44 Comments
Posted by ajamafalous

Game definitely looks awesome.

Edited by Max_Cherry

I going to go ahead and be a dick. (To guy typing with the use of one arm) Ummm... It's spelled "hardWare."

Posted by Zero_

Okay - I'm surprised and genuinely excited that there's a game that's not so realistic and visceral, channeling those early Playstation 1/Rare days is great.

Posted by ManiacalMech

It looks like an awesome Pixar movie. And I'm more than okay with that.

Posted by sixpin

The visuals are nice, but I don't see much to get excited over. It looks like a pretty straight forward beat-em-up with the added gimmick of making yourself bigger or smaller. Maybe it will be great, but I'm not convinced yet.

Posted by TheHT

Looks fantastic!

Posted by SlashDance

Mark Cerny is my new favorite person.

Posted by big_jon

Weird.

Posted by TwoArmed

All the blue bits (were they the Playstation button icons?) falling all over that city in that tech demo = Knack being able to get smaller by having his parts break off of him in a bunch of little bits, or bigger by having all the little bits form together. Hopefully the game actually ends up being good.

Posted by MocBucket62

I have to attempt, this is probably the one PS4 game I'm most excited for right now.

Posted by indieslaw

I've been waiting years for my Plok remake. I just can't believe it's finally happening. Also, some of the buildings Knack looked like s/he was going into didn't look especially... orcish.

Posted by metalsnakezero

Yeah, me too. I can get behind this.

Posted by Zeemod

If it goes off without a hitch, I could see it being the new Ratchet & Clank. I'm just glad there's a new IP in the cartoony-3d-adventure-game realm.

Posted by icytower38

This could be cool, if I get the PS4 I may just have to check this out.

Posted by ShadowKnight508

Looks fantastic. Will be a day one purchase once it launches for the PS4.

Posted by TurboMan

This is the sleeper hit to me... I'm glad Sony's showing original IP's that isn't FPS's for their new console.

Posted by LiquidSwords

Excited about this title, can't wait to see more of this! Might be the game no one plays :(

Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam

Our best = Jennifer Hale.

Posted by fantomspower

Exactly what I was thinking. Has a very Pixar-like plot, and the concept is pretty cool.

Edited by Draxyle

While I'm exciting for the PS4, I have very little interest in the specific titles they unveiled today (all sequels or successors to franchises I have no investment in). But this one, this one might be one to watch.

I was really impressed with Sony restraining themselves and not showing something ultra gritty or realistic as their first demo. This is what I want to see with new tech; not the pores on people's faces.

Posted by Plasticpals

The actual game play sequences shown looked totally generic and boring, reminded me a lot of Ratchet and Clank with just slightly better graphics.

Posted by paulmako

Knack!!!

Posted by JacDG

If it goes off without a hitch, I could see it being the new Ratchet & Clank. I'm just glad there's a new IP in the cartoony-3d-adventure-game realm.

Exactly my thoughts, I need more of that genre, it's my all time favorite. This looks like it could potentially be pretty awesome.

Posted by WolfHazard

This looks like a better Pixar movie than a game

Posted by hollitz

The video kind of won me over by the end. It definitely has a personality to it.

Edited by groverat

Little fool looks like Ganondorf from Wind Waker.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

Looks awesome, and I'm smitten by it's charming art direction.

Posted by SSully

I have to attempt, this is probably the one PS4 game I'm most excited for right now.

Holy shit you aren't kidding. I missed this part of the press confrerence and it is easily my favorite thing shown.

Posted by slayergnome

@sixpin said:

The visuals are nice, but I don't see much to get excited over. It looks like a pretty straight forward beat-em-up with the added gimmick of making yourself bigger or smaller. Maybe it will be great, but I'm not convinced yet.

Well it looks more like a platformer than a beat em up. But I don't think I have played a really solid first party platformer in a long time, so If it is done well I am pretty excited. And hey at least it is not a reboot.

Posted by King9999

The art style reminds me of a Pixar movie.

Edited by MeatSim

Hey it's a new game at least, and not some existing franchise.

Posted by muralbat

Can't really make a judgement on the little I've seen but I'm loving that art style!

Edited by Cold_Wolven

Really liking the art style of the game and the game play is interesting enough that the physics of the game lends itself to both action and puzzle solving.

Edited by mrcraggle

I was pretty shocked that this was Sony's first major reveal for the PS4. It's the quite charming looking game that stresses its art style over graphical fidelity like we saw with many of the others. I can see where this does use that extra power though as the graphics themselves do look incredibly sharp and colourful and use physics for the main character.

Edited by Coleslaw893

Love the look of this. Hope it turns out well.

Edited by RudeTrooper

Posted by BuddhasEarlobe

I'm glade there are 3d rendered games with an art style again

Posted by zoozilla

Is this real-time?

My brain can't process this as real-time.

Edited by daz31572

I don't know why but while watching it, Knack falling apart made me think of Neverdead!

Edited by devilzrule27

These are the types of Sony games I really love. This was easily the most exciting game I saw at the conference.

And that knack character just screams PS4 mascot. Move over sackboy!

Posted by ghostNPC

Looks spectacular. A pity the soundtrack sounds like garbage.