276 Comments
Posted by peritus

Still waiting on most of those promised features. But this video will keep me entertained while i wait!

Posted by TheNoseBear

Video game developers are weird people...

Posted by dekinblues

wow a year already. way to change the game sony.

Edited by Trilogy

The birth of the scoop's-tee. You can barely even see it.

Edited by CptMorganCA

Watching this over again because I wanted to see some Ryan.

Just now noticing how godamn cynical Patrick was about everything they mentioned. It was pretty off-putting. Everyone expects a certain amount of cynicism and fun-poking from the GB guys, but constantly Patrick was the Debby Downer of everything, rarely positively commenting on anything.

Came across as cheesy and lame. I love the guy, but hot damn that was annoying.

Edited by ZmillA

Watching to get myself ready for launch tonight

Edited by savetocloud

Watching again.

Edited by HiCZoK

so much hype and I am rewatching it !

Posted by Odinez

Is... is that a gun by drew's leg?

Posted by Max_Cherry

Now, this is more like it.

Posted by SeriousSgtStu

I Love how no one said shit about fucking television or sports, just good games and the console. Nothing more needed. I can't wait for E3, and I hope the XBone can pull something coherent together, because at this point Sony have been presented with the next generation on a silver platter curtsey of Microsoft's arrogance.

Posted by Zero_

Watching this again, much better than the XONE reveal. Not just from a content/focus perspective, but from purely an attention keeping one.

Posted by Zevvion

Not writing off Microsoft yet. I still believe they will offer great games on their system. But they better be preparing right now on how to blow me away at E3.

If they miss the E3 oppertunity, I'm not so sure they'll have another chance like that to sway people's perception.

Posted by Oddballs

The Xbox One reveal just made me want to re-watch this again. So, here I am.

Posted by AlexanderSheen

Some people say that MS opened with the home entertainment stuff so they can focus on the games at E3. Maybe they got the necessary crap out of the way but that doesn't make a good first impression. Now most people associate the PS with games and Xbox with... something like this:

MS has to put on a really good show at E3 to fix this. We'll see.

Posted by Nilazz

Watching this makes me realizes even more how lacking the xbox one reveal was, Microsoft really dropped the ball.

Posted by BestUsernameEver

I was initially impressed by this conference when it happened, now it's just that much more promising after Microsoft's showing.

Edited by mrfluke

I had to watch this again after Microsofts reveal. This one was so much better.

yep, i really really hope sony doesnt blow their chances of dealing a powerful blow to microsoft.

Edited by insane_shadowblade85

I had to watch this again after Microsofts reveal. This one was so much better.

Edited by The_Grindilow

The drive club guy still makes me crack up laughing. Still can't get over how much that dude loves cars

Posted by agentmaine
Edited by ZmillA

I've watched this so many times

Edited by Marokai

After rewatching this, I've noticed that Brad's behavior during the stream is one of the classic cases of someone so obsessed with getting every bit of information about something by barely keeping his nose out of his laptop and phone, that he actually routinely misses details from the actual presentation he is trying to listen to the feedback from. Don't let twitter take over your lives, kids.

Edited by Xymox

Some of this stuff is really exiting. Sony basically slapped some gaming companies on the cheek for hunting down let's players on youtube and made it a fundamental part of their system to stream gameplay. Mad props for that. Good to see a company that understands how the information age works. They could just as easily have pushed the copyright agenda forward and onto new heights.

Push X to try game, buy if you like it? Yeah, if this stuff works well, it could be pretty cool. Not really liking the idea of the system wasting download time on stuff I "might" like and the "friend bought this game" spam. If you're gonna frontload that stuff and say "come play this game too!" I don't expect to pay for the game to try it and play with the friend who bought it, just like how Age of Empires worked or as if I physically came over to the person who bought it.

Posted by Lord_Xp

Thank god there wasn't a drinking game where you take a shot for every bit of lag that had happened.

Posted by reelife

@msavo: right on brother. I feel sorry for David Cage...

Posted by KittyVonDoom

<3 Vinny's Psycho Mantis reference!

Posted by RE_Player1

@orbitz89 said:

@mofaz said:

David Cage is an insufferable sack of shit.

I laughed so hard at this.. Right on, brother.

Yeah totally dude. People who want to make games that don't appeal to my taste and have different philosophies are pieces of shit!

Edited by Orbitz89

@mofaz said:

David Cage is an insufferable sack of shit.

I laughed so hard at this.. Right on, brother.

