11 Comments
Posted by joshwent

@i_smell: This looks ridiculously fun, and I usually don't like multiplayer, but you're taking all of the annoying parts of recent platformer griefing and making it gameplay! Just... brilliant. I know you're Art and not really design, but WOW! And of course, the intro animation is lovely too. ;)

Well done!

Posted by ZeForgotten

Another game? You just want all my money don't you?!
Anyway, glad to hear it and I will forever just hit the "buy" button in support of people who are actually excited about making games. Wanna make a seriously terrible game? Go a head with that as well! ALL OF MY MONEY! TAKE THEM!

AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE PASSING OUT BY NOW?! OH GOD! THE PAIN!

Posted by MarkWahlberg
Posted by Hugh_Jazz

@i_smell: Multiplayer sneaking game sounds pretty awesome. I've been trying to get going on an Oculus local co-op thing myself using Unity, but all of that 3D stuff is taking a lot of time.

I think you should at least try to put out your projects in some capacity. The games you saw at E3 haven't been released yet, and your ideas are still your own, regardless of what other developers are doing. It doesn't help anyone to have half-finished projects lying around just because some big name came along with a similar-ish idea. Plus, I wanna get my hands on that goddamn PUNCHgunner game. No joke.

Posted by I_smell

What does this mean for your own development projects? Are you keeping on with Unity development yourself, or are you attempting to transition more into just design and art at this stage?

I am doing a Unity multiplayer sneaking game this week, and hope to release it on the weekend. This week is a break for me, it's all marketing for a few days.

Our next game will be designed by me with probably some art by me, and a bunch of out-sourcing. I HOPE to put out PUNCHgunner in a more compact form, although seeing 17-Bit's new game on that stage sure took the fuckin wind out o my sales.
Maybe we'll finally get to JetGetters... but TitanFall has a fat ejector-seat mechanic where you blast up into the sky and land on other people's mechs now? come on!!
Or maybe we'll seriously team up with DoubleDutch, who knows!

Edited by development

YEAHHHHH ELECTRO-TRUMPET!!!

Edited by Jeust

@mattyftm said:

So it's like Bionic Commando meets Micro Machines? I'm in.

Exactly my thoughts. It seems cool. Got a New Super Mario Bros. Wii vibe out of it. While it is not my cup of tea, it is interesting and there are a lot of fans of plataformers.

Posted by MattyFTM

So it's like Bionic Commando meets Micro Machines? I'm in.

Edited by Jams

Posted by Hugh_Jazz

I thought, first watching the trailer, that the characters looked very much like something you'd design, and apparently I was right. It's good to see you being able to leverage that skill. It looks like it could be really fun to play, especially locally.

What does this mean for your own development projects? Are you keeping on with Unity development yourself, or are you attempting to transition more into just design and art at this stage?

Posted by DocHaus