16 Comments
Edited by ITgeek

Great interview. The more I see those Divekick controllers, the more I want a set.

Edited by nate6858

Enjoyed the interview, nice job. I can't get enough Divekick, I want this game so much.

Edited by HellknightLeon

Dive... then kick. I get it... and I'm ready to do it! Let roll!

Posted by EpicSteve

@cimpy said:

Divekick was in Cincy and I missed it?! Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu...

Yep, In Cincinnati Mills.

Posted by bkbroiler

I saw Grim Fandango in the picture and now I see nothing. Where is the Calavera

Edited by siaynoq

I only clicked on this for Manny. Where's Manny?

Posted by EpicSteve
Posted by MrSpaceMan

Great interview!

Posted by StarvingGamer

@epicsteve: Ah yeah, that makes sense. I just thought she might have felt it would be unprofessional to say, "I got the job because I'm boning Keits" or something.

Edited by EpicSteve

@flstyle said:

EDIT 2: Good quality interview, I'd have never noticed it was "amateur" if I had found this elsewhere without prior knowledge. I personally didn't learn anything new for the Divekick wiki page, but it's a brilliant 13 minute introduction for people new to Divekick.

Thanks for the feedback. That was my first recorded interview and any feedback is great. Hopefully more to come.

Edited by EpicSteve

@starvinggamer said:

Great write up and I enjoyed the interview.

The entire time I was thinking, man, wasn't the artist of Divekick Keit's fiance? Wasn't her name Anna? Why does she keep talking around it so obliquely.

I guess nepotism?

I fucked up and our pre-interview was super in depth and we just kind hung out for an hour or two before the interview. So I got to know her and I feel like she might've felt like she was repeating herself to me and forgetting about the interview part and just thinking about talking to me. I learned for next time.

Like when I wanted her to clarify that she was engaged to the director I feel like she was thinking, "Yeah motherfucker you know that already!"

Posted by StarvingGamer

Great write up and I enjoyed the interview.

The entire time I was thinking, man, wasn't the artist of Divekick Keit's fiance? Wasn't her name Anna? Why does she keep talking around it so obliquely.

I guess nepotism?

Edited by FLStyle

@epicsteve: The "better to master 2 moves and to know 20,000" line is one of Dive's win quotes, not an Uncle Sensei loading screen tip. Good write-up otherwise, just listening to the audio now.

EDIT: The quote is better to master 2 moves than to know 20,000

EDIT 2: Good quality interview, I'd have never noticed it was "amateur" if I had found this elsewhere without prior knowledge. I personally didn't learn anything new for the Divekick wiki page, but it's a brilliant 13 minute introduction for people new to Divekick.

Posted by audioBusting

I didn't know those things were called Kickboxes. Now I want one, so I can tell my friends I kickbox.

Edited by Sgtpierceface

We need as much Dive Kick coverage as possible. Thanks!