322 Comments
Posted by TooWalrus

Oh hey, right on!

Edited by FCDRandy

Snides for President

Posted by paisan13

This is one part of why we love you guys. No whining needed, you just take care of business ^_^

Posted by crusader8463

Here's hoping priority number 2 is to fix the unwatchable videos. Kind of sucks when you can't watch the videos on a website that's 95% video content.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

@subyman said:

I certainly wasn't expecting this. I've had a lot of fun watching the transition. Keep up the good work Dave.

Posted by HatKing

Completely unnecessary. So, in order to make up for this I'll just add an extra two weeks to the amount of time I'll be a paid subscriber. How much for forever plus two weeks?

Posted by BatmanBatman

Thanks guys, site's looking great!

also *Unicorns*

Posted by LarryDavis

Sallright, Dave, it ain't no thang.

Edited by fanboyjustin

not necessary but thanks all the same!!!!

Posted by JukeboxJoe

I've not even had problems and I want to go down on you

Posted by synthesis_landale

@crusader8463: I have to agree to this. I don't know WHY it happens, and happened before the relaunch but on a 105Mbps connection I often get laggy or non-loading video.

I assume it's a server issue whether the backend is poorly serving the videos or it's just a lack of enough servers. It seemed to get a bit better with the new site but there hasn't been enough time to pass to make a final judgement on that. Still, I'll start watching the longer form videos and inevitably it stops playing part way through, but instead of having to keep reloading or DL the video (Which also sometimes works right sometimes doesn't) I can usually click a little ahead in the video and it buffers again, which is progress, I guess.

Not to say I don't love the site and what everyone in front of the camera and behind the scenes does, I just look forward to it being better.

Posted by Bistromath

Seems you were able to fix my Ipad login issues, and I didn't even have to write in.

Patience people.

I need some Blade Runner soon though.

Edited by Y2Ken

Thanks Dave! Honestly I think I'm in agreement with most people here saying we expected a little rough going what with the scope of the site overhaul. You guys have done a phenomenal job, and this is a generous icing on the delicious GB cake. :)

Posted by ch3burashka

Really, Dave? Making a Blade Runner joke in the midst of his trial? That's heartless.

Posted by Aelric

Well, that's cool. Now bring back some random PC games once you have time and I'll gladly marry you.

Posted by DeadPan

You are a Top Man Dave

Posted by TruthTellah

Cool! That does take the sting out a bit. I look forward to the site's continued progress. :)

Posted by Triumvir

@snide Two weeks extra time for a few days of instability and some minor bugs?

You are a prince among duders, Dave.

Posted by Sooty

What about people that used to be signed up, but canceled their memberships because of lack of content and now just watch unprofessional fridays on the twitch channel.

Screw you guys that's what! No YouTube for you!

Posted by habster3

I'm cool with this

Posted by warpedzappa

This is exactly why I subscribe in the first place. What a great bunch of duders.

Posted by D_W

Snider is credit to team!

Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake

I ain't even mad Dave, but good on you duders.

Posted by H8RAID

That's a community-first gesture you just don't see, ever. Thank you and keep up the fire, the new site looks great.

Posted by tcsajax

Honestly, I'm impressed at how well the launch went. After dealing with DOD level of shenanigans with new websites, portals, and tech you guys are a breast of fresh ass...

Posted by Ted_Mosby

Thanks duder!

Posted by DoublePlusRad

Thanks guys! I can't wait till the RSS feeds get working again. I appreciate the 2 weeks, although I never regret my subscription money.

Posted by Freelancer52

Wow, was not expecting that.The new site looks excellent.

Posted by nightbird

Thanks gang. Keep up the good work!

Posted by Bunny_Fire

i think i managed to make sure everything is up-to-date ... during a very short window of uptime :) anyway the new site looks very smooth.

Posted by fr0sterson

Awesome. Cheers guys!

Posted by indieslaw

Unnecessary, but cool.

Posted by Max_Cherry

Thanks

Posted by Slab64
Posted by Auxin

You have my unwavering support! Keep the great content coming!

Posted by BluPotato

All said and done, the transition to the new site was very smooth from our end for the most part.

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

Wow really, I mean it was a very good lunch all things considered and not too much downtime.

Posted by kenniWORLDPEACE

this is why GiantBomb is awesome, among other things.

=]

Posted by Gildermershina

Three cheers for the men behind the curtain.

Edited by MisterCrow

Not necessary at all but good on you guys for being so effing awesome. The site is incredible.

Edited by Chimp_On_Stilts

I don't give two shits that there's been problems.

Cheers guys, and double-cheers to the engineers who have been undoubtedly busting ass to get everything working.

Posted by NOT_MUCH_CHOP

Never realised how much i looked forward to watching the premium videos on my Apple TV of a night until they were gone. Can't wait til they're back.

Posted by Beomoose

Love the redesign, Dave, and it's not been all that bad for me. Thanks to you and all the Top Men for your work.

Posted by ChosenOne

I'm walking on...

Posted by Korolev

Hey that's really cool. Certainly didn't expect to be given two extra weeks. Thanks!

I don't think the site's in a bad way at all. You can tell it's new, but it certainly works.

Edited by McGhee

Finishing Blade Runner?

Posted by ShotgunLincoln

HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME FREE SUBSCRIPTION TIME. This is one of the reasons why I love this site.

On a side note, is anyone listening to the podcast through Itunes? Ever since the relaunch my Itunes has separated my old Bombcast downloads from the new one thinking it's a completely different podcast altogether. Any fixes I can do for that?

Posted by YoThatLimp

Wow really, I mean it was a very good lunch all things considered and not too much downtime.

Yeah if we compare it to the new Tested launch it was downright smooth.