322 Comments
Posted by Sooty

Is YouTube going back to free or staying premium membership only?

Edited by Trilogy

You guys are the best. Thanks for all the hard work.

Posted by relyt55

Only site I'm a member of and reasons like this is why. Giant Bomb is a site that truly cares and respects the community. You are all great! Thank you for all the great content over the years, gentlemen. I've been with you guys since the gamespot days when I was 10. It's been a great ride and the future looks even better.

Edited by PolygonSlayer

New site is awesome! Don't worry, it's been a bit rocky, but nothing too crazy either and totally understandable :)

Posted by ZagZagovich

Hey, that's nice! It wasn't even all that bothersome, you guys did a good job on keeping the site running. besides the first day and a few later moments it worked fine. Can't wait for Blade Runner and any upcoming random PC games.

Posted by gla55jAw
@sternone said:

Totally unnecessary. Not unwelcome. Keep up the great work.

I was just going to say the same. Thanks Dave, Alexis and all the duders on the team!

Posted by Hawkerace

Get me a hard copy of that.

Posted by TrueAsh

"I'm looking forward to putting this mess behind us so we can finish off Blade Runner together."

Hells yes!

Posted by Morbid_Coffee

Best website? Yes.

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

I look at it this way: without the beta, this relaunch would've either been another six months off or would've been an even bigger headache. As it stands, most of the problems I've run in to are minor inconvenience stuff.

As always, you guys are a class act.

Edited by chocolaterhinovampire

Not necessary for my continued support but thanks anyway. GB FUCKING ROCKS

Posted by RobertOrri

Well, that wasn't much fun. We'll likely do a nice video post-mortem in a couple weeks

Please do! I'm quite interested in knowing how things happened behind the scenes.

Posted by MrViral

New site's awesome, hiccups and all. You guys deserve a break.

Posted by shrinerr

How about you just scrap this whole thing and put the old site back up?

*runs & hides*

Edited by Castiel

Thanks Dave!

If that's not good customer service then I don't know what is.

Posted by Electric_Zen

We love you, Dave. I can't wait to see the video postmortem. I find that stuff fascinating.

Posted by HeartbreakRidge

Seeing as how I'm kinda automatic about renewing when the BIG LIVE LIVE LIVE show comes around, the gesture is unnecessary, but welcome!

Posted by Wraxend

Dave loving the new site!

Posted by BenL

I've honestly never had a better customer service experience than what I have had with this site. You all truly respect your customers and it's refreshing. Thank you for all your hard work and for treating us with respect. Keep up the awesome work duders.

Posted by BawlZINmotion

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the relaunch has actually been quite smooth. Especially when compared to other development projects.

Edited by StealthRaptor

Huh I really didn't think it was a big deal. Thanks though!

Posted by myketuna

I think the launch is going pretty damn well considering what you guys had to do. An extra two weeks aren't necessary. Just keep doing what you do.

Posted by uhohlovehascometotown

thank you, dave. You guys are really one of a kind and i'm glad that i have you guys. As long as i'm employed, i'll always be a premium member.

Posted by baldgye

The site relaunch has been nothing short of amazing, given how big the site is and how much content you have to deal with it's probally the best relaunch of a site I've ever come across.

So, I feel kinda bad for having the extra two weeks subscription... but thanks to all the guys for making it so painless and still being able to get live content out anyway!

Posted by Asator

Thanks for all your hard work guys! I love the new site.

Edited by Sil3n7

Edited by vinster345

<p>It's what you should do which makes its great that you're actually doing it. Good luck working through the bugs!</p>

Posted by MAJID

I love you Dave. A true gent.

Posted by thekitkatshuffler

This'll be a nice gesture to help make up for the incredibly dodgy video streaming system for the last 6 months and the Christmas sale that anyone who joined a few weeks before missed out on.

THANKS!!

Posted by peritus

That's an awesome thing to do!

Edited by GarryDH

I don't post often but just had to say thanks for all you guys' hard work. I didn't feel like any compensation was necessary (I've seen smaller projects go a lot worse!) but the extension is definitely much appreciated.

Posted by NoelVeiga

Oh, wow. I... actually wasn't even close to being on a "want my money back" mood about the transition. Half a day offline and some 500 errors are kinda par for the course on things like these.

Not that I won't gladly take two weeks of membership for free, though :)

Posted by Schnoggi

The new site is looking great, and as always the content is superb.

One of the main reason this site has become my primary source for entertainment and news related to games.

Keep up the excellent work

Posted by Irishranger

Ok, but I really didn't feel all that put out. Even the roughest times seemed like they didn't last that long. Of course, I was working, spending time with my gf, and generally living life. But, hey, whatever, duders. Keep up the good work!!

Edited by Gamer_152

Good stuff, thanks guys.

Posted by Abendlaender

Seriously Dave, don't worry too much about it. It's super hard to get a site running and you and your team are doing a great job.

Posted by mikey87144

Wasn't that bad of a launch. You guys were pretty good considering everything. Thanks for the gesture though.

Edited by TadThuggish

Not a big problem for me, but thanks, duder.

Posted by ShadowKnight508

Cheers for all of the hard work that you guys are putting into this wonderful community!

Posted by sloppydisk

That is really nice of you guys! thank you for this unnecessary kindness! Also the site looks great.

Posted by StrikeALight

No Problemo, Dave!

Posted by BBQBram

I've seen sea serpents you people wouldn't believe. APIs on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've seen comments glitter in the dark near the podcast page. All these...moments...will be lost, like, data in beta. Time - to refresh.

Posted by planetfunksquad

<>

Posted by Branthog

Hey, @snide -- you guys hardly need to do that, as far as I'm concerned. The transition has included some flaws (lots of 404s and 503s still, weird stuff like PMs all being centered, instead of left-justified, etc) -- but that's to be expected.

If you guys have anyone you can think of that especially deserves an annual gift subscription, I'd be glad to send one their way on behalf of you duders.

Despite all my bitching, you guys do a commendable job and continue to really out-due everything else that's out there.

Posted by ectoplasma

I use the site everyday and I was hardly bothered by the transition issues.

Posted by marbleCmoney

Keep up the good work, engineers! The new site is looking awesome.

Posted by MacGoesZoom

Sweet. Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

Posted by andrewf87462

I'm really liking the site Dave, keep up the good work. I'm sure the community will give you all the time you need to get the bugs ironed out.

Posted by andrewf87462

I'm really liking the site Dave, keep up the good work. I'm sure the community will give you all the time you need to get the bugs ironed out.

Posted by pickassoreborn

Nice surprise - I didn't feel that impacted by what happened, but appreciate it all the same. The new site looks beautiful - Dave, Alexis and all involved have produced a very impressive site design which feels fresh yet still familiar. Lovely stuff.