218 Comments
Posted by Masakari

The story of the Crysis games is absolute crap, nobody cares.

Edited by LoktarOgar

It's impressive how they look at all them fancy options at the start and still just manage to ignore the "subtitles: no" part.

Edited by Quarters

For those wondering, Nomad died in the comic they released, shortly after the events of Crysis. So did the girl.

Posted by TruthTellah

Have a seat!

Posted by Canteu

@loktarogar: Not sure what you were watching but I can clearly see subtitles.

Posted by DeviTiffany

"Only two Raptors survived, Prophet and Psycho."

Whoa, Whoa, what the hell? I'm not up on my Crysis lore but what the fuck happened to Nomad? Did they retcon him out of the series for good?

Edited by Fleck0

I thought it looked cool at the beginning but this is some JANKY shit. The teleporting guy was weird... then check out about 43:40 when they shoot an enemy in the head and the wacky physics propel him towards Brad

I'll sweeten this sour post by praising the sound design which is incredible

and then this happened....

Edited by TheManWithNoPlan

I'm so excited for the event tomorrow. I can't wait to see ALL the pixels.

Edited by EricSmith

The screen tearing when they get into the jungle was making my eyes fall out.

Posted by ManlyBeast

Man these guys can make you laugh even when you're depressed as fuck.

Edited by bombedyermom

It's hard to watch this video and not shout instructions to brad via my screen.

Edited by CodeFire

Oh god, as soon as I saw the menu with the wet window, I immediately thought back to the collectors edition of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory! Such a good game!

Edited by fooflighter737

Tweak the settings and then show the quicklook...painfull to watch guys

Posted by kishinfoulux

The beginning of this Quick Look is amazing. <3

Edited by thebunnyhunter

Man glad i came and watched this after i missed the first chunk of the live stream.....god Jack Trenton was there and everything

Posted by TruthTellah

Man... this is a pretty game.

Edited by steveurkel

I watch every quick look but this one was really annoying way too much yelling and in jokes even though it has my favorite people in the quick look.... why so much yelling :( It sounded really distorted also so the yelling sounded badly

Posted by AngelN7

Man those CELL guys sure are sweary

Edited by MormonWarrior

Is that guy mocapped by Russel Crowe?

Posted by wjb

I watch every quick look but this one was really annoying way too much yelling and in jokes even though it has my favorite people in the quick look.... why so much yelling :( It sounded really distorted also so the yelling sounded badly

Yeah, I've noticed Vinny has been loud the past week or two. Maybe it's a performance art piece; Vinny imitating Vinny, or something.

Edited by mlarrabee

After I played the entirety of Crysis 2 as a stealth game I knew the series was better than most people give it credit for.

EDIT: Reading over these comments is leaving me utterly confused.

"The Walking Dead had a fantastic story but it had hardly any gameplay! No way it should win GOTY!"

"The Crysis games have incredible gameplay but the story is crap! I'm not even going to bother!"

Posted by LonesomeYogurt

Oh my goodness, can people really play with such a low FPS? I would easily put all the settings on the lowest possible to get ~45 or so as opposed to a great-looking game that lags so intensely. I don't even think I could play it like this.

It does look great though.

Posted by arcn

I felt a bit bummed out when I heard Vinny say that he needs to go back and play Crysis 2. No Vinny, you don't have to. You should just watch the previously on Crysis 2 video again and save yourself from 8-10 hours of a unsurprisingly mediocre story.

Edited by KirkDouglas

I had this QL and Paper Planes playing concurrently.

Vinny was right, it was awesome.

Edited by Mars_Cleric

wait...they were making a Crysis 3?

Edited by Cold_Wolven

I really hope my GTX680 SLI can run this maximum.

Edited by Godlyawesomeguy

CRYSIS ALERT

I may have said this to you before, but just as a reminder: You have an awesome avatar.

Posted by RubberFactory

@fleck0 said:

I thought it looked cool at the beginning but this is some JANKY shit. The teleporting guy was weird... then check out about 43:40 when they shoot an enemy in the head and the wacky physics propel him towards Brad

That's not an audio glitch, it's just bad writing.

Posted by Jackel2072

@arcn said:

I felt a bit bummed out when I heard Vinny say that he needs to go back and play Crysis 2. No Vinny, you don't have to. You should just watch the previously on Crysis 2 video again and save yourself from 8-10 hours of a unsurprisingly mediocre story.

This is Vinny we're talking about here! The same man who had to play Borderlands 1 before 2 for the "story"

Posted by BiohazardBlaze

This quicklook does me a great service.

I now know to avoid Crysis 3 like the plague.

If the people who designed this game think that placing the player into a unique environment never to be seen again, is the way to tutorialise or teach players, then I feel 100% okay in never playing this game.

This tutorial is long, stupid and unnecessary.

How do Crytek not know the difference between teaching a player to move and teaching a player navigation? If the player isn't in a real, in-game environment then the experiences learned here are completely useless because they're not applicable in real gameplay scenarios.

How games like this one can think that placing you in a sterile environment is conductive to learning is beyond me. Players need to learn the mechanics of shooting and aiming in combat, even if subtly tweaked in their favour, so they can develop strategies and a feel for the games mechanics. Saying, "This is shoot. Shoot now." is moronic. Knowing the *when* can be just as important than the *how*. Why split these ideas into separate tutorial sections?

