trilogy

If this is me on drugs (which I wasn't), I must be CRAZY on drugs.

Sounds like somebody all hopped up on goofballs would say.

Just say no, Tricky.

Posted by NoobSauceG7

Hope you get better soon Patrick, it hasn't been the same without you!

Posted by Luck702

If you like super rewarding combat, Patrick, Dark Souls is as good as you can get. Get on it.

Posted by Zoeytrope

Scoops!

Posted by Captain_Felafel

Going from Fire Emblem: Awakening to Valkyria Chronicles is a really smart, and natural progression. If you've found the character systems in Fire Emblem interesting, then you'll really appreciate those systems in Valkyria Chronicles.

Posted by GrantHeaslip

@librorumprohibitorum said:

You should do this kinda thing more often, Patrick. This kind of format allows you to elaborate on points you can't really get across on the Bombcast or a live show because their intent isn't for factual in depth discussions about why you like or dislike something, it's mostly for entertainment, and I feel like even though I disagree with a a fair few of your points on certain topics (even then, I'm never vocal or outraged by you having an opinion on something) this kind of format really helps me understand where you're coming from.

Agreed.

And get well soon Patrick!

Posted by Rox360

Fun video! Always appreciate insights like this. Get well, Patrick!

Posted by fitzcarraldo

He looks completely fine, I wonder if he was still in pain? It seemed like breaking your collarbone would hurt a lot. In any case, get better soon!

I'm sure he was still in pain, I broke my collarbone a few years ago and it is THE WORST. Took almost a year to heal up completely. I just hope Patrick didn't let Vinny operate on him after he graduated from Surgery Simulator school '13. Feel better dude!

By the way, I just read your name is probablytuna, and that is hilarious.

Posted by Chop

Sweet treat. I was worried we wouldn't get any Patrick content for a while. You're awesome, Scoops.

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

The thing about the reasoned DMC fans that's still not seen is, to them, DMC was dead either way. Getting drowned out by the GYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH crowd's personal attacks didn't help, apparently...

Still, they apparently voted with their wallets, and the vote was resounding, I guess.

Edited by Vortextk

Ended up getting a haircut way shorter that I'd anticipated...

I don't envy that hair. Or maybe I do since we're the same age and most of mine has been gone for like 5 years. Ugh.

Surgery scares me but I guess everything is good since this was made days ago?

Posted by GateKeeper

Patrick is high as fuck on prescription narcotics in this video.

That is all.

Posted by Robotspeaks

The man already has a metal plate in him, it's obvious he's become a blood thirsty cyborg, can we really trust him anymore?

Posted by ArchTeckGuru8

Have to admit, i turned this on only to see how high Patrick is.

Dog was a pleasant surprise though :D

Posted by MichaelBach

Get well soon Patrick! I hope this feature will be happening regularly.

Edited by McGhee

@nekuctr said:

Why is Brad the only one that doesn't do features from home? I'd love to see him do some Bombasticas or tech speculation, or something. Anything.

Ryan and Vinny have done shit from home?

Posted by MrSlapHappy

Good to see Patrick is doing well. I suspect he is heavily medicated, so all the better!

Posted by zoozilla

Someone needs to take Patrick saying "I bet that'd be pretty awesome too, bro" and insert it into various situations.

Posted by Enns

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Valkyria Chronicles are both amazing games. I'd like to see Patrick's thoughts on VC since it has pretty unique gameplay.