145 Comments
  • 145 results
Posted by chilibean_3

oh man those character win portraits really are something

Edited by I_Stay_Puft

Sasquatches are naked like a Wookie. Sheeeesh you guys need to do more research at sasquatchapedia.

Edited by spartica
Posted by InformationHigh

No Gloomy Puppet Show?

Edited by MeatSim

Dave Lang clearly wrote all the tutorial text.

Edited by Milpool

VINNY IS BETTER THAN JEFF AT FIGHTING GAMES, ARGUMENT SETTLED.

Posted by BasketSnake

Couldn't come up with a better name than resurrection? Shove a battery in my ear and consider me shocked.

Edited by GrantHeaslip

A lot of the high res text looked like it was put together in MS Paint. The speed select was Comic Sans, and there was some nasty kerning in the win quotes. I’m not usually a snob about this stuff, but what the hell?

Posted by MalkavianJD

Please give me CvS2HD

Edited by Heartagram

For those interested both Alex Valle and James Chen do twitch tv shows in which they try to teach people how to play fighting games just check it out. It's called first attack and the channel is UltrachenTV. Both of these guys have been in the scene for years and are really knowledgeable and give helpful ideas. Valle's channel is LevelupLive, but he just started his show so there isn't as much available in the way of learning the game.

Edit: Just saw @Evelgest's post Exactly what he said there are plenty of people teaching basics if you want to learn.

Posted by mrfluke

i guarantee that capcom is using this to gauge interest on if to do another darkstalkers on next gen.

Posted by bcbowes

Its really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really nice to Darkstalkers back in the fray!

Posted by Mezmero

Ugh why couldn't they put those cool features in JJBA HD ver.? I always enjoyed the Darkstalkers games and the backgrounds are always awesome. Vinny in case you didn't know the character Hsien-ko is one of those Chinese hopping vampires that you love so much in the Sleeping Dogs DLC.

Posted by Goblin

IIRC, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift had really good tutorials that taught, not only controls and character-specific combos, but general fighting game theory as well.

It's a shame developers aren't trying harder to integrate this kind of stuff into the singleplayer campaign or something, where casual players would actually look.

Posted by JamieOD

Unlockable high score screens. Is the Darkstalkers franchise really that light when it comes to potential bonus content?

Posted by Homelessbird

I love Sasquatch.

Edited by ajamafalous

GUYS IS THAT LINKYSHINKS

Posted by Slab64

Fetus of God is my favorite Cannibal Corpse album.

Posted by Hansolol

Vinny's anti-airs are on point!

Posted by Pudge

I want to see one of these releases cover the Rival Schools series. Also, I have no idea how they figure it out, but Cyberbots. If any game needs more exposure (other than Jin in MvC) it's Cyberbots.

Posted by DeviTiffany

Sabrewulf is my favorite Darkstalker character.

Posted by DassoBrother

@bcbowes said:

Its really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really nice to Darkstalkers back in the fray!

It seems almost impossible but you accidentally a word.

Edited by Chainclaw

I wasn't a big fan of this series, I think largely because I first experienced it through the terrible cartoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZquKXyiXVQ

Posted by flasaltine

Quick Look: Clicking Sounds

Edited by Phished0ne

@milkman said:

oh shit, this is a Dave Lang joint?

Yuuuuuuup. Felicia and Hsien-Ko were never the same after they left the LANNNNNGGGGGG ZONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And just to remind everyone how awesome Dave Lang is and how much he is actually *into* the fghting game scene. One of the challenges (the one for throwing projectiles) is called "THAT PLASMA!". Plus, the trophy/achivement for getting 10 ranked match wins is called "YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW". <3 Dave Lang.

Posted by FLStyle

I'm beginning to think that fighting games are just one genre that will never suit Quick Looks. Or at least the standard style of video game website video previews.

The amount of people who are interested in Darkstalkers who this video won't benefit far outweighs the ones who it will.

Posted by Phished0ne

Also:

S-S-S-S-SOUL S-S-S-S-SOUL FIST SO-SO-SO-SOUL FIST

Someone needs to tell Jeff he's playing Morrigan wrong.

