85 Comments
  • 85 results
Edited by Mint_Kjell_Olav

@vinny man this was a really good fun Ryan video, i miss him so much and i didn't even know him cant imagine how hard this has been for you guys. But i really appreciate all the great work you guys do! And i am glad to see The GiantBomb continue loud and proud even without the great Mr. Davis.

Posted by mrangryface

Vinny's "You think?!" bits were the best

Posted by dr_mantas

That one puzzle is one of the very rare instances that something I'm watching made me feel kinda nauseous.

Posted by ScreamingFist

Seems pretty interesting

Posted by Nikral

The mechanics of this game are very similar to that of And Yet It Moves, with the rotating the world, but unlike AYIM, you can't manually move your guy.

Posted by Juiceboxxx

Live right next to the Tacoma Narrows...

There are two bridges now.

Nice shout out for my bridge, love the site.

Edited by eroticfishcake

Whoa, that music starting at 2:20 is from Echelon Book 1. Wasn't expecting that.

I thought it was Kerbal Space Pogram since I just opened it. Guess it must be royalty free music or something.

Edited by Winternet
Posted by White

This is totally a story about Newton's youth.

Posted by Dooleh

couple of bucks = 14 euros it seems.

Edited by GasparNolasco

The art style is really cool. It really borrows from Braid, but it has a creative twist to it. Might check it out just to see if the end is as nonsensical as I imagine it will be.

Posted by Superfriend

@wolfhazard said:

Meh looks like another gimmicky platformer so far...

Yup.

@rudecubes said:

My kingdom for an indie platformer that's just a platformer without any puzzle business, please.

Yup.

I don´t think you can call this a platformer. You can´t jump in this game.

You guys would probably think Gears of War is a platformer or something.

I have to agree though, a nice Jump and Run that is not a Mario rehash would be amazing.

Posted by JoelTGM

laughed so much at this. definitely going to buy this one.

Posted by namesonkel

I can feel it, my mind telling me that my feet are in socks, that they keep my feet warm.
But they really aren't.

Posted by FierceDeity

Anyone else getting motion sick watching this?

Posted by ProfessorEss

Meh looks like another gimmicky platformer so far...

Yup.

My kingdom for an indie platformer that's just a platformer without any puzzle business, please.

Yup.

Posted by Demoskinos

DA BRIDGE.

Posted by YoungFrey

This game reminds me a lotof Lazy Raiders. In that you rotate the world to move your character. it isn't artsy, and it's a bit fsater paced, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Posted by Thompson820

"Has anyone seen the bridge?"

"Where's that confounded bridge?!?"

Less "Braid" and more "And Yet it Moves". Alot more.

Yep, And Yet It Moves eat your heart out.

Edited by PoisonJam7

Props to Vinny for using the term "sisyphean task." That seems like something he learned from Brad. ;)

Posted by GioVANNI

That first music track is also in Kerbal Space Program when you get to space, public domain music always pops up in the weirdest places

That's where I remember hearing that music. Thank you

Posted by ArchTeckGuru8

mr mathematics needs to be a regular character

Edited by CastroCasper

I am down for trippy, pulsating, ribbons. This game seems pretty neat, but it makes me super dizzy.

Also, Tacoma Narrows, nice.

Posted by ShadowConqueror

So it's Braid meets And Yet It Moves? Cool.

Posted by Sidewalkchalk

The best part of this quicklook is the new voiceover for the Crysis 3 intro

Edited by Velamo05

In the beginning, after the squiggly line disclaimer in the background, and Ryan pressed the arrows to make the screen shake, I randomly has decided to tilt my computer and thought I was doing that XD

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

"Has anyone seen the bridge?"

"Where's that confounded bridge?!?"

Less "Braid" and more "And Yet it Moves". Alot more.

Posted by Pinefresh

That first music track is also in Kerbal Space Program when you get to space, public domain music always pops up in the weirdest places

Thank you! It sounded incredibly familiar and I couldn't place it.

Posted by foomanfat

Watching those levels spin did terrible things to my head.

Posted by Subracore

Edited by SuperJoe

Jeff isn't here to drop an MC Shan reference. As far as gameplay, this would be 10x more fun coop with one person rotating the map while the other controls the guy.

Posted by GeneralZod37

I remember talking to the developer of this at PAX, and he wasn't a douchebag. It looked really simple in concept, but well executed. I told him then that I would be buying the game, and I still will.

Posted by Andy_117

HA. They Bleed Pixels, Super Meat Boy, Dustforce. I'll take three kingdoms now.

Posted by ossuary

Is it just me or is the "embed" not working a lot of the time now? I keep getting links to just youtube.com/embed without the video's ID in the link, for probably 75-85% of the videos that get posted. Anybody else seeing this?

Edited by ArtisanBreads

OH MY GOD USUAL SUSPECTS SPOILERS

Edited by Venatio
@branthog said:

I want to see Drew or Vinny or someone do a quicklook of that awful-looking not-a-game that just launched on Steam, recently -- "Bientôt l’été".

Bientôt l’été is a videogame for two players. Two players who pretend to be lovers. They pretend to be lovers separated from each other by lightyears of deep space. They have lonely walks along the shore of a simulated ocean, thinking wistful thoughts of each other. Thoughts from ancient Earth literature by Marguerite Duras.

They were talking about doing it in ILM, I know they're a bit starved for content so I still hope it happens, that game is weird

Posted by Milkman

I will never play this game but I'm glad it exists.

Posted by yyZiggurat

I love M. C. Escher's illustrations. This game looks really cool.

Posted by marbleCmoney

Looks neat.

Posted by Darthozzan

I kind of want to try speedrunning this ^^

Edited by Aegon

The music is great. It does indeed sound like a lead up to or something that would play during a revelatory part of a movie.

Posted by Tarsier

well that was kind of gross. .

Posted by Soviut

Totally lost it when they started narrating the Crysis 3 intro! I had to pause the video to wipe away the tears that was so funny.

The game looks sweet though.

Posted by gbrading

Braid meets And Yet It Moves.

Posted by subyman

Not really digging it. The art style is too similar to Braid, which would be okay if it didn't borrow so much from the game. As for the gameplay, I never cared for And Yet it Moves, so adding Braid's time mechanics to turning the map isn't sweetening the deal.

Posted by BluPotato

"The Menace'" is an awesome name.

Posted by bkbroiler

Excellent Tacoma Narrows burn.

Edited by Teoball

The music in this reminds me of The Longest Journey.

• 85 results