Log in or sign up to comment
73 Comments
  • 73 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by WMoyer83

What is this PS4 I have heard so much about??

Posted by dropabombonit

I'm all in on the PS4 hype train and I was not for buying one before the event

Posted by Seb
Posted by megalowho

Good show this week, MGS must have been a fun project. And finally, no more eight-four in the drop down! Truly a momentous occasion.

Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror

@doe3879 said:

Where's the Dark Souls cast : (

Yeah I'm waiting for that one too (I secretly hope they also get epicnamebro for it too)

Edited by Brackynews
@happypup70 said:

This is my first time listening I want to know who you are before I care about what you think!

Open thy heart and thou shalt be converted to a disciple of the Gaming Jesus.

@walter_sobchak: Fair enough, but just pretend it's playing from side B. ;) All the best players I owned were auto-reverse.

Posted by ConduitFourSale

Big 8-4 and PS3/PS4 fan and I had to turn this slurp-fest off about 1/3 of the way through. I think that these guys are way out of touch on what most gamers want.

Edited by CptBedlam

@conduitfoursale said:

Big 8-4 and PS3/PS4 fan and I had to turn this slurp-fest off about 1/3 of the way through. I think that these guys are way out of touch on what most gamers want.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The talk was great.

My advice: try not to get pissed off just because someone doesn't share your opinion.

Posted by darkmagus517

Pretty awesome episode. Looks like I have another podcast to subscribe to.

Edited by development

Good 'cast, but saying you don't understand people's awe for Deep Down is craaaazy. It shows just how amazing games could look on this platform (IF any of that is actually possible).

Posted by Sless

This is one of those episodes where they get weirdly critical and dismissive of a lot of things for no real reason ("This David Cage tech demo is TOO SERIOUS"; "Killzone and Crysis are 'technical achievement: the game'"; "man they talked way too long before each game"; "infamous just doesn't click, generic superhero" etc. etc.). These guys have so much better chemistry and rapport and just are more interesting to listen to when they don't get into cynic mode.

Edited by RaidenMitsuru

First off Mark, CHICK FIL A waffel fries molest the hell out of anything that In N Out makes nowadays. It was a lot better 10 years ago. I feel MOSS Burger in Japan is much MUCH better!

Also the analog port on the back of the PS4 is going to be the same AV port we have had since the PS1.

Edited by paulunga

I don't care about backwards compatibility anymore. I used to until I realized that 1) I still have my PS2 and Dreamcast and 2) I rarely go back to playing those old games and there are almost no PS3 games I'm interested in re-visiting.

Edit: You should've shit on David Cage more. Worst thing to ever happen to videogames. Like a somehow more pretentious Molyneux.

Posted by Curufinwe

@doe3879 said:

Where's the Dark Souls cast : (

REtrospective part 2 should happen first.

Posted by Laiv162560asse

'Big British Castle' was used by British presenters Adam & Joe as a jokey was of referring to the BBC in most of their radio shows. I'm pretty sure that's where your intern (forgot his name, sorry) picked it up.

Adam & Joe are amazing FWIW. Their podcasts, BBC and XFM radio shows are well worth digging around for and checking out. They've also done two TV series, including 'Adam & Joe Go Tokyo', where they indulged their interest in Japan, so there's some overlap with 8-4 Play.

Edited by DedBeet

@sless said:

This is one of those episodes where they get weirdly critical and dismissive of a lot of things for no real reason ("This David Cage tech demo is TOO SERIOUS"; "Killzone and Crysis are 'technical achievement: the game'"; "man they talked way too long before each game"; "infamous just doesn't click, generic superhero" etc. etc.). These guys have so much better chemistry and rapport and just are more interesting to listen to when they don't get into cynic mode.

You said it so I don't have to. I'm really struggling trying to get through this podcast.

Posted by sprsk

@mrfluke: Aha! I see it. I'll give brendon the proper flogging later.

Posted by Duffyside

These kind of blow-out podcasts are the best. Gonna be a fun year.

Edited by Peanut

Dudes have way too much faith in most of the announced features of the PS4 actually working.

Edited by Undeadpool

@conduitfoursale said:

Big 8-4 and PS3/PS4 fan and I had to turn this slurp-fest off about 1/3 of the way through. I think that these guys are way out of touch on what most gamers want.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The talk was great.

My advice: try not to get pissed off just because someone doesn't share your opinion.

But it's so safe and warm in the echo chamber...

Posted by BisonHero

@dedbeet said:

@sless said:

This is one of those episodes where they get weirdly critical and dismissive of a lot of things for no real reason ("This David Cage tech demo is TOO SERIOUS"; "Killzone and Crysis are 'technical achievement: the game'"; "man they talked way too long before each game"; "infamous just doesn't click, generic superhero" etc. etc.). These guys have so much better chemistry and rapport and just are more interesting to listen to when they don't get into cynic mode.

You said it so I don't have to. I'm really struggling trying to get through this podcast.

I sure did love the part where Mark MacDonald argued for like 3 minutes that anybody who didn't get a boner over Deep Down is objectively wrong. Oh wait, no I did not.

Comparison: Jeff Gerstmann is also opinionated as fuck, and will arbitrarily be dismissive of NiGHTS or Red Dead Redemption or whatever, but he manages to make his point in about 30 seconds, and if anybody disagrees, he just goes "Psssssssssh", then the podcast ACTUALLY MOVES ON.

Mark just constantly tries to berate anyone who disagrees with him (basically any of the guys; Hiroko bails on episodes so quickly and is so agreeable I don't think they've ever argued), and it spirals into this 3-5 minute argument that sounds like it is between two 15-year-olds.

He is basically a terrible host, in that he is the most likely of all of them to completely derail the podcast, and all for a stupid, petty point that he refuses to give up until his "opponent" relents, or someone has the good sense to point out how stupid the argument is because Mark himself is terrible at coming to this realization.

Online
Posted by Dan_CiTi

Braid had a bad art style? What the fuck? Braid is easily one of the best looking games ever made.