937 Comments
Posted by Steve_C

The king is dead, long live the king!

Always appreciated your work Dave. Glad you'll still be around. Enjoy your dadliness. WIsh you all the best going forward.

Posted by familyphotoshoot

MATTHEW FUCKING RORIE BACK IN THE FUCKING HOUSE

Posted by Wraxend

Well from one adventure to biggest of them all, good luck and thanks for everything you've done Dave!

Posted by Jay_Ray

Damn, I am so conflicted! Happy and sad, no, know I am neutral. So meh.

Kidding aside @snide, you will be missed. Congratulations as a new father and I hope you well in the future!

Edited by mikeeegeee

This began as such a heartbreaking read. Dave, I would give you a standing ovation if I could. You're a huge reason I've been back to the site time and again over.. shit, four years or so. My hat is really off to you.

Then, Rorie?! Suddenly this is the most beautiful forum post I think I've read. Congratulations to everybody!

Posted by NoobSauceG7

This is kinda sad. We will miss you Dave!

Posted by CommonReason

Good luck to you Dave. Always enjoyed seeing you during features and stuff.

Posted by musicman1024

Oh man, what a sad day for us, and such a happy day for you.

Sure you'll make an amazing dad, and can't wait to see you start randomly popping up on streams :)

Posted by natetodamax

Thank you for all you've done Dave. Glad to see you'll try to pop in for podcasts and videos. Good luck in your future endeavors duder!

Posted by heat

This is crazy!

Posted by Bats

Aww Dave! =( I'm bummed that you are no longer actively employed here, but super glad that you are focusing on the important thing right now, the marriage and kids. I really do hope you can show up when you have the time because it won't be the same without you. Also jazzed that Rorie is gainfully employed again. It's is good this is bad this is good! It's all over the place.

I wish you the absolute best of luck tho!

Posted by Sackmanjones

I.... I'm so confused!

It's been awesome Dave, thank you for everything.

Welcome back puppy duder!

Posted by Swimm

Everything you did for this wonderful, ridiculous site, both behind the scenes and in front of the camera, made it that much more amazing. Thank you, and good luck with your future endeavors!

Edited by Bunkerface

I'm wearing my duder t-shirt while reading this, excited and sad at the same time.

But good luck to you and whatever you'll do in the future, just know that my two hardcore Dave t-shirts will be worn until I need to buy/bootleg two new ones.

Cheers,

Frank Dokter

Posted by HAL9000

Duder, you are going to be missed greatly, you've always been super helpful with whatever problems I've had on the site. Enjoy parenthood!

Posted by bigsmoke77

This is a great decision for Dave, it is a massive change for the site and sad, but the first couple months of a childs life is crazy and in my opinion something all parents should try and experience fully. I am assuming Dave got some well deserved chedder (income protection) out of the sale of WM so why spend time with these knuckle heads when he can grow up with his kid. Thanks for all your great and hard work dave and enjoy every second with Veronica because its going to flash by you.

Edited by chikin_n_rofls

HOLY FUCK! Thank you for everything, Dave. Can't wait to hear about what's next for you. Don't be a stranger!

Posted by Dethfish

but....but....T_T

Posted by Winternet

Also, how is this not in the front page?

Edited by A_Cute_Squirtle

Man. My heart is absolutely broken. I love Rorie, but I just want to give a sincere thanks to Dave for giving us such a fantastic set of websites. I think I'll send a really sappy, heartfelt email to spam your mailbox with soon.

Posted by CrashTanuki

It's sad to see you go, though hopefully you'll be freed up to help with more cool content on Giant Bomb than you've been able to do since the purchase. I am excited that Matt Rorie's back, though I hope he's not bringing the GameSpy curse with him to Giant Bomb.

Posted by TimeFugitive

Good luck Dave with you and your new family.

Rorie, welcome back! I can't wait for you and Ryan to hold hands again!

