193 Comments
  • 193 results
Posted by Roddykat

Please let there be a 'Dave Fortress' style video for Eve Online. That would be excellence! Call it.... 'Dave's Bayou'?

Posted by Undeadpool

DAMNIT, @snide! I've been getting calls from a Mini-Cooper dealership for someone named Wu and I couldn't figure out how it happened, but NOW I KNOW! There are PEOPLE on the other side of that +1 number, you monster!!

Posted by graf1k
Edited by Solutha

Waiting for that Bombcast. So hyped.

Edited by DostoyevskysShamblingCorpse

Is it Tuesday again yet?

Posted by floodiastus

DAVE SNIDER!!! My fav dude of the crew, glad to see him more!

Edited by Artimisticus

Dave talking about EVE makes me want to renew my subscription...

Posted by Snakepond

Rocket Queen and My Michelle are my picks.

Fucking greatest group of all time.

Edited by innervoicexx

@giovanni: Next bombcast they will. Jeff will be back to talk about it.

Edited by ExplodeMode

I know I'm late but

Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy 4
Yakuza 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 4
Monster Hunter 4
Mega Man 4
Street Fighter 4
Phantasy Star 4
Castlevania 4
Contra 4
Dragon Quest 4

A million other Japanese games with a 4.

That was so never an issue.

Edited by GioVANNI

@spartyon said:

I was really hoping the PS4 announcement would warrant a special bombcast...I want to hear what these duders think!

I would imagine this is the closest thing you're going to get

Posted by SpartyOn

I was really hoping the PS4 announcement would warrant a special bombcast...I want to hear what these duders think!

Posted by ominousbedroom

Just listening to this after watching the Sony 2013 reveal, hah. First of all, a big kudos to Dave's work ethic. I can't imagine all the debugging that must have been necessary to get things running.

I really like the non-gaming convos. Vinny's life stories are so relatable, and the Ryan is pretty introspective sometimes. I like his vocabulary. And Brad... oh, Brad. On top of this, nearly everything is coated with a sense of humor and that makes the Bombcast so fun to listen to.

Posted by hollyw00t

@brandong said:

I'm fiending for a new podcast, I want to hear Jeffs reactions to the Sony conference.

Then I am your comrade in fiend'osity. No fake, I'm straight up torqued for the next Bombcast. That being said, I'm straight up torqued for every Bombcast.

Posted by BranDong

I'm fiending for a new podcast, I want to hear Jeffs reactions to the Sony conference.

Posted by Krakn3Dfx

Came wanting to hear about Crysis 3 and MGS:Revengengengengence.

Left wanting to hear more about Dave's World of Eve.

Edited by arch4non

Need to get Rorie in on the next bombcast.

Posted by ripelivejam

@krixok said:

Speaking of putting down fake numbers, my number looks super fake. So I got a call from a hospital last week. "Hi this is blahblah hospital, Gabriel, we need you to come in for surgery tomorrow at nine, bring your bag."

you got there in time right?

Posted by ThreeRoneC

Hey @snide, when DUST 514 comes out I will fight the ground battles over your space truckin' routes.

Posted by mnzy
Posted by Xymox

What am I missing here? I can't find that level of depth inside the wiki search. There was talk about being able to search for games that have both dungeons and dragons in them, but from what I'm seeing, there's no object/concept/etc search box. The only things you can actively search for is developer and publisher? @snide

Edited by FrostedMiniWheats

"Is there any other news? Any new games this week? Any Aliens news? Any Crysis news? ...Any video game movie news? Nope? Okay emails."

Jesus, what does Nintendo have to do to get attention from these guys? They announced a sequel to Giantbomb's 2009(?) DS game of the year in a new Mario and Luigi RPG alongside a bunch of smaller scale projects like Mario Golf and three new IPs on their eShop service. Beyond any sort of fanboy rage nonsense, is the worlds biggest video game publisher announcing 6 or so brand new games not even a blip on the radar anymore? Could six new games from any other console game publisher be similarly forgotten?

Posted by Darkhollow

Bombcast including Dave? I'm in! :D

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Nothing quite like the lack of Jeff and Patrick to turn the bombcast into a discussion about the crushing onset of middle age. Also, Brad openly says, on the record, that he is a graphics whore.

Posted by Noli

DAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH!

Edited by Wonloong

Dave! What's your corp name! Can I be in it!

Posted by Seanakin66

Vinny, what you said about parents...well-said.

Posted by KookKui

SLAYER!

Posted by Vod_Crack

@boringk said:

The correct answer was

I put my iPod on shuffle the other day and was reminded that I still have Chinese Democracy on it. Oops!

In a months time, you will have Earth Rocker on it and all will be forgiven...

Posted by PulledaBrad

"I'm like a fussy baby"

-Ryan Davis

Yep. Nailed it.

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

@Dave: That means the combat's worth doing!

...Well, game in question excluded.

Posted by Carlos1408

What a coincidence I'm moving tomorrow and it is stressful and harrowing!

Posted by HellknightLeon

In my veins!

Posted by BoringK

The correct answer was

I put my iPod on shuffle the other day and was reminded that I still have Chinese Democracy on it. Oops!

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

Beware of really interesting yet depressing opening conversation.

Posted by Game_Pad

These days, I rarely use printers, but the annoyances that comes with inkjet refills and such is why I switched to a laser printer 3 years ago. Hell, stock toner in that same laser printer, a HP unit, only recently went empty, and even then, the replacement toner was only about 10 bucks on Amazon.

