218 Comments
Edited by radoman

This makes me wanna upgrade my gfx card and I only upgraded last month :(

Posted by OfficeGamer

Man.. I've been playing shooters on consoles for the past 5 years wishing I could use a mouse, and he's playing the latest PC shooter on PC using a controller?

Brad, dude. Not cool.

Edited by AstroCow

@alwaysrun said:

GB do you people even have 1 PC in-house that can play this game well on max settings? Pitty really seeing this game on a gtx 670 which is a fine card but other game sites have covered this game on gtx 680s in SLi, 690 and meriad of crossfire configs which can actually eat this game for lunch and really highlight this games visuals. Isn't it about time GB to step up and start QL'ing PC games with a system that didn't leave it's balls in it's wife's purse.

So go hit-up those sites (and Alwaysstay there).

Posted by Alwaysrun

GB do you people even have 1 PC in-house that can play this game well on max settings? Pitty really seeing this game on a gtx 670 which is a fine card but other game sites have covered this game on gtx 680s in SLi, 690 and meriad of crossfire configs which can actually eat this game for lunch and really highlight this games visuals. Isn't it about time GB to step up and start QL'ing PC games with a system that didn't leave it's balls in it's wife's purse.

Posted by stringbacon

@swomar: While less impressive technically, Halo 4 and DmC have more distinctive art styles and outlandish environments, which make them more visually memorable.

Posted by Patman99

That opening was pretty funny.

Posted by deerokus

Loved the gunplay in the second game, and this looks better still, and a bit more open too.

Edited by gbrading

If Vinny wants really wants high-rez textures as standard on next-gen consoles, I have a feeling he is going to be disappointed.

Looks fine. Still got to play Crysis 2, will play this at some point. Also, it seems to love a high-tensioned soundtrack.

Brad, Psycho has a London, East End accent.

Edited by swomar

I just don't get the indifference from most people and outlets about Crysis 2 and now Crysis 3. Crysis 2 was easily one of my favorite shooters in the last few years, and this one looks as good if not better. I know that it's different strokes for different folks, but still...

Hearing the words "it's alright" or "it's fine" coming from Brad regarding the visuals is baffling to me, considering how much praise games like Halo 4 and DMC got for their visuals. While those were great looking games, they pale in comparison to this.

Posted by Mofaz

PC version, 360 controller. Come on guys, seriously?

Posted by Sammo21

Cracks me up how its either

1. Brad doesn't pay attention

2. Brad's vision is worse than he lets on

3. Their setup for doing these quick looks still sucks and its impossible to see anything well

Posted by BBQBram

That guy in the intro wants to be Werner Herzog soooo bad.

Posted by Brendan

How about you show a little class, since they just got around to rebuilding the entire website?

Edited by AstroCow

I don't know if Vinny did a line of cocaine before this QL, but he was extra hysterical.

Posted by SneakyDuder
Posted by deerokus

I enjoyed listening to Fake Werner Herzog in the 'previously on Crysis' bit.

Posted by Abendlaender

Can somebody confirm if what I remember happening in Crysis 2 is real?

So, at the beginning you play some guy who almost dies because of the Aliens. Prophet saves you, gives you his Nanosuite and kills himself cause he has some kind of disease. But actually you are also kinda dead and only the Nanosuite keeps you alive and somehow Prophet then uploads his memories into your body, basically reboots it and takes control of it?

Did I dream that or did that happen?

Posted by Zephan

Glad I avoided drinking my tea at that "shitting blood" part. Great Quick Look.

Posted by dgSean

"I'm looking for some coffee" made coffee come out my nose... thanks... thanks a lot..

Edited by PandaShake

Beautiful! My poor pc will die trying to run it. Looks fun.

Posted by ShockD

Looks so awesome.

Posted by Parsnip

Oof, I don't know about the compression in some parts of this video.

Posted by prestonhedges

"The music's really good."

It's like I left my Dark Knight Blu-Ray in the Blu-Ray player and now it's just playing the same ten-second loop over and over again.

Posted by Cretaceous_Bob

This man needs to get off the front page and stop looking at me.

Posted by Blimble

This game kinda seems like a tiger in a cage. It wants to have all clever systems and let you tackle situations in a load of ways but the levels and enemies are just design like any military shooter.

