218 Comments
Posted by Zephan

Glad I avoided drinking my tea at that "shitting blood" part. Great Quick Look.

Posted by Abendlaender

Can somebody confirm if what I remember happening in Crysis 2 is real?

So, at the beginning you play some guy who almost dies because of the Aliens. Prophet saves you, gives you his Nanosuite and kills himself cause he has some kind of disease. But actually you are also kinda dead and only the Nanosuite keeps you alive and somehow Prophet then uploads his memories into your body, basically reboots it and takes control of it?

Did I dream that or did that happen?

Posted by deerokus

I enjoyed listening to Fake Werner Herzog in the 'previously on Crysis' bit.

Posted by SneakyDuder
Edited by AstroCow

I don't know if Vinny did a line of cocaine before this QL, but he was extra hysterical.

Posted by Brendan

How about you show a little class, since they just got around to rebuilding the entire website?

Posted by BBQBram

That guy in the intro wants to be Werner Herzog soooo bad.

Posted by Sammo21

Cracks me up how its either

1. Brad doesn't pay attention

2. Brad's vision is worse than he lets on

3. Their setup for doing these quick looks still sucks and its impossible to see anything well

Posted by Mofaz

PC version, 360 controller. Come on guys, seriously?

Edited by swomar

I just don't get the indifference from most people and outlets about Crysis 2 and now Crysis 3. Crysis 2 was easily one of my favorite shooters in the last few years, and this one looks as good if not better. I know that it's different strokes for different folks, but still...

Hearing the words "it's alright" or "it's fine" coming from Brad regarding the visuals is baffling to me, considering how much praise games like Halo 4 and DMC got for their visuals. While those were great looking games, they pale in comparison to this.

Edited by gbrading

If Vinny wants really wants high-rez textures as standard on next-gen consoles, I have a feeling he is going to be disappointed.

Looks fine. Still got to play Crysis 2, will play this at some point. Also, it seems to love a high-tensioned soundtrack.

Brad, Psycho has a London, East End accent.

Posted by deerokus

Loved the gunplay in the second game, and this looks better still, and a bit more open too.

Posted by Patman99

That opening was pretty funny.

Posted by stringbacon

@swomar: While less impressive technically, Halo 4 and DmC have more distinctive art styles and outlandish environments, which make them more visually memorable.

Posted by Alwaysrun

GB do you people even have 1 PC in-house that can play this game well on max settings? Pitty really seeing this game on a gtx 670 which is a fine card but other game sites have covered this game on gtx 680s in SLi, 690 and meriad of crossfire configs which can actually eat this game for lunch and really highlight this games visuals. Isn't it about time GB to step up and start QL'ing PC games with a system that didn't leave it's balls in it's wife's purse.

Edited by AstroCow

@alwaysrun said:

GB do you people even have 1 PC in-house that can play this game well on max settings? Pitty really seeing this game on a gtx 670 which is a fine card but other game sites have covered this game on gtx 680s in SLi, 690 and meriad of crossfire configs which can actually eat this game for lunch and really highlight this games visuals. Isn't it about time GB to step up and start QL'ing PC games with a system that didn't leave it's balls in it's wife's purse.

So go hit-up those sites (and Alwaysstay there).

Posted by OfficeGamer

Man.. I've been playing shooters on consoles for the past 5 years wishing I could use a mouse, and he's playing the latest PC shooter on PC using a controller?

Brad, dude. Not cool.

Edited by radoman

This makes me wanna upgrade my gfx card and I only upgraded last month :(

Posted by Toothsaw

Congratulations for the new site.

The streaming is nonexistent for me now, and had no problems before.

I'm running a 19 Mbps downstream line and I can buffer about 5 seconds of video per minute. This uicklook is unplayable :(

Posted by antivanti

Don't you get it? It's hexagons all the way down!

Edited by DougQuaid

Crysis 3 - Featuring music from the motion picture The Dark Knight.

Posted by avantegardener

Bradley Shoemaker..you will give me a hernia yet.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

@mofaz said:

PC version, 360 controller. Come on guys, seriously?

People seriously still care about this?

lol

Edited by Mumrik

I would really really like it if they'd just shut the "¤&!£%" up during cutscenes. Ryan, Brad and Vinny just mocking the game before it even starts just makes me hate the crew before the QL even begins, and it prevents me from hearing the VO.

Posted by crithon

that's a octagon

Edited by chose

Rule #1 of gaming, turn off motion blur, always.

Posted by ominousbedroom

I have never played Crysis but this looks pretty interesting. Dat face! :U

Posted by scaramoosh

MSAA x 8 is what you want but it requires 4GB of Vram which your 670 probably doesn't have. MSAA just eats u VRAM, people mistake it for a poorly optimized game, never knowing what MSAA is, turning it up and expecting to be able to handle it.

Posted by Synnosaurus

Outside of Hunter Mode this game's multiplayer is garbage. I really hate day 1 unlocks.