A well designed game will teach movement, navigation, shooting and combat all at once. They will place players in a somewhat controlled sandbox and allow them to learn on their own. Nudging players into experimenting with what can be done in stealth and armour modes. Giving them the tools and allowing them to learn on their own by rewarding their cunning and skill with success and progression.

Spoon feeding all the information to the player severely hampers their ability to develop a natural sense for when exploration and experimentation is relevant or useful. Instead I feel that sequences like this tutorial only go to reinforce the idea that everything the player ever needs will be given to them.

Even by having the player experiment with button controls is a more conducive experience, in my opinion at least. When the player figures out on his or her own, how to fire and how to jump, they are ever-so-subtly being rewarded for their experimentation.

It's easy enough to nudge them in the right direction, because if a player is being shot to death and isn't firing back, then you can pop-up an obtuse hint box.

Demand more of the player. They are not as stupid as everyone thinks. They're being trained to be stupid by dumb design from games that need to have a giant waypoint marker showing you where to go, instead of having anything intuitive about them.

Posted by ZombiePie

This is one of the most flat-out enjoyable and hilarious Quick Looks in a while. How can you not laugh when they went "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEUH­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?"

Edited by MeatSim

I think Crysis 1 and Warhead was all the Crysis i needed. The graphics are still impressive though.

Edited by Fleck0

@fleck0 said:

That's not an audio glitch, it's just bad writing.

Yeah but why is Prophet having a seizure the whole time?

Posted by zenmastah

TUTORIALS JESUS CHRIST WHY?!

Posted by TheHT

The crew was being a bit obnoxious at times during this QL, but goddamn that's a nice Men in Black reference there Vinny.

Game looks great, not just visually. I hope the gameplay focuses on fighting human enemies and leaves the alien stuff to just story and tech. Crysis 1 was funnest when you were up against humans.

I think I'll check this out when it gets cheaper. Still no interest in Crysis 2, so I doubt I'll run through that first (unless it goes for cheap on Steam sometime).

Edited by NekuSakuraba

No sound at the video feature screen? BLASPHEMY.

Edited by kishinfoulux

I'm confused. As of late people have complained that the crew seems to lack enthusiasm during Quick Looks and they aren't fun anymore. Now the guys are having a great ol' time and people complain about that. Internet man I swear...

Posted by GasparNolasco

I'd get it... but I feel the visuals are a big part of the appeal, and it will not look nearly as good in the Xbox.

Posted by super2j

I am liking this cinematic treatment. I need a game like this.

Edited by Draxyle

Seems perfectly fine and it's visually impressive but.. geez this is really reminding me of how homogenized the big budget industry has gotten this gen. Hacking minigames, skip cutscene buttons hovering over every cinematic (this time I only saw it over the first cutscene at least), painfully front-loaded, hand-holdy tutorials and HUD elements, extra gritty with little emotional contrast, lots and lots of metal corridors or highly enclosed and linear locations, etc. I don't even play these kinds of games often and I get exhausted over these repeating tropes.

The bow and the stealth mechanics were the saving grace to me at least. My eyes just kinda gloss over into the back of my head the moment I see regular gun-play nowadays.

Posted by melonpan_alliance

This is one of the most flat-out enjoyable and hilarious Quick Looks in a while. How can you not laugh when they went "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEUH­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?"

I'm confused. As of late people have complained that the crew seems to lack enthusiasm during Quick Looks and they aren't fun anymore. Now the guys are having a great ol' time and people complain about that. Internet man I swear...

I agree, I don't think there's anything bad to come out of an excited, loud Giant Bomb crew-- it's why I come here! More like this!

Posted by arimajinn
Edited by plato84

If Crysis is the spear head of the year of the Bow, what does that make Farcry 3? Prologue?

Posted by core1065

"Ping her in the front, lick her in the rear." MY NEW LIFE MOTTO!!!

Edited by GasparNolasco

After I played the entirety of Crysis 2 as a stealth game I knew the series was better than most people give it credit for.

EDIT: Reading over these comments is leaving me utterly confused.

"The Walking Dead had a fantastic story but it had hardly any gameplay! No way it should win GOTY!"

"The Crysis games have incredible gameplay but the story is crap! I'm not even going to bother!"

I don't think everybody agrees on the gameplay part. People complained a lot of how weak and repetitive the first one got after a while and the second one cut a lot of corners. Everybody agrees about the graphics though.

I, personally think Crysis went a really weird place halfway through the first game and the second one was a disaster, beautiful, but with the worst AI I saw in quite a while -- this one seems to be a bit better in that area -- but also seems more like a traditional FPS than the other two that tried to get some impression of a sandbox going on.

Posted by Microshock

The voice acting is really bad...

Posted by ripelivejam

that face is too high-res man

Posted by ripelivejam

BRADLEY MAY CRYSIS

Posted by face15

I kinda wanna buy this now. God damn it.

Posted by NoelVeiga

@biohazardblaze: Oh, man, that whole rant would have made way more sense if they guys hadn't missed the fact that the tutorial is skippable...