67 Comments
  • 67 results
Posted by ghostNPC

Seems like it'll be pretty good, but one thing really irks me. "nobody feels so freaked out that they just can't handle it.” When making a scary game, you should never pull punches.

Posted by SpaceJamLunchbox

"Later this year" can't come soon enough. Thanks, Patrick!

Posted by Rrang

Great article, Patrick! Definitely will be keeping my eye on this.

Edited by dvorak

IIRC his X-Files reference is off. Pretty sure his reference is to the second Pusher episode with the guy's sister. The "I will eat blue paint" episode.

There was a fantastic episode of Fringe with the same premise too, actually.

My favorite episode is definitely "Bad Blood". The intro will live with me forever.

Posted by patrickklepek

@ghostnpc said:

Seems like it'll be pretty good, but one thing really irks me. "nobody feels so freaked out that they just can't handle it.” When making a scary game, you should never pull punches.

I think that just says more about the kind of tension they're creating, not pulling punches. Gone Home feels like...have you seen House of the Devil? It's build-up, and not monster closets.

Staff
Edited by Seb

Honestly that two minute youtube clip looked more interesting to me then anything shown for the PS4.

Edited by heavymetalwaffle

Aww, it looks like the interview that you guys did with one of the developers for this game earlier in 2012 is gone; I keep getting a 404 trying to access it. I knew this game seemed familiar, but that duck in the cabinet with the key underneath it triggered my memory.

Posted by Seaborgium

@patrickklepek: Er, should "Fullbright Compay isn’t going to spend two years..." be "Fullbright Company isn’t going to spend two years..."?

Posted by StriderNo9

These guys have my attention, so does this game.

Posted by TheManWithNoPlan

This definitely looks promising. I never played Minerva's Den, but heard great things about it. I can't wait to play this. There's so many great horror games announced right now. It's pretty terrifying, in a good way.

After watching the X-files episode "Home" I had to take a break. I regrettably haven't gone back since.

Posted by Hailinel

Very interesting, indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing more on this game when it's finished.

Posted by Slither_Maggot

This looks great! I can't wait to give this a go!

Posted by liako21

im too much of a wuss to play horror games, but I love hearing and reading about them from Patrick.

Hope this game turns out to be good.

Posted by Snigs

This may be the first horror game I play. What happened to Sam?

Posted by WMWA

This is honestly my most anticipated game this year

Posted by HellknightLeon
Posted by Slyboots503

Great write up, Patrick. I'm really looking forward to this. It's also great to hear about talented folks here in Portland working on games. I've always thought this was a great environment for creative and alternative approaches to games, given the culture and technology in the area.