@flstyle said:

I'm beginning to think that fighting games are just one genre that will never suit Quick Looks. Or at least the standard style of video game website video previews.

The amount of people who are interested in Darkstalkers who this video won't benefit far outweighs the ones who it will.

I always hoped they would get more involved in the fgc and try to bring in players to help them demo the games.

Edited by DarkShaper

@pudge said:

I want to see one of these releases cover the Rival Schools series. Also, I have no idea how they figure it out, but Cyberbots. If any game needs more exposure (other than Jin in MvC) it's Cyberbots.

I love Cyberbots but it's not exactly what I would call a great fighting game. I feel like port of the PS1 version that is up on PSN is the most love it's going to get.

Posted by Dinosaurs

B.B. Hood is the best! Wish Capcom would have thrown these onto the PC. Also Vinny's pokes were off the hook.

Posted by peritus

@mrfluke said:

i guarantee that capcom is using this to gauge interest on if to do another darkstalkers on next gen.

Then we should all buy this!

Posted by Forcen
Posted by UltimAXE

Man, that main menu music is slick as hell.

Edited by MoonwalkSA

A lot of the high res text looked like it was put together in MS Paint. The speed select was Comic Sans, and there was some nasty kerning in the win quotes. I’m not usually a snob about this stuff, but what the hell?

Yeah, that looked like total garbage. They obviously shoved it in without even trying because they knew most of their audience would never use it.

Posted by laxbro19

Looks fairly pedestriam

Posted by colmarr

I sure hope you can unlock all the console characters on darkstalkers 3, because darkstalkers without donovan is not a darkstalker for me.

Edited by Simulacrum

SO DESU NE!

Posted by TzarStefan

J. Taliban rofl Vinny

Posted by DougQuaid

The job of Twitch seems to be to provide an outlet for people to beg for money for playing video games.

Edited by Alwaysrun

As fun as a prostate exam!

Posted by DarkbeatDK

"There she is! Lilith!"

Good to hear Vinny is down with that Delicious Flat Chest

Edited by lordofultima

@dougquaid: or perhaps, play games so people can watch. really not as malicious as you make it out to be.

Posted by ESREVER

@forcen said:

Oh yeah, they cant show buttons for the tutorial because Namco has patented that. Almost forgot about that.

They can still show the what buttons you need to push, not necessarily the timing they need to be pressed. I'm willing to bet there was an option to change from commands to buttons in the training options.

Also, I was promised Bat Lady (Morrigan) vs Cat Lady (Felicia) I am disappointed. :(

Posted by mellotronrules

i'd love a new darkstalkers- but i think i'd prefer a high-res 2D art style (a la blazblue) to 3D.

Edited by edgeCrusher

Yay for Darkstalkers, "ehh?" at the new art on the character select screen. Not sure if want. Darkstalkers has aged probably the best out of all Capcom's games, and redrawing the art seemed wholly unnecessary. Especially if you're only going to replace the character portraits. At least change the win screens like Jeff thought. Don't half-ass it, might as well go all ass.

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

Vinny talking about stereo panning and, at least watching on Youtube, I am pretty sure the audio is mono.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

@andrewb said:

Oh man, it's LinkyShinks!

never forget.

Edited by FLStyle

Also:

S-S-S-S-SOUL S-S-S-S-SOUL FIST SO-SO-SO-SOUL FIST

Someone needs to tell Jeff he's playing Morrigan wrong.

@flstyle said:

I always hoped they would get more involved in the fgc and try to bring in players to help them demo the games.

Would be nice, that way the game wouldn't be undersold to newcomers and wouldn't be antagonising to existing fans.

Posted by JJOR64

It's cool they are putting this out, but I really just don't care about Darkstalkers.

Edited by Yummylee

Woah, what?? Did anyone else catch the Ripper Roo laugh @18:31?

Posted by Crippl3

One of the challenges (the one for throwing projectiles) is called "THAT PLASMA!". Plus, the trophy/achivement for getting 10 ranked match wins is called "YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW". <3 Dave Lang.

That is fantastic. Set us free Spooby Dave Lang BibleThump

• 145 results