Edited by NegativeCero

Fuck, talk about bittersweet. It's totally understandable, but this site will probably always have a Dave-shaped hole. You'll be missed and good luck with any future plans.

Also, about time Rorie. I'm looking forward to anything you bring to the site.

Posted by permastun

Godspeed, Sweet Prince! You will always be immortal here!

Posted by WhiffleballDude

I'M GONNA MISS THE SHIT OUTTA YOU DAVE D:

Edited by Malarkain

Best of luck Dave. But you still gotta finish Blade Runner dude :(

Edited by fulcilivez

Hardcore Dave forever. GLHB

Posted by AlKusanagi

You will be missed, Duder.

But on the up-side: PUPPIES!!!

Posted by DrDarkStryfe

To Dave, thank you for everything. You were the only guy that could take that mad man's dream and mold it into a deliciously beautiful reality. Enjoy whatever the future will bring you, and I will greatly look into where you land next after the much needed vacation.

To Rorie, about damn time good news comes your way. You were the reason that I really got into Screened when I started going to the Whiskey sites, and your recent career trials and tribulations have been a Greek tragedy. No matter what was thrown at you, your online presence sure as hell kept a positive face. You deserve this.

Posted by zeekthegeek

Congratulations on the kid Dave, we'll miss you. I'm sure you won't be a stranger though.

Posted by Atwa

Who will be our heavy metal/dragon expert now?

Bums me out that Dave is leaving. The site rocks! Follow your calling. Best of luck.

Posted by GabbyGeist

:"(

Posted by IamTerics

Thanks for everything Dave!

Edited by Nev

This is both sad and incredible news. Provided you still appear on the site, hopefully more the latter. I need more Random PC Games with you, Dave!

Welcome, Rorie! I, along with no doubt much of the community have hoped you'd eventually work here, but never really expected it, such an aweome surprise!

Posted by ILikePopCans

Sucks to see you go Dave. Just don't forgot about us and please be in some videos every once in a while like you said.

Posted by believer258

You're leaving? Some of the best stuff on the site has you in it!

Godspeed, good sir. You've done great work here.

Posted by MichaelEM3

Thank you for helping to build my favorite website on the Internet, Dave.

See you around, duder.

Edited by FinalDasa

Thank you for everything Dave. I can't put into words what GB means to me and you are an integral part of that for me. I think the best way to put it is...I started playing Dwarf Fortress cause of you. I even bought the book you recommended. My roommates still look at it like I'm parsing the Matrix code or something.

Posted by UberExplodey

<>

Posted by Undeadpool

Well...shit. it's not terribly often you get the sad/happy whiplash effect!!

Posted by Nadril

I'm so sad and happy at once. Really sad to see you leave Dave (although it's good to know you'll still be around) but I'm really happy to see Rorie. Funny how these things work out sometimes.

Posted by JokerSmilez

I REALLY hope we haven't seen the last of Dave's Radio Show.

Posted by Phatmac

DAVE!!!!!!! Oh man I completely understand your decision but I AM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! Thanks for everything Dave!! Wish you and your family the absolute best!

Posted by captainkeel

Thanks and good luck Dave!

Edited by SuperTess

I don't know how I feel about this. SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO FEEL!

Ahem. Okay. Best of luck, Dave!

Posted by Xtrememuffinman

Also, MOVE THIS SHIT TO THE FRONT PAGE! People need to know.

Dave deserves his propers.

Edited by Diablochicken14

Best of luck Dave! Thank you for introducing me to the word Duder, I use it everyday in your honor.

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

This seems to be the best of all worlds. You get what you want, we still get you from time to time in content, and we get Rorie back! Congratulations on a beautiful child, and enjoy your new life! I'm sure it'll be awesome. Thank you for all of the awesome stuff you've done just to give us giggles and entertainment.

Posted by JayEH

Whoa, thats a shock. Thanks for everything Dave. Also, welcome back Matt Rorie!