322 Comments
Posted by myketuna

I think the launch is going pretty damn well considering what you guys had to do. An extra two weeks aren't necessary. Just keep doing what you do.

Edited by StealthRaptor

Huh I really didn't think it was a big deal. Thanks though!

Posted by BawlZINmotion

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the relaunch has actually been quite smooth. Especially when compared to other development projects.

Posted by BenL

I've honestly never had a better customer service experience than what I have had with this site. You all truly respect your customers and it's refreshing. Thank you for all your hard work and for treating us with respect. Keep up the awesome work duders.

Posted by Wraxend

Dave loving the new site!

Posted by HeartbreakRidge

Seeing as how I'm kinda automatic about renewing when the BIG LIVE LIVE LIVE show comes around, the gesture is unnecessary, but welcome!

Posted by Electric_Zen

We love you, Dave. I can't wait to see the video postmortem. I find that stuff fascinating.

Edited by Castiel

Thanks Dave!

If that's not good customer service then I don't know what is.

Posted by shrinerr

How about you just scrap this whole thing and put the old site back up?

*runs & hides*

Posted by MrViral

New site's awesome, hiccups and all. You guys deserve a break.

Posted by RobertOrri

Well, that wasn't much fun. We'll likely do a nice video post-mortem in a couple weeks

Please do! I'm quite interested in knowing how things happened behind the scenes.

Edited by chocolaterhinovampire

Not necessary for my continued support but thanks anyway. GB FUCKING ROCKS

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

I look at it this way: without the beta, this relaunch would've either been another six months off or would've been an even bigger headache. As it stands, most of the problems I've run in to are minor inconvenience stuff.

As always, you guys are a class act.

Posted by Morbid_Coffee

Best website? Yes.

Posted by TrueAsh

"I'm looking forward to putting this mess behind us so we can finish off Blade Runner together."

Hells yes!

Posted by Hawkerace

Get me a hard copy of that.

Posted by gla55jAw
@sternone said:

Totally unnecessary. Not unwelcome. Keep up the great work.

I was just going to say the same. Thanks Dave, Alexis and all the duders on the team!

Posted by ZagZagovich

Hey, that's nice! It wasn't even all that bothersome, you guys did a good job on keeping the site running. besides the first day and a few later moments it worked fine. Can't wait for Blade Runner and any upcoming random PC games.

Edited by PolygonSlayer

New site is awesome! Don't worry, it's been a bit rocky, but nothing too crazy either and totally understandable :)

Posted by relyt55

Only site I'm a member of and reasons like this is why. Giant Bomb is a site that truly cares and respects the community. You are all great! Thank you for all the great content over the years, gentlemen. I've been with you guys since the gamespot days when I was 10. It's been a great ride and the future looks even better.

Edited by Trilogy

You guys are the best. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posted by Sooty

Is YouTube going back to free or staying premium membership only?

Posted by RoboRobb

Thanks Dave, love your work!

Posted by bassman2112

You guys are great. Thank you, Dave, you really didn't have to do that. I can only speak for myself, but it was a bump you guys had to go through, and I have no problem supporting you guys through any situation - even if that involves downtime.

New site is great <3

Posted by SternOne

Totally unnecessary. Not unwelcome. Keep up the great work.

Edited by Romsus

~CBS Cares~

Posted by GERALTITUDE
@mister_v said:

That's an awesome gesture Dave. Personally i don't think it's been that bad, but this sort of thing is what makes you guys the best.

QFT

Edited by poisonmonkey

God I fucking love this site, in all honesty I was expecting it to be even more funky at launch, great job engineering team, you all rock and the extra two weeks on membership is a brilliant and unexpected surprise.

Posted by _Horde

Class act!

Posted by Bishna

Thanks Dave, didn't really need this, but cool.

Also an added question, do Wiki entries automatically have blank space removed from them? I edited some formatting recently to make a page look pretty, but when the submission went live, it looked worse than before.

Posted by skrutop

Good on ya, GB!

Edited by skrutop

Good on ya, GB!

Posted by Unequivocable

I thought one of the main things I was paying for was to watch you guys scramble...

Thanks a bunch for the great support and work you've put in on this! You can't always control what happens, but sure can control how you react to it and so far it's been a class act the whole way!

Posted by Phatmac

Thanks Dave and the rest of the engineering team. Can't wait for more Bladerunner.

Posted by TechDJ

The redesigned website is awesome. Even with the turbulence the launch had encountered it still didn't bother me. Building from scratch is no easy task. Dave, Alex and the rest of the web devs, I give you a standing ovation for the work you guys put into building this site. Giantbomb is always the first website that I visit each day for articles and video content. Cannot wait for the next episode in Blade Runner. Keep up the good work!

Posted by Kevin_Cogneto

I was one of the folks having login issues, so big thanks to @snide and the rest of the crew for busting their asses to get this stuff fixed. You can tell me the truth Dave, it was my underscore the site didn't like, isn't it? *sniff* Well I can't help that!

Edited by notdavid

Righteous. You guys totally didn't need to do that.

Edited by hussatron

An extra two weeks is great, but knowing you're returning to Blade Runner is even better news!

Posted by ReCkLeSs_X

I just wanted to thank you, Dave, and the rest on the staff for reacting to this both casually and professionally!

Posted by Sgtpierceface

I absolutely cannot wait until Bladerunner part 3. You better do it soon Dave!

Posted by extragingerbrew

You sir are a class act. Proud to be a paid subscriber. Love Giant Bomb!

Posted by big_jon

Dave, sites up.

Edited by Monkeyman04

Aw shucks! You shouldn't have.

Posted by JoeyRavn

Cool. I will have to resub during April, but now instead of doing it on the 5th, I'll do it two weeks later :D

Posted by mpgeist

Top Men.

Posted by Noogy

Rock on Giant Bomb, thanks for the update! A few moments of downtime are totally acceptable considering the revamp.

Posted by NoobSauceG7

That's pretty cool! Thanks Dave!

Posted by TheVideoHustler

You guys totally didn't have to do that. But I really appreciate that you did <333333

Posted by porr

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT DEAD!

Posted by MeatSim

Can't wait for some more Blade Runner once the site's been fixed.