276 Comments
Posted by Hatsworth

I love Mark Cerny, he's like a friendly version of the childcatcher.

Edited by HerbieBug

@retrovirus said:

Loved the reactions from you guys. I would like to see this more often, like if Konami does another pre-E3 conference.

I want the entire crew to wear cameras pointed at their own faces for the duration of E3. I want to watch a stream of press conference and watch a picture in picture of Jeff's face as he sits in the audience watching same press conference. FUTURE MEDIA. >_<

Posted by YOUNGLINK

Watched this twice. Live and once again after. 6 hours of the PS4 and i'm already tired of it.

Posted by NekuSakuraba

I've been too busy to watch this, finally have the time now. Lets do it!

Edited by Roomrunner

I can't get enough of the Sucker Punch sadman.

Posted by a_beluga_whale

"Bring back fucking Drive Club guy, let him jizz on some cars."

-Ryan Davis

That Sucker Punch dude just needed a single tear running down his cheek to hit overdramatic presenter perfection. Wow.

Edited by kingopork

While I love the GB guys, they talked wayyyy too much over the main presentation. Watching Brad strain to hear while new features are being rattled off made me feel terrible for him. They definitely needed to know when to joke and when to listen. It came off as dismissive and disrespectful in a lot of ways.

GB rules, but it makes me glad I was watching the live stream elsewhere. It had the teenagers behind me in the theater feel.

Posted by mason20

Not too seem overly down on media molecule as brad expected but that video they showed really reminded me of Wii music with how people in the background interacted with it. True there may be more to it and I hope so.. Though, I am very hopefully this works out for them.

Posted by HaltIamReptar

@mason20 said:

Not too seem overly down on media molecule as brad expected but that video they showed really reminded me of Wii music with how people in the background interacted with it. True there may be more to it and I hope so.. Though, I am very hopefully this works out for them.

Dude, you nailed it. I was thinking the exact same thing, and I'm surprised neither the crew watching nor anybody here mentioned it.

Posted by avidwriter

So yea don't buy anything on PSN until PS4 comes out. GG Sony.

Posted by artofwar420

I love how the new player/website is able to remember and resume the video playback where I left off. Awesome stuff!

Posted by Hazelnuttz

HOw do you make the track bar on the video go away??

Posted by NekuSakuraba

Man, I'm so happy with those conference. Glad they showed off so many games and everything looks great so far. Sony nailed it.

Posted by KlUMZeE

Damn good presentation, big props to Sony.

Posted by TheVeteran13

I am transfixed by Drews posture.

Posted by CptMorganCA

Jeez Patrick, you know you don't have to take every opportunity you can to make a cynical comment about everything, right? I mean, you do notice you're the only one doing it while everyone just watches the presentation, right?

I love you man, but cool it. That beard is giving you too much confidence :)

Edited by Agent47CSim2

@rvone said:

@truthtellah said:

...and then, I saw the end of it all.

(click to lose all hope)

AHAHAHA!! I love the caption; great job!

Damn it's not working for me! :(

Posted by SomeJerk

I guess everyone's PSN accounts and PS3s will explode the moment the PS4 arrives.

It's a miracle people stupid enough to believe that manage to post on the internet.

Posted by GunsAreDrawn

After seeing that screencap i'm actually starting to think that they tried to do a little apocalypse now reference on purpose

Posted by Bell_End

i usually love and watch everything the guy put out.

but i found the talking over the other people talking just really annoying. so i went and watched it on GT where i could hear what was being said.

Posted by Bombzinski

God damnit davis cage don't you dare hop playstation 3 yet, you've basically only made heavy rain and now you're already retooling for the next next gen?

Edited by crcruz3

@jayzz said:

@gaftra said:

Is there anything about the hardware that doesn't tell me that I should just stick with my pc and go with ports? It seems like the are moving over to more compatible hardware for games to be developed for both.

I freely admit that I am not very hardware literate so this may not be the case. I do know that watching the announcement videos and then watching the Crysis 3 QL lets me know that there isn't anything happening on a console by the end of the year that a PC can't do now.

Yeah, makes me think the same thing. I hate to say it but PC master race? PC master race...

... and I kinda love unboxing new video cards.. :D

As a real master you should command your slaves to give you the exclusives that you can't play today on PC.

Posted by Rodiard

Mark Cerny looks like he hasn't slept in months.

Posted by Dberg

I understand that this is the Internet so some of you people are literally too socially maladjusted to keep your vitriol to yourself, but this had to be said anyway: You dislike a guy on the site, get over it.

Posted by KittyVonDoom

Brad's performance of jaded PC elitist was so natural!

