322 Comments
Edited by Kohe321

Great stuff! New design is great by the way, once it's stable it'll be perfect.

Posted by GreggD

I don't care if you're a replicant, Dave. I still love ya.

Posted by TheCheese33

Aww, thanks Dave and co.! You guys are the best.

Edited by Einherjan

Thanks, Dave (and engineers).

Posted by probablytuna

You guys are great, keep up the good work!

Posted by VshineV

Hey Dave, sites up!

Edited by Nephrahim

Very nice of you guys, and I'll gladly take your free time, but was not at all nessisary, I could only not get on the site for 2 days tops. I guess the chat was kind of messed up but you've got archives for that.

Posted by Tonch

I'm not a paid member (at least not yet), but this is a very classy thing to do for those that are. Good on you guys.

And keep up the good work!

Posted by Blair

Wicked! Thanks Dave!

Posted by MarkOnFire

Minor login issues and some first day rockiness are pretty minor in light of the huge design upgrade we all got as a result. Well done. Thanks for going above and beyond.

Posted by StriderNo9

Thanks for the extra 2 weeks, not needed but its nice to have, thanks for the hard work guys.

Posted by Camsampbell

You guys are the best.

Posted by LucidDreams117

Thanks Dave! Even though I'm a little sad about the video controls, I know you guys have a lot going on and I appreciate all the work you guys put into the site. You guys are awesome. :)

Edited by paulunga

I feel like the site re-launch went about as good as could be expected from such a large project. Don't worry, Dave, (just about) everything seems to be working now and the new site's awesome. Keep up the great work!

Edited by nrl909

This is what makes Giant Bomb one of the best sites on the Internet.

That. And the new site is probably one of the first times ever for me that a relaunch provides a better website than the old one, imho

Edited by super2j

@nrl909 said:

@kommando208 said:

This is what makes Giant Bomb one of the best sites on the Internet.

That. And the new site is probably one of the first times ever for me that a relaunch provides a better website than the old one, imho

lol, I was also thinking the same thing. "This is how you handle your community, treat them properly and like Adults and you will get love and respect back".

Posted by Jedted

Nice work, Dave! I knew you'd get everything all sorted out on your end.

I think those Top Men deserve a raise.

Posted by Demoskinos

@snide Don't be so hard on yourself duder! You guys had a massive undertaking. Yes, login issues suck and aren't okay but all things considered you guys transferred a enormous database and undertook a damn near impossible task and came out the other side.

Edited by Shoey920

I didn't have that many issues from Wednesday on... but I'll take some free premium time.

You guys rule.

Posted by KYT3CH

This site is well worth the wait.

Posted by deject

Dave you're a scholar and a gentleman! Thanks to you, Alexis, and everyone else on the back end team that has been working so hard to make Giant Bomb the super awesome site that it is. You guys rock.

Posted by FissionMailed10

No probs guys! buying the year membership after this two week period, works out well, i have alot of shit to pay for this week :P

Edited by RJ

Thank you for your hard work Dave and the rest of the team, rocky start indeed but very much worth it.

Posted by hartwelr

Making me believe in the Internet!

Posted by NicksCorner

Top Men are doing an outstanding job, keep it up!

Posted by Mogoping

Oh Giantbomb.

Posted by DaMaJaDiZ

Much appreciated Dave.

Posted by arawk

Thanks for all the hard work! Sorry if some of us were less than gracious during the rebuilding and launch!

Posted by Musou

Giant Bomb makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you guys are awesome.

Posted by TobiasParker

Thanks guys.

Posted by BLKZOMBIE
Posted by MormonWarrior

Awww, see Dave, that's why everyone loves you!

Posted by The_Nubster

Anyone who's giving you a hard time for this re-launch is being silly. You and the whole team are doing an amazing job with it (and it even looks good, too!). Thanks for all of your hard work.

Posted by TheUnsavedHero

Understandable. You guys are the best when it comes to member relations.

Posted by 1p

Thanks, take all the time you need to get it right.

Posted by CrunchbiteJr

Thanks but unnecessary. It's not been that bad guys, don't beat yourself up about it.

Edited by Jimi

Didn't need to do that but I'm grateful for it.

Thanks guys :)

Posted by Stevemax

Psst, hey! Hey guys.. guys! I love you.

Posted by Cashewual

Love ya, Dave!

Posted by holybins

While the downtime was pretty substantial, the humility is appreciated, and the extension is a good idea. No doubt what you all have learned through this will help in the future.

Posted by dezm0nd

You didn't need to do this, but I appreciate it 100%! A subscription well worth ... subscribing to!

Edited by colinjw

I really like the new site. It has managed to keep the same feel as the old one but with some cool additions and twists.

Posted by Drebin_893

@jimi said:

Didn't need to do that but I'm grateful for it.

Thanks guys :)

Posted by hollitz

Posted by b4d533d

anyone who would whine about the downtime and expect time to be added to their membership needs to get outta their parent's basement and get a real fukin job. good on GB none the less.

Posted by wwfundertaker

Cheers Dave.

Posted by Fbomb

Sounds fair--It's pretty hard for subscribers to be upset when you've been so open about the whole process all the way through. We all seem to get why it's a bit temperamental right now, and moreso when you're addressing problems over the weekend.

Thanks for the hard work Dave, and the rest of the top men back there making things happen when I click my mouse.

Posted by nutone

The new site looks great and is now pretty speedy to boot! Keep up the awesome work guys!

Edited by sungahymn

Bless ya guys.