Posted by eccentrix

So fast!

Edited by BigBoss1911
Posted by HippocraticOaf

Very speedy guys.

Edited by Animasta

MAXIMUM COMMENT.

Edited by Winternet

That face does indeed look freakishly good.

Edited by Giantstalker

Hot damn, that's a good looking face! Like, holy shit!

Edited by Rodent

*sniff*

I wish my PC could handle this. Oh well thank God for my PS3/360. Can't wait to check out this QL!

Posted by Sooty

I think they look better in the first game, seriously impressive for 2007 technology.

Posted by ottoman673

The first 2 minutes of this made me want Vinny to play a karaoke game/Sing on Rock Band for an Unprofessional ass Friday

Edited by Sgtpierceface

No more "first" 's guys. No quests, no reason to look like an asshole.

Posted by beeryayghost

I legitimately thought this game was coming out in Q4. I had no idea this was out already. Great marketing, guys!

Posted by MooseyMcMan

Hella.

Posted by Rirse

No Steam No Sale

Posted by louierivers

This game looks really good (I know not a terribly profound statement)

Posted by fisk0

@rirse said:

No Steam No Sale

Just wait a year for the Maximum Edition to get released there. Your computer won't handle it until then anyway.

Posted by Nikral

@rirse: The best thing about Origin is that it saves me hundreds of dollars I would normally be spending on these games! Now I can add yet another game to that list.

Edited by Bistromath

Prophet is Big Bo's grandfather.

Edited by fisk0

@sooty said:

@giantstalker said:

I think they look better in the first game, seriously impressive for 2007 technology.

Much of Crysis 1 looks better or at least more consistent than Crysis 3, like the close up detail of the vegetation, but when it comes to the faces I don't agree. That face looks fucking fantastic, and they even manage to convey some emotions (though they are kinda inconsistent about that). At the scene near the end where Prophet says to Psycho that he'll cross that field by himself, Psycho's facial animation looks amazing. Pretty much looked real to me right there.

Edited by Darkstorn

Anyone else unable to watch subscriber content on the site? I can download videos but it won't load when I try to stream them

EDIT: Got it to work this time but it still seems finicky

Edited by iizcallum

CRYSIS ALERT

Posted by onarum

new video player is working like utter crap for me... so freaking slow...

Edited by Bourbon_Warrior

Graphics in this game are pretty sweet, I think I might just wait for the eventual Xbox 3\PS4 release.

Posted by sergeantz

Year of the bow part 2

Posted by CodeFire
Edited by TruthTellah

Is something wrong?

This video disappeared from the site for a while and now that it's back, it's all stuttery. Is there something specifically wrong with this quick look video?

Posted by Phatmac

That's a great looking face.

Posted by JeanLuc

If nothing else, this game does sure look awesome.

Posted by HansKaosu

Seriously awful VO in the intro.

Edited by captainanderson

The dialogue in this game is cringe-worthy.

Edited by Branthog

It only took the game 22 minutes before it let you actually, you know, play.

Edited by Rexicon

God this game looks boring.

Posted by MEATBALL

SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M JACK TRETTON

Pretty incredible intro.

Posted by Vitor

Just so you know, the first level of the game runs like sh*t compared to the rest.

Those rain affects are really taxing. Still, the game just looks better and better as you go through it. Incredible.

Gameplay wise, the next couple of missions after the intro are fantastic but it trails off a little after that which is a shame.

Definitely a solid game, about comparable to the second if a lot shorter (6/7 hours first run through with all side missions).

Edited by NTM

Yeah, Rasch' voice has the same problem as Hargreave, I think both are voiced badly, but maybe it's intentional? Furthermore, supposedly the voice acting in this is 'terrific'. Honestly, this may sound weird, but that training itself to me looked awesome, it was like a tron meet VR mission kind of thing. In the first Crysis, you play as a character called Nomad. He dies in a comic by sacrificing himself to save Psycho and Prophet. Damn, this game looks way better than two.

Edited by doe3879

I was planning on trying it out but even the tutorial is giving me motion sickness.

Guess shooters will never be my thing

Edited by Shaanyboi

Can someone honestly tell me what the point is of Live Quick Looks where they haven't played something at all? I mean I'm just not sure what the function is. We're learning all this early game stuff same time as the Bomb crew, when ideally, it'd be them explaining stuff to us and pointing out things they've found etc.

Content is content, but this seems to kinda serve no actual purpose compared to what Quick Looks are normally for.

Edited by SlashDance

So was that cutscene pre-rendered ? The last thing I want in my more-benchmark-than-game video game are pre-rendered cutscenes. I can't imagine that wasn't real time... right ?

Edited by ThePantheon

@slashdance: Crysis 2 had low-quality almost 480p looking quality cutscenes. It was the epitome of a "consoled" PC game.

Posted by langdonx

Why was this not quick looked on an Nvidia GTX Titan??

Edited by omatictoast

Watching an FPS being played with an xbox controller seems to make me a little sea sick....

Edited by Fleck0

Man this looks cool but if they're running a GTX670 I think it'd melt my 460

Edited by eccentrix

@sgtpierceface said:

No more "first" 's guys. No quests, no reason to look like an asshole.

How about the sheer joy of it?

Edited by Canteu

@drewbert Hey Drew, you forgot the intro "Bwaaaaaaaangwoosh" noise.

Quite surprised nobody has commented on this fact yet. For shame duders, for shame.

Posted by Vitor

So was that cutscene pre-rendered ? The last thing I want in my more-benchmark-than-game video game are pre-rendered cutscenes. I can't imagine that wasn't real time... right ?

No, it was in game. Seriously impressive stuff. That cutscene fluctuated wildly for me in terms of FPS and actually ran better than the actual game did once I got into the mission proper - definitely not pre-rendered though.

@langdonx said:

Why was this not quick looked on an Nvidia GTX Titan??

Because that just got released and costs $1000 which is a little excessive and wouldn't give people a decent impression of how the game would run in the real world?

Posted by Korolev

Audio's a bit weird. Every time Vinny or Ryan or Brad speaks, there's this weird popping noise.