182 Comments
  • 182 results
Posted by development

First iOS quick look? Am I missing something?

it's their third.

Posted by das9000

Ugh... sometimes that weird voice that Vinny does to voice written dialog is just ... ahem ... out of place, such as at the start. This is probably the only quick look where he was a liability more than an asset in my opinion.

Fuck, I don't own an ios device, but I would play this if I could.

Posted by cthomer5000

First iOS quick look? Am I missing something?

I think they mistakenly said it a second time at one point, but now it's just a running gag.

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

Vinny: Momma Klump impersonator.

Posted by ICantBeStopped

Put it on Vita or Android and I'd play it.

Edited by LTSmash

The woman in the windmill sounds like Mr. Hankey.

Posted by LarryDavis

@bigd145 said:

UnrealWorld has taught me I should go into the woods.

UnrealWorld taught us all a lot of things.

Posted by evanbower

I don't see anything special about this. :|

That's cause you aren't ready to see it.

Posted by Reisz

This game really badly makes me want to look down.

Edited by namesonkel

Touching owls in the forests of Sweden will bring you nothing good.

Posted by MarkWahlberg

New Premium video idea: Vinny reads children's books doing silly voices and stuff.

Edited by Jack_Lafayette

Dammit, I was totally expecting the huldra to go all messed-up when she first appeared, but I had forgotten by the time she showed up again.

Edited by development

@ltsmash said:

The woman in the windmill sounds like Mr. Hankey.

When the other lady flew towards the screen it looked like something out of South Park to me, and because of that I couldn't be scared by it. Comical, if anything.

Edited by SleepyDoughnut

This game might be good or it might not be, either way Brad does a terrible job of showing it off.

Edit: This game gets interesting 25 min into the quick look

Posted by CptMorganCA

@mbr2 said:

@voshinova said:

God this game is douche-y, I understand that iOS games are games too, but this is hardly a good time.

Limbo was beautiful because it's eeriness was backed up by a game - this is just lame.

More to the point, the way Brad turns fanboy is very unappealing.

No. Just because you don't like it doesn't make you shitting on it and Brad justified and comparing it to Limbo just makes you look more like an idiot.

In reference to Vishinova: I don't think I quite understand what you're saying, but it sounds like a game can't be beautiful if it plays rather simplistically, like this. I don't see the logic in that. It's understandable to not want to play a game like this, but to say it's incapable of being 'beautiful' because of its gameplay is really weird to me.

Presentation and Gameplay can definitely compliment each other, but they can also stand on their own.

Posted by FierceDeity

@rox360 said:
@mnzy said:

@fatalbanana said:

@mnzy said:

@fminus said:

22 minutes into this quick look and i still haven't seen a puzzle solved or progress, just left right, back to the starting point, back to the fingerprint stone 50 times and back to start... zZzzz I'd rather watch a quick look of Big Rigs.

Yep, pretty bad Quick Look so far.

The purpose of a quick look Is to be informative first and foremost not entertaining... if you want entertainment go watch the Farm Simulator quick look a few times with your tongue out while you drool. If you find interesting things boring then leave your comments on a site like you tube... it serves no purpose to leave it here. Anyway, game looks awesome gonna check it out.

Why are you implying that I'm talking about entertainment? In 20 minutes he barely moved the game forward. That is a bad way to show off what it's about and, hold on to your hats, not very informative.

But hey, you define it as interesting so I'm really sorry for feeling that way.

Maybe you should take your attitude and style of dicsussion to youtube, because that would be fitting.

Weird. I was completely sold on the style, setting and atmosphere after about ten minutes, and I thought Brad showed that off very well, alongside the seemingly very non-linear game world. I thought this was a great quick look. In fact, I'm going to link it to several friends of mine because I think they'll enjoy watching it even if they can't play the game.

Game seemed extremely linear to me. Puzzles have to be solved in a set order.

Posted by Phished0ne

Man, I could go for a Swedish witch right about now.

Edited by dvdwalker8

Look out, Nolan North. Vinny's gunning for your job. I love how Vinny always asks Dave or Drew about things like the difference between a cat's tracks and a dog's tracks. Also, I agree that the musical bit was reminiscent of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory's "Pure Imagination" song.

Posted by MrBubbles

I would love to buy this if it came out for android.

Posted by Tsuchikage

That one part freaked me out! Between this game and The Room, I'm really glad Giant Bomb is doing these iOS game Quick Looks--they're cluing me in to awesome games I wouldn't have given a darn about otherwise.

Posted by Disconnect

I know this is not a very original opinion/tought, but Vinny is a funny motherfucker.

Also, as someone from Sweden, this game is oddly Swedish.