Posted by Duffyside

I know the GB guys aren't big on user feedback when it comes to their content, but I can always hope:

I enjoyed the hell out of this thing... afterwards. I was excited to watch it live, but put it on mute after about two minutes. I kept coming back, hoping they would be picking their shots for talking a little better, but unfortunately that didn't really happen.

Hopefully for future big news done live they can hold their otherwise enjoyable commentary for the downtime. I really do look forward to experiencing these things live and coupled with my favorite web site, but the big news does take priority if I have to choose.

Posted by BRNK

@chogi said:

This site needs to hire a Shane Bettenhaussen type of character, who is unfairly biased to Sony products. You know, just to balance things out.

I was going to make a joke about how they should hire him on to hype Ignition joints... but the motherfucker works at Sony now. Also, the Sony vs. MS thing is oooooooold news. Who cares?!?

Posted by Mister_V

Really enjoyed this. You guys should do this again if the opportunity presents itself. Also really enjoyed Patrick on this ( i seem to be the minority) Every gaming press conference needs to be met with a healthy amount of cynicism.

Edited by juice8367

I had to stop too. They kept talking over the information just so he pcould make a joke then ask "what did he say?" plus Patrick being straight up dismissive about almost everything they announced was getting really annoying.

My fault I guess. I should have watched it vanilla before checking out the guys commentary.

Posted by MiniPato

@dberg said:

I understand that this is the Internet so some of you people are literally too socially maladjusted to keep your vitriol to yourself, but this had to be said anyway: You dislike a guy on the site, get over it.

Cause it being a website makes it less real than a talk show, sports show, or radio show right? Giant Bomb is a personality centric website and all their entertainment revolves around that. They themselves are acknowledging that videogame coverage is all about personalities more than games now. So if people take issue with someone's personality on a website that's all about personality, I'd say that's something worth complaining about.

Posted by Dberg

@minipato said:

@dberg said:

Cause it being a website makes it less real than a talk show, sports show, or radio show right? Giant Bomb is a personality centric website and all their entertainment revolves around that. They themselves are acknowledging that videogame coverage is all about personalities more than games now. So if people take issue with someone's personality on a website that's all about personality, I'd say that's something worth complaining about.

It's akin to sitting in the audience at one of those shows and booing.

Posted by DanTheGamer32

@cptmorganca: hey, the dude's probably cranky from his broken collar bone :P so umm... throw him a bone? (terrible pun)

Posted by pmurph

I love pretty much everything on the site, but this was pretty annoying. I can only imagine how it would have been if i hadn't just watched a live stream of the conference beforehand. Just a little feedback but it did kind of get annoying when you could hear literally nothing.

Apart from that, keep up the good work.

Posted by ptys

Understand you guys wanting to put your stamp on the content, but the overlapping commentary was just distracting, couldn't watch.

Edited by SeanFoster

@ptys said:

Understand you guys wanting to put your stamp on the content, but the overlapping commentary was just distracting, couldn't watch.

Welcome to GiantBomb.

Posted by PipeAndSlippers

It would be cool if you could do this for E3, where you didn't talk but we still got picture-in-picture of your silent nodding faces, I think that would be ideal.

Posted by Mrbagdt

Whatever, I liked it. If you didn't want commentary or something to laugh at why the hell would you bother watching it here?

Edited by Brackynews
@danthegamer32 said:

hey, the dude's probably cranky from his broken collar bone :P so umm... throw him a bone? (terrible pun)

Yep. Gonna hafta coll you on that one. ;p

@dberg said:

It's akin to sitting in the audience at one of those shows and booing.

That happens too. Heckling is a popular thing, it's MST3K, it's Twitter, it's Reddit, it's Jonathan Blow, it's Pachter, it's Quick Looks, and it's the comment section for videos. I personally don't like being uppity and dismissive about anyone in front of the camera, because they didn't get there for nothin', but I recognise we as users are not expected to be a laugh track.

Everybody loving everybody wouldn't be realistic either. It would be weird.

Posted by csl316

Here's Square screwing around with their tech demo in real time. Seems pretty legit to me:

Posted by onarum

Is the streaming player working like shit for anyone else? for me it locks up every 10 seconds or so.... even though I do a speed test and still have like 80% of my bancwidth available...

Edited by bledsoe9mm

after watching second son and watch dogs i was terrified of the playstation eye

Edited by Orbitz89

@mofaz said:

David Cage is an insufferable sack of shit.

I laughed so hard at this.. Right on, brother.

Posted by RE_Player1

@orbitz89 said:

@mofaz said:

David Cage is an insufferable sack of shit.

I laughed so hard at this.. Right on, brother.

Yeah totally dude. People who want to make games that don't appeal to my taste and have different philosophies are pieces of shit!

Posted by KittyVonDoom

<3 Vinny's Psycho Mantis reference!