322 Comments
Posted by kkotd

I was bummed, I really wanted atleast one error 37 or 'whooops, the fuse was too short' joke in the 404 or 500 pages... Next time... Next time...

Posted by Big_Mex

You guys shouldn't ever have to apologize. The amount of hard work you put into this site shows and it is the reason you stand tall above the rest of game journalism sites. Honest opinions and real talk go a long way. Thank you for shining a little light into peoples day and respecting your viewers, it goes a long way!

Posted by confideration

Site works great. Thanks for all the hard work!

Posted by cameronleeball

Yeah, serious kudos to you duders. I was plagued by login issues Saturday night, but I was actually kinda hoping it would happen to me, just so I could say I was "caught up in the crossfire."

I tried to get a laugh out of it, but I think it back fired and Danny Chi might think I'm a lunatic... or just an asshole.

The new site is awesome and I hope you guys are proud of the work you've done on it. Hiccup or not, this was a hell of an accomplishment, and you have the community's thanks and admiration.

cameronleeball

Posted by HellknightLeon

You guys rock! Keep up the good work and its awesome that you said sorry but I think most of us just don't need you to. GB for life! (I didn't get paid to type this)

Posted by PimblyCharles

How about the Giant Bomb app? It hasn't worked right for video's in years and now is totally non-functional! Please help!

I'm having similar issues on WP8. Some feedback from the designers would be great as to why videos don't work.

Posted by turboskerv

How about the Giant Bomb app? It hasn't worked right for video's in years and now is totally non-functional! Please help!

Edited by thehideousshrew

I really don't feel this apology is necessary but thanks for the free two weeks. To be honest I've enjoyed being part of the whole thing, breakdowns and all. It's nice to see it all taking shape.

Edited by WickedCobra03

I would like to see more flight club, random pc game or whatever. But what about me basically going to Youtube for the past 6 months because of terribly slow speeds of trying to either download, stream of buffer video content? I am kind of more concerned about that.

Posted by Example1013

I pay monthly, can I just get a t-shirt instead?

Edited by Glottery

Didn't even notice that many problems myself, so this is totally appreciated! Keep up the good work.

Posted by EgoCheck616
@sternone said:

Totally unnecessary. Not unwelcome. Keep up the great work.

Posted by JamesJeux007

I don't really care for the extra 2 weeks, I will still get my annual premium membership anyway. Also, the new launch wasn't bad at all. It could have been much worse, and I mean, you have the community with you, so you're allowed a few mistakes here and there anyway :')

And if there's an issue, I never worry because I know... TOP MEN ! THE CASE ! THEY ARE ON IT !

Posted by keoskey

Need to fix the massages i have no Pm yet in right corner of page it says i have 8 PM's

Edited by footdive

Thanks Dave!

Edited by Brackynews

Posted by Rudy

Many of us including myself understand this is no easy task, Dave (and team). Stay on it, and in a very short time we're all going to enjoy a fantastic creation and web site.

Posted by shadykx125

Id gladly pay for that 2 weeks to get all the engineers a vacation! Keep up the great work gents.

Posted by CaptRocketblaze

The secret is safe with me. Good on ya, Dave.

Posted by Scratch

This is so unexpectedly awesome. I too would love to see the return of Random PC Game and Flight Club.

Posted by Foxillusion

I think anyone that subscribes to a website without expecting a certain amount of downtime for maintenance and resolving problems like this is totally fooling themselves,

I don't think this is necessary but it's really appreciated guys, thank you.

Buildin' a sentry.

Edited by Legion_

This is what makes Giant Bomb one of the best sites on the Internet.

The best.

Posted by williamflipper

Super Cool, thanks

Posted by developerjoe

I don't even care if there were/are issues. I know you guys care about your site and the community and are doing the best you can. I gladly shell out my cash to support this even when I can't access it (which I can now because you are excellent.)

Posted by Blu3V3nom07

I didn't pay! ~ I'm on the save all money plan. Mm..

Edited by Gunslinger0130

@sternone said:

Totally unnecessary. Not unwelcome. Keep up the great work.

Edited by Kingpk

Personally, I'd like to see the Flight Club get back together.....

Edited by TinyGrasshopper

Hey I tried writing a website in Symfony too. I completely understand. Take as long as you need

Edited by Dagbiker

This is why GiantBomb is so amazing, because you guys care and appreciate your fans. Thanks Dave for all of your hard work. Keep up the great work GiantBomb.

+1.

Posted by TwistedHicov

This is why GiantBomb is so amazing, because you guys care and appreciate your fans. Thanks Dave for all of your hard work. Keep up the great work GiantBomb.

Posted by FirstBossCutman

Giant Bomb might just be my favorite internet thing.

Posted by soupbones

It was a shit show of a launch, but totally worth it. Site looks amazing - really great job.

Edited by herdi3
Posted by Heimdal

Not even necessary, but much appreciated. You guys rock.

And the new site is great.

Edited by SPCTRE

Yes.

Posted by DC

You're too kind!

Posted by graboids

Awesome new site AND 2 extra weeks? Excellent.

Posted by rand0mZer00

Thanks Dave!

Posted by Reisz

You're all class Dave. Thanks and thanks.

Posted by mrsmiley

A true gentleman. Big props to Dave and the rest of the team! When the site is up, it's awesome! :P

Edited by MachoFantastico

Surprised! Have to say I noticed little disruption to my usual Giantbomb viewing (which is daily, and a lot). However I'm grateful for the kind gift Dave. Loving the new site.

Posted by Vigorousjammer

OH SHIT! DAVE'S A REPLICANT!

Posted by PimblyCharles

Is anyone that's using a Windows Phone (WP8 in my case) having issues getting videos to play on the new site? I can't get them to play at all.

Also, thanks for the extra 2 weeks!

Posted by MrNood1e

Totally not necessary, but thank you. The new site is fantastic. Keep up the good work, guys!

Posted by shodan2020

I appreciate the extension. Thanks guys, your hard work is noted and I love the new layout and look of the site! I can't wait until we get Blade Runner taken care of too! :)

Posted by Archr5

Adding my voice to the choir.

New site is awesome, well worth the downtime.

Posted by FancyMonkey

You didn't have to do that, but it's appreciated!
So thanks and keep up the good work!

Posted by Hef

Is anyone still experiencing inbox problems? When they new site launched I all of a sudden had 17 unread messages and whenever I try to go to my inbox I just get a white screen.

Posted by chrispti

No complaints! You guys are awesome!

Edited by sambean

This is so kind! Thank you all for your hard work. The new site looks great.