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

The music and VA in the cutscenes are leagues better than the writing like WHOA.

Does the dude in the pond not notice the HOLE in the water in front of him?

Edited by Moonshadow101

1080p = "Low?"

Lunatics.

Edited by ThreeRoneC

The PlayStation 4 presented by Ryan, Brad, and Vinny...also Jack Tretton

Posted by Dunkelheit

"Made in HTML5" and I nearly shat myself.

Posted by shep9toes

Stop letting Brad play.

Posted by pkmango7

Pinger in the front, licker in the rear.

Edited by RedRavN

As someone who played through crysis 2 on the hardest difficulty watching brad play this is painful. Seriously, the gameplay is way more tactical and elegant than what you see in this quicklook. You will have to use a combination of all of your weapons and abilities to survive. Also, how hard is it to get a more capable PC for quick-looking games and take the time to learn how graphics settings work? Ok done complaining. I really enjoyed Crysis 1 and 2 but honestly this game just looks like crysis 2.5 with a less interesting story. Also, the game length is majorly disappointing.

Edited by AstroCow

@redravn: Brad mentions towards the very end of the QL this is not how he'd normally play a Crysis game (he prefers going stealthy). He said it'd make for a dull QL to watch him patiently sneak about the game.

Edited by tourgen

Can someone honestly tell me what the point is of Live Quick Looks where they haven't played something at all? I mean I'm just not sure what the function is. We're learning all this early game stuff same time as the Bomb crew, when ideally, it'd be them explaining stuff to us and pointing out things they've found etc.

Content is content, but this seems to kinda serve no actual purpose compared to what Quick Looks are normally for.

100% disagree. The last thing I want is someone doing a lecture voice-over while they play. I want color commentary, first hand reactions, and just some dudes playing a game for the first time.

Posted by eazeapeazea

Is that Peter Stormare's face on the QL cover image?

Posted by MHumphreys89

The start is very MGS2 VR Missions.

Posted by Mumrik

Imagine focus group testing a game and having a guy like Brad in the group...

Edited by PulledaBrad

Its like watching my mom try to play a video game

Edited by Oldirtybearon

@abendlaender said:

Can somebody confirm if what I remember happening in Crysis 2 is real?

So, at the beginning you play some guy who almost dies because of the Aliens. Prophet saves you, gives you his Nanosuite and kills himself cause he has some kind of disease. But actually you are also kinda dead and only the Nanosuite keeps you alive and somehow Prophet then uploads his memories into your body, basically reboots it and takes control of it?

Did I dream that or did that happen?

I had a similar head scratching moment in the beginning of Crysis 3, but there's a intel log you get immediately during play that explains it.

Basically Laurence Barnes (codename Prophet from Crysis 1) was infected with Ceph DNA due to the Nanosuit's unique ability to interface with the aliens and their technology, and as he became more and more Ceph, started losing control of himself and felt the, erm, "call" of the alien hivemind. In order to finish what he started, he rescues a dying marine (Alcatraz) with no hope of recovery by giving him the Nanosuit, but he needs to sever the link to it. So he shoots himself in the head and says "good luck."

Then you play as Alcatraz and your onboard AI takes on more and more characteristics of Laurence Barnes, culminating in the silo jump that wipes out the aliens in New York.

Now here is where shit gets weird - as it turns out, Alcatraz actually died in that silo and what emerged from the wreckage was a new personality/identity forged between Alcatraz and Laurence Barnes. It thinks it's Laurence Barnes, it thinks it saved the world from the Ceph (twice), it thinks it's a human being and not some fucked up AI under that nanosuit. It's not, though. It's some kind of hybrid human/ceph intelligence that's essentially party rocking in a corpse inside a nanoshell.

As you can see, it's a pretty sweet concept but it was sure confusing watching the opening of Crysis 3.

Posted by Greenshoes

The storyteller at the start sounds swedish to me.

Edited by Oldirtybearon

@mumrik said:

I would really really like it if they'd just shut the "¤&!£%" up during cutscenes. Ryan, Brad and Vinny just mocking the game before it even starts just makes me hate the crew before the QL even begins, and it prevents me from hearing the VO.

Agreed. As soon as the QL started I figured I should unwrap the game and play the opening missions before watching this. It makes them a little more tolerable, but not by much.

Posted by SamuraiSeppuku

Thermite in an Etch-A-Sketch...Thank you Breaking Bad.

Posted by NickFerg

I just wish Brad would get over being a graphics snob. I understand you work for a video game site and can spend money on new tech willy-nilly, however most of us can't and we somehow make due with our outdated technology. I get that you want to see games at their best, who doesn't, but when the frame rate drops into the 20's it's not the worst thing in the world. Calm. The fuck. Down.

Posted by HerbieBug

The PS4 version will have 173.4 times more particles. O_O

Every drop of rain will have it's own unique reflection! We modeled every speck of dust on that coffee table!

Posted by MadaRenrut