67 Comments
  • 67 results
Edited by buft

so this is all the main guys from minervas den, interesting, cant wait to get a look at it

Edit: video loaded now, wasnt there first time, its interesting to see people modernizing the point and click games.

Posted by Coafi

Oh yes! I recently discovered this title and was going to give the heads-up, Patrick. I really want to play this now.

Posted by BasketSnake

Who needs kiddie games like Luigi's Mansion now?!

Posted by DeF

[Note from Steve: It WAS a great episode! A machine that thinks, reasons for itself?! Imagine!]

haha! :D

Edited by fartGOD666

Only the hottest scoops

Posted by cannonballBAM

Yes. Slender, Amnesia and now Gone Home. I love it.

Posted by cannedstingray

I've been listening to the idle thumbs podcast for a few months or so, and hearing them talk about this game has gotten me super interested in it. Can't wait to play it!

Edited by Sphinx

@patrickklepek (For the record, Gome Home has a working toilet.)

Little spelling mistake Patrick. I'm assuming you mean "Gone Home"

Also great article, can't wait to play it.

Posted by happymeowmeow

My favorite was one of the goofier episodes, "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose." It was that one about the psychic who could only see how someone was going to die. Very odd and well written. "Pusher" also sticks out in my memory, had no idea the Breaking Bad guy directed it, makes sense.

Gone Home looks neat, I've always liked the self contained haunted house style of game.

Posted by Mongoose

I like that early episode when they are all stuck in the cabin in the woods with little green bugs that hide in the dark and suck the life out of you. I love the X-Files.

Posted by bvilleneuve

Woah, this looks amazing! I can't wait to play it.

Posted by ShaggE

This sounds great.

And yeah, of the admittedly few episodes I've seen, "Home" is by far my favorite. It still astounds me that it actually aired.

Posted by djames216

I used to be such a big fan of the X-Files. I watched the first four seasons and then went off it because it seemed to get silly and I was fed up with them stretching plot-lines out etc. I randomly tuned into watch a new episode three years later to see how it was going. The episode was "First Person Shooter" (from season seven) and it was absolutely terrible. I'll resist ranting about it but suffice to say it was pretty bad and I never watched another episode after that.

Posted by AssInAss

I did not know Vince Gilligan wrote an episode of X-Files!

Posted by Seb

When Scoops met Scoops.

Posted by DjDonFrancisco

Definitely interested in this.

Posted by joshwent

@shagge said:

And yeah, of the admittedly few episodes I've seen, "Home" is by far my favorite. It still astounds me that it actually aired.

I'm pretty sure that after Home aired the first time, FOX got so much mail from outraged people that they swore to never play it again. I later saw it on FX, and even there before the episode there was a long disclaimer that didn't precede any other X-Files episode. So you know it's gotta be good! ;)

Also, this game looks interesting.

Edited by heatDrive88

Scoops on Scoops.

Edited by Humanity

The guys always talk Minerva's Den up a lot but it really wasn't that spectacular. I think most people could see the twist a mile away. To each his own though.

Posted by AngriGhandi

So they added a button to put things back where you found them... but can I still just empty all the shelves and drawers onto the floor like the Mob shaking down a small business if I want to?

Because I really want to.

Edited by development

"Hungry" is probably my favorite episode, too. I like "Drive" a lot, though. I always remembered some crazy guy smashing his head against a car window until it exploded, but didn't realize it was Bryan Cranston until recently.

Edited by FrostedMiniWheats

Between this and the recent Dark Void article, Patrick's been putting together some high quality content! I vote for more content like this.

As far as talking about the actual article... thank GOD for the "put item right back" feature. So many games I wish had this - be they adventure games (Hotel Dusk) or RPGs (this would fix the old "I didn't mean to steal that thing off your desk, I was trying to pick up the white labeled thing right next to it please don't kick me out of the mage's guild. Oh, really? Well, I guess I'm not gonna join the mage's guild." problem in Elder Scrolls games).