Posted by Matoyak

I'm American and I don't even think we have folklore.

Huh. Really? Dunno, maybe it's a city-vs-rural thing, but folklore was very common in the sticks where I grew up, and urban legends even more so even after I did move to the city (and I'd classify that as folklore, just more modern-day)

Posted by ThreeRoneC

Vinny is the best. Plain and simple.

Posted by corgan126

I may be totally wrong, but at 13:07 Vinny says, "Hit the share button." Didn't they record this before the PS4 release date? ... Dunn dunn duuuuuuuuunnnn.

Posted by paulunga

Man, I could go for a Swedish witch right about now.

I'm not sure if that's a candy bar or slang for drugs. Both?

Posted by Hassun

Brad humming along with the game was a great moment.

One of the first and very few games which makes me disappointed not to have an iOS device.

I hope it comes to PC.

Posted by fisk0

I may be totally wrong, but at 13:07 Vinny says, "Hit the share button." Didn't they record this before the PS4 release date? ... Dunn dunn duuuuuuuuunnnn.

Could be a reference to that a lot of iOS games that have in-game share buttons for advertising the game on your twitter or facebook feeds, but the share button on the PS4 controller was rumored a few weeks ago when someone leaked images of a devkit too.

Posted by cikame

Great to see a game which realises you don't have to be straight scary to be scary.

Posted by Marzy

Hopefully it will come to Android.

Posted by selbie

Vinny Caravella - founding member of Monty Python 2.0

Posted by Spaceyoghurt

Huh, just had to see the red house with the white corners to understand that this must take place somewhere in Sweden. :D

Posted by RageGoblin

Looks like a dumb phone game to me.

Posted by retsub101

Reminds me of an old UK schnapps ad.

This one in fact.

Posted by Krathoon

God forbid someone makes a game like this for Android. Fortunately, this one will work on my iPod, unlike The Room.

Posted by MeatSim

The Swedish Witch makes candy that taste like pure salt, and tricks people into eating it.

Posted by Fistfulofmetal

I'm assuming there's a running in-joke in the iPad QL's where Brad tells Vinny it's their "first iPad QL!"

Posted by PulledaBrad

@matoyak said:

@tikicobra said:

I'm American and I don't even think we have folklore.

Huh. Really? Dunno, maybe it's a city-vs-rural thing, but folklore was very common in the sticks where I grew up, and urban legends even more so even after I did move to the city (and I'd classify that as folklore, just more modern-day)

Id like to introduce to you Manly Wade Wellman @Tikicobra

Posted by PulledaBrad

@meatsim said:

The Swedish Witch makes candy that taste like pure salt, and tricks people into eating it.

The Swedish Witch is a real asshole then.

Posted by Winternet

I hope this gets to the PC eventually. Looks interesting.

Posted by WilyBoy

Brad's insistence on trying to find things he'd already done instead of just exploring - in a game that is clearly about just exploring - kind of ruined this QL. Game looks interesting though, too bad it's only on iOS :(

Edited by Kosayn

I really like games that mine obscure history, stories, or superstition for their subject matter. I think it's a good way to put the magic back in for people who've played a lot of games already.

Hope it'll be on Android or Steam. I'd rather not have to borrow an Ipad just for this game, especially with the potential of getting stuck on a puzzle. I want to play it, but not at the cost of ~$600 + $3.99.

Posted by KindOfBlue

That. Was. Awesome.

I'm so glad stuff like this is being made in this era of brown shooters.

Posted by sirdesmond

I love how they are all the first iOS Quick Look.

Posted by Sabata

I really hope they keep calling every iOS quick look their "first" iOS quick look.

Edited by Aegon

Ghoul has made a comeback!

Posted by DoctorWelch

I usually want to believe in games like this but past experiences with things like Sword and Sworcery have taught me to be super skeptical about these simple games that are all about look, music, and atmosphere. They attempt something cool, but usually end up being boring, pointless wastes of time.

Posted by Butler

I want them to tandem read something after Jeff finishes the breathtaking Space Jam.

Edited by Sevenout

@meatsim: Oh so that's who sent in all that Mailbag candy!

This and The Room really make me wish I had an iOS device to play them on. Not enough to go out and buy one, but I would like to play these games.

Posted by davidh219

@doctorwelch: Then artsy new-age adventure games probably aren't for you, so you should just stop trying to like them. I loved Sword & Sorcery, and I don't see how anyone who is into that type of game wouldn't, so you probably just don't like them as a whole, unless you can name a similar style of game that did "pull it off" in your mind. That said, this game does look boring as hell.

Edited by AndyPhifer

I stopped watching so I could buy it and play myself. That's a good sign.

• 182 results