Edited by bledsoe9mm

after watching second son and watch dogs i was terrified of the playstation eye

Posted by onarum

Is the streaming player working like shit for anyone else? for me it locks up every 10 seconds or so.... even though I do a speed test and still have like 80% of my bancwidth available...

Posted by csl316

Here's Square screwing around with their tech demo in real time. Seems pretty legit to me:

Edited by Brackynews
@danthegamer32 said:

hey, the dude's probably cranky from his broken collar bone :P so umm... throw him a bone? (terrible pun)

Yep. Gonna hafta coll you on that one. ;p

@dberg said:

It's akin to sitting in the audience at one of those shows and booing.

That happens too. Heckling is a popular thing, it's MST3K, it's Twitter, it's Reddit, it's Jonathan Blow, it's Pachter, it's Quick Looks, and it's the comment section for videos. I personally don't like being uppity and dismissive about anyone in front of the camera, because they didn't get there for nothin', but I recognise we as users are not expected to be a laugh track.

Everybody loving everybody wouldn't be realistic either. It would be weird.

Posted by Mrbagdt

Whatever, I liked it. If you didn't want commentary or something to laugh at why the hell would you bother watching it here?

Posted by PipeAndSlippers

It would be cool if you could do this for E3, where you didn't talk but we still got picture-in-picture of your silent nodding faces, I think that would be ideal.

Edited by SeanFoster

@ptys said:

Understand you guys wanting to put your stamp on the content, but the overlapping commentary was just distracting, couldn't watch.

Welcome to GiantBomb.

Posted by ptys

Understand you guys wanting to put your stamp on the content, but the overlapping commentary was just distracting, couldn't watch.

Posted by pmurph

I love pretty much everything on the site, but this was pretty annoying. I can only imagine how it would have been if i hadn't just watched a live stream of the conference beforehand. Just a little feedback but it did kind of get annoying when you could hear literally nothing.

Apart from that, keep up the good work.

Posted by DanTheGamer32

@cptmorganca: hey, the dude's probably cranky from his broken collar bone :P so umm... throw him a bone? (terrible pun)

Posted by Dberg

@minipato said:

@dberg said:

I understand that this is the Internet so some of you people are literally too socially maladjusted to keep your vitriol to yourself, but this had to be said anyway: You dislike a guy on the site, get over it.

Cause it being a website makes it less real than a talk show, sports show, or radio show right? Giant Bomb is a personality centric website and all their entertainment revolves around that. They themselves are acknowledging that videogame coverage is all about personalities more than games now. So if people take issue with someone's personality on a website that's all about personality, I'd say that's something worth complaining about.

It's akin to sitting in the audience at one of those shows and booing.

Posted by MiniPato

@dberg said:

I understand that this is the Internet so some of you people are literally too socially maladjusted to keep your vitriol to yourself, but this had to be said anyway: You dislike a guy on the site, get over it.

Cause it being a website makes it less real than a talk show, sports show, or radio show right? Giant Bomb is a personality centric website and all their entertainment revolves around that. They themselves are acknowledging that videogame coverage is all about personalities more than games now. So if people take issue with someone's personality on a website that's all about personality, I'd say that's something worth complaining about.

Edited by juice8367

I had to stop too. They kept talking over the information just so he pcould make a joke then ask "what did he say?" plus Patrick being straight up dismissive about almost everything they announced was getting really annoying.

My fault I guess. I should have watched it vanilla before checking out the guys commentary.

Posted by Mister_V

Really enjoyed this. You guys should do this again if the opportunity presents itself. Also really enjoyed Patrick on this ( i seem to be the minority) Every gaming press conference needs to be met with a healthy amount of cynicism.

Posted by BRNK

@chogi said:

This site needs to hire a Shane Bettenhaussen type of character, who is unfairly biased to Sony products. You know, just to balance things out.

I was going to make a joke about how they should hire him on to hype Ignition joints... but the motherfucker works at Sony now. Also, the Sony vs. MS thing is oooooooold news. Who cares?!?

Posted by Duffyside

I know the GB guys aren't big on user feedback when it comes to their content, but I can always hope:

I enjoyed the hell out of this thing... afterwards. I was excited to watch it live, but put it on mute after about two minutes. I kept coming back, hoping they would be picking their shots for talking a little better, but unfortunately that didn't really happen.

Hopefully for future big news done live they can hold their otherwise enjoyable commentary for the downtime. I really do look forward to experiencing these things live and coupled with my favorite web site, but the big news does take priority if I have to choose.

Posted by KittyVonDoom

Brad's performance of jaded PC elitist was so natural!

Posted by Dberg

Posted by Rodiard

Mark Cerny looks like he hasn't slept in months.