Edited by LordKorax

Steve "Hot Scoops" Gaynor. Come on. Also, "nobody else was making in it."

EDIT: And Sam is your sister. She's been specifically talked about in so many of the previews in the last few months, it's strange that piece of information was somehow lost.

Posted by big_jon

Looks cool, I could see myself getting this if it came to the 360.

Posted by Slayeric

In Steve we trust.

Edited by core1065

WHERES MY SPOOKIN WITH SCOOPS!!!

Posted by oppai2

@joshwent said:

@shagge said:

I'm pretty sure that after Home aired the first time, FOX got so much mail from outraged people that they swore to never play it again. I later saw it on FX, and even there before the episode there was a long disclaimer that didn't precede any other X-Files episode. So you know it's gotta be good! ;)

Also, this game looks interesting.

I watched that one in Germany about approx. 15 years and I thought I would be having nightmares because of it. And I was well into the latter part of my 20ies then. Awfully wonderful show. I am not a fan of horror as such though. Apparently they did ban it afterwards. It is really disturbing.

Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Definitely seems intriguing. Was there any indication of when it might be released?

Posted by Kri0s

I will be keeping a close eye on this one for sure.

Posted by Vexxan

Sounds like a cool game, keep us updated on its release!

Posted by jred250

This sounds really good. Great job Patrick!

Posted by Soapy86

There's only one Scoops.

Posted by Grimdaddy

This was really interesting, Patrick. As someone who has never been really spooked by a game, nor found much worth in anything "horror", this game in particular is really intriguing. The details (or the lack of them at times) really draws me in. I will look forward to trying it out as soon as possible.

Perhaps mystery is more my bag, rather than horror - but then again, maybe this will combine them in an interesting way.

Posted by GreggD

I cannot wait for this, it looks really cool.

Posted by theanticitizen

I'm super glad to hear this is coming out of Portland. I was lamenting the fact that we don't have enough developers here. Also super excited to see this game.

Posted by Flacracker

When does it come out?

Posted by primalmaster

This looks really cool, reminds me of games like dark fall and scratches which I really enjoyed playing.

Posted by FakeKisser

I've been excited about this game ever since I heard about it. Can't wait!

Posted by Kevin_Cogneto
Posted by mistergrieves

@assinass said:

I did not know Vince Gilligan wrote an episode of X-Files!

I believe that he wrote and directed the episode "Drive" mentioned earlier. From what I understand, this is where he met Bryan Cranston which led to them working together on Breaking Bad.

Posted by cooljammer00

Wait, I know Gone Home was supposed to be creepy, but I was under the impression that _maybe_ something happened to your family. Now this article implies something unfortunate has definitely happened to your loved ones? I'm just waiting for like, a ghost to pop out or for you to find the bodies of your parents in the attic cause your sister fled after murdering them.

I don't think I can play this game.

Edited by Doskias

Pusher was great, but Jose Chung's From Outer Space is by far my favorite.

Oh, also, I want to play this video game.

Posted by Kete

wizaaaaard

Posted by Phatmac

Really liking how this game is sounding. I'm in.

Posted by marbleCmoney

"For the record, Gone Home has a working toilet." I'm sold!

Seriously though, this game sounds really interesting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Posted by Generic_username

As someone who is easily frightened by horror movies and games (to the point of reoccurring nightmares when I watch/play too much of one) I'm not going to play this. However, watching the video, I felt the atmosphere right away, that note from the sibling is really cryptic, and I know there's going to be some crazy stuff in there. I'm already feeling uneasy, but then again I'm EXTREMELY sensitive to this kind of thing. It still looks cool, and I hope it goes well for them.

Edited by Nicholas

@patrickklepek " If it’s a 45-year-old women" should be " If it’s a 45-year-old woman"

Thanks for this story. Well done, sir. I am super excited for this game.

Posted by cervin

This is the first time I think I've ever responded on these Giant Bomb comments, but I have to second that. Jose Chung isn't just a great x file, it's one of the best tv episodes of the 90's.

• 67 results