With that being said, I went ahead got another laser printer recently (actually, I am waiting for it to arrive in the next few days), because Amazon had a Brother WiFi unit on sale, and I am giving the old HP unit to my little brother.

Edited by Zamir

Edited by CaLe

It's kinda sad that Max will never fully appreciate how cool his dad is/was.

Edited by ultrapeanut

I LOVE YOU JEFF GREEN

(also Vinny)

Edited by NoelVeiga

@chibithor said:

If there's one 'American thing' I'll never get it's the whole lawn business.

Land of the free, for the longest time had people die of curable diseases for the sake of retaining the freedom to choose a health care provider without restriction - must keep your lawn within strict parameters and make sure to purchase the type of seeds that are accepted by your community.

Yeah, I'm with you.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, not criticising the "land of the free" part, just being weirded out by how the hell it's legal to force you to keep your own front yard in a certain manner.

Posted by KittyVonDoom

Can't un-hear paranoid drug-addict Brad.

@cwjoe said:

@animasta said:

@milkman said:

Is there a lamer old person band than Guns N' Roses? Don't get me wrong, Appetite for Destruction is fantastic but for every hit that they had, they had six horrible ridiculous cover ballads to cancel them out.

I honestly thought that chinese democracy wasn't bad... prostitute is a great song.

Yeah, honestly, Chinese Democracy is a decent album. It's just not a good Guns N' Roses album. It's Axl Rose's solo album in everything but name.

Dave Mustaine's been doing that with Megadeth for well over 15 years now.

Posted by Lorbst

Just sayin', as a scandinavian duder, guns and roses pretty much suck.

Posted by MeatSim

The Giant Movingcast featuring space trucker Dave!

Posted by PandaShake

@nardak: Maybe they haven't played it yet since Alex was the one who reviewed it and not around the office. Would love to hear what they think of it too.

Edited by Brackynews

The concept of "no cycle" customers was an interesting one to touch on. We all think generation to generation, but it's logical that companies see consumers even more narrowly, SKU to SKU.

Think about the iOS line... people want to get the "new iPhone", the new thing. Sometimes that has a number, sometimes a letter, sometimes just the word "new" (iPad). Brad's right, when you skip a version, you really notice the difference, but for the millions of consumers who "keep up", it's incremental.

Think about all the times this generation that we've had hardware refreshed... "hey here's the new $250 thing on the shelf: it's the PSP-2000, it's the PSP-3000, it's the Go, it's the 360 Slim, it's the white Star Wars one, it's the Lite, it's the XL, it's the ultra slim, hey the hard drive is on the bottom now, it's the Wii Mini, it's the Wii U..." wait a minute... they just slipped that one by.

Now take the idea of a subscription-subsidised console, letting them keep that sweet spot price. And they don't want to take 360s or breadboxes off the shelf yet either... it's just another SKU. Some people want the new games, so "let's go pick up the new thing, it's about the same price as the old ones last year... wow this looks way better". But they don't see the shift as generational, in that it's 8 gigs of RAM instead of 512 megs, they see it as "looks as good as my buddy's expensive computer."

New consoles will look as good as today's PC games right? But much better? I'm not sure how. The plan seems to be off the shelf parts, not try to cram a Silicon Graphics workstation in there. Until resolutions need to change again, all of that processing power can start going into better AI, procedural worlds, the uncanny valley... better made games that are also easier to make... or at least not have to fight the hardware.

Fascinating stuff. Good marketing study.

Edited by Chibithor

If there's one 'American thing' I'll never get it's the whole lawn business.

Posted by revel

The last thing that needed to be done for buying my house was for them to get rid of the piano. I said oh no problem. I played for 7 years when I was young. Thinking of getting back into it. They were creepily happy about that. Fast forward a few years. I had to pay like 200/300$ to have it hauled the fuck away. It was quite busted up and I couldn't give it away for free! Before you think you can give a piano away for free please go to Craigslist first and run a search for "free piano".... or " I will blow you if you take my piano!"

Posted by s10129107

This COULD be the Sega Saturn / Atari Jaguar no man's land hardware release. Who knows if either SONY or Microsoft will be successful. Maybe these systems will bridge the gap to different tech.

Posted by antivanti

I predict an earthquake up in here! Coz' we cast bombs on it, cast bombs on it!

Posted by SomeJerk

1) Dust 514, while giving me more fun than BF3 PC, is not QL-ready in its current state. After the next build comes that reworks the graphical side of things, stability (server) and smaller patches bringing in more goodness I think it'll be time for a QL and a TNT. It's mouse and keyboard capable and you should probably play it if you're tired of the ordinary arena shooter action FPSes or even BF3. (The F2P model is perfectly fine, you'll have to eat a lot of bad luck and make a lot of bad decisions to get broke.)

2) They say playstation "three" in Japan, we'll know within hours if they'll be saying "four" or not, but what makes me doubtful is that ふぉう makes "foe". If PS4 paywalls online gaming I'll be whining about it, if it adds region locking to the 360s level I'll be raging, we all should. But if it ends up working like the PS3 with a dual SKU offer and wants PS+ sub to use Gaikai based PS3 gaming then I'll be perfectly fine (because I live in good-internet-land Europe). The thing begins at 8 AM Japan time, and they'll get their own presentation later on the 21st.

3) Analcysts said that this generation would be the last one and they all pointed to iOS gaming as the one reason for it. Look at what companies they fellate, look at what companies they call dead or dying, you'll find that the majority of these analysts are really peculiar in what they say and do.

• 193 results