The AI being able to see you when you are really far away in the dark and rain and in a nearly all black outfit is stupid. Plus the bow seems kinda terrible for the amount they seem to be pushing it

Posted by peritus

This game looks great, that water reflection at the end was super impressive.

Posted by Nev

Yeesh, such a pretty game.

Posted by Sooty

This gives me hope for the ps4; besides the textures and resolution, killzone 3 is comparable in graphics.

lol

Posted by development

Oh man, that voice talent. At 5:10 I've never heard "one" pronounced so full of vitriol.

Edited by RIDEBIRD

Always have 16x Anistropic Filtering on. Always. Regardless.

Extremely small performance hit, massive impact on texture clarity.

Posted by PimblyCharles

For all the objects you can grab in this game, there's a severe lack of purses

Posted by AlexanderSheen

Best intro this year so far.

Posted by Daftasabat

Anyone else having a problem with the GB video? It's mega slow to load in and sometimes locks my comp up. It's not my end, all other site players are fine

Edited by leebmx

@brad its kind of bad Cockney or South(Sarf) London. But to be honest the actor sounds like he is putting the voice on a bit. The US equivalent would be someone doing really exaggerated Brooklyn or Nu Yoik.

Edited by Rox360

I want to play this. Crysis 2 did nothing for me, and I can see this going much in the same direction; The complete opposite of where you'd want to go from the first game... But something about it just tells me that it's time I experience a game like this again. A new game. I suppose it's been a while. And the concept of sneaking around all invisible and tagging dudes with a bow does make me somewhat excited, linearity aside. I don't know... We'll see!

Okay, I can't deny it. The guys are playing this on the same graphics card I've got. Part of me just wants a game I can truly benchmark with. Going from mostly-medium settings at 1152x864 on my old machine straight to one that can max out everything I own at 1920x1080 makes me feel like a spoiled brat. I feel like I need something to keep my hubris at bay, and Crysis 3 would definitely serve that function.

Posted by beef_melody

Game looks gorgeous, gameplay looks focus tested into oblivion.

Posted by probablytuna

Mmmm, them visuals.

Posted by Dimi3je

A dream team QL (Brad at the controller + Ryan & Vinny). Nice

Posted by Shtinky

Surprisingly one of the best quick looks of the year. Boring game, but the commentary was hilarious.

Posted by The_Grindilow

Ping her in the front, poke her in the rear

Edited by topgunmv
@naru_joe93 said:

This gives me hope for the ps4; besides the textures and resolution, killzone 3 is comparable in graphics. The lighting, character models, animation are all of the same caliber, so if the ps4 can boost a game like killzone 3 to have just as good of textures and run at 1080p, then this upcoming gen should last for a long time.

Plus, developing for a console means you have to optimize to get it running. Usually when devs make a game on pc, they don't have to go through all of the trouble and can cut corners. Also, I don't see the huge jump in graphical quality from crysis 2 to 3, so why are the system req insanely higher?

@naru_joe93:

No.

Posted by PhilipDuck

Wow Bradly you playing video games is pretty special.. mines..

Posted by holybins

This is why the next consoles still have value: graphics like this (or better maybe), but with the awesome first-party properties both Sony and (somewhat) Microsoft have. Nintendo first-party is in a class of its own, of course.

Posted by videogamesarenotart

its a very boring quicklook

Posted by RonGalaxy

This gives me hope for the ps4; besides the textures and resolution, killzone 3 is comparable in graphics. The lighting, character models, animation are all of the same caliber, so if the ps4 can boost a game like killzone 3 to have just as good of textures and run at 1080p, then this upcoming gen should last for a long time.

Plus, developing for a console means you have to optimize to get it running. Usually when devs make a game on pc, they don't have to go through all of the trouble and can cut corners. Also, I don't see the huge jump in graphical quality from crysis 2 to 3, so why are the system req insanely higher?

Edited by super2j

@vinny I love that DBZ reference you snuck into the crysis 3 ql. Keep up the good work. There is a reason you are my favourite.

Posted by PolygonSlayer

That narrator at the start sound like the guys doing the narrative bits in FF12.

Posted by White

THE PS4 IS HERE!!!!!!1 WOOOOOOO1!!!!