322 Comments
Posted by Toxin066

Thanks a lot Dave! Both for the extension and the hard work that's clearly been put in (and is being put in) on the new site.

Posted by Shtinky

Can't we just do away with the subscription thing, altogether?

Posted by MmmSkyscraper

Thank you based Dave and engineers.

Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Thanks for the update and the subscription extension, Dave! Loving the new site and can't wait for Roku app to be back up. Keep up the great work.

Edited by JesterPC238

The new site looks great, who wouldn't expect a few bumps on the road? Incredible job done by the engineering team, the transition was almost seamless for me. You guys rock.

Posted by CharAznable

Thanks, Dave! This wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it very much. The new site looks awesome.

Posted by Claude

I remember when I used to bitch about stuff all the time. I should find something to bitch about. How about, give me my forum stats back or some shit like that. No, that's old hat. I'll find something. One Day!

Posted by JSindri

You guys exceed my highest expectations when it comes to being a paid subscriber. Thanks for all the hard work and the site is looking awesome. Keep up the good work!

Posted by VargasPrime

But... watching you scramble is half the fun, Dave.

Seriously, thanks for the new site, thanks for the hard work from all, and thanks for the extra two weeks on my sub. Not that I would have complained anyway, but it's nice that you're offering.

And yes, please play more Blade Runner and record it, then post that recording here on your new website so that I can watch you play Blade Runner.

Posted by Oddy4000

Good on ya, guys.

Posted by omdata

@snide- your staff rulez.

(that's how you spell that right?)

Posted by dRUNKENcELTIC

Anywhere else and maybe I'd feel like complaining, but with you guys, I know it's not due to a lack of care or hard work.

Keep on, keeping on Snide, the end is almost in site...(HAHA get it?!)

Edited by Cchrist

You really don't have to duders, I haven't experienced any problems :)

Posted by Nivash

You really didn't have to do this, but it's amazing that you did it anyway! Downtime was expected, of course - I wasn't really bothered by it beyond the small thought of "oh, right - new site on the way" Love the new look, by the way.

Also seconding (or more like two-hundreding) the call for more Blade Runner.

Posted by Nardak

Wish I lived in Usa. Would have bought Dave a beer at a local pub.

Posted by AssInAss

I didn't experience any problems, but it's great you're aware of it and being so forthright about it.

@mogoping said:

Oh Giantbomb.

hehe

Posted by Xymox

I can't wait for the blades to start running again.

Posted by 12_Oz_Mouse

Thanks Dave, and love what you guys have done with the new site.

Edited by Sharpshooter

Your not a team of prognosticators, Dave. Your a team of website designers and builders and bloody good ones at that. Considering the fact that you guys rebuilt the site from the ground up, we kinda expected a few hiccups along the way. Great work Dave. You and the team deserve a rest after that.

Edited by NekuCTR

We can renew early whenever the BLLSL T-shirts come around right? Gotta get that $15 discount.

Posted by kylekrane

New site looks great. You can keep my 2 weeks though. I think by this point the whole GB team has earned 2 weeks worth of trust, maybe more. Now take some vaca time.

Edited by sambean

This is so kind! Thank you all for your hard work. The new site looks great.

Posted by chrispti

No complaints! You guys are awesome!

Posted by Hef

Is anyone still experiencing inbox problems? When they new site launched I all of a sudden had 17 unread messages and whenever I try to go to my inbox I just get a white screen.

Posted by FancyMonkey

You didn't have to do that, but it's appreciated!
So thanks and keep up the good work!

Posted by Archr5

Adding my voice to the choir.

New site is awesome, well worth the downtime.

Posted by shodan2020

I appreciate the extension. Thanks guys, your hard work is noted and I love the new layout and look of the site! I can't wait until we get Blade Runner taken care of too! :)

Posted by MrNood1e

Totally not necessary, but thank you. The new site is fantastic. Keep up the good work, guys!

Posted by PimblyCharles

Is anyone that's using a Windows Phone (WP8 in my case) having issues getting videos to play on the new site? I can't get them to play at all.

Also, thanks for the extra 2 weeks!

Posted by Vigorousjammer

OH SHIT! DAVE'S A REPLICANT!

Edited by MachoFantastico

Surprised! Have to say I noticed little disruption to my usual Giantbomb viewing (which is daily, and a lot). However I'm grateful for the kind gift Dave. Loving the new site.

Posted by mrsmiley

A true gentleman. Big props to Dave and the rest of the team! When the site is up, it's awesome! :P

Posted by Reisz

You're all class Dave. Thanks and thanks.

Posted by rand0mZer00

Thanks Dave!

Posted by graboids

Awesome new site AND 2 extra weeks? Excellent.

Posted by DC

You're too kind!

Edited by SPCTRE

Yes.

Posted by Heimdal

Not even necessary, but much appreciated. You guys rock.

And the new site is great.

Edited by herdi3
Posted by soupbones

It was a shit show of a launch, but totally worth it. Site looks amazing - really great job.

Posted by FirstBossCutman

Giant Bomb might just be my favorite internet thing.

Posted by TwistedHicov

This is why GiantBomb is so amazing, because you guys care and appreciate your fans. Thanks Dave for all of your hard work. Keep up the great work GiantBomb.

Edited by Dagbiker

This is why GiantBomb is so amazing, because you guys care and appreciate your fans. Thanks Dave for all of your hard work. Keep up the great work GiantBomb.

+1.

Edited by TinyGrasshopper

Hey I tried writing a website in Symfony too. I completely understand. Take as long as you need

Edited by Kingpk

Personally, I'd like to see the Flight Club get back together.....

Edited by Gunslinger0130

@sternone said:

Totally unnecessary. Not unwelcome. Keep up the great work.

Posted by Blu3V3nom07

I didn't pay! ~ I'm on the save all money plan. Mm..

Posted by developerjoe

I don't even care if there were/are issues. I know you guys care about your site and the community and are doing the best you can. I gladly shell out my cash to support this even when I can't access it (which I can now because you are excellent.)

Posted by williamflipper

Super Cool, thanks