28 Comments
Posted by Dagbiker

Edited by Skytylz

I'll just post this here. I drank last night with some of my best friends who came into town and I got a little drunk. Anyways, I thought I was upside of grieving Ryan. I wasn't. We were getting ready to call it a night and I just had to tell him, the other friend had took off, about Ryan. There wasn't anyone I could really talk to about it before or at least that I felt comfortable doing.

Anyways, I basically completely broke down. That's the first time that's happened to me in a long time and probably the first time I cried in front of someone else since I was a little kid. I realized it was because the Bomb Crew had always been there for me for the last 5 or so years. I moved schools about the time Giant bomb started and it took me a long time to make friends.

I hated everything about the week during the school years and all I ever looked forward to was playing games at home on the weekends. When I found the Bombcast it gave me something to look forward to during the week and it wasn't all bad. TANG and the P4 endurance runs helped as well when those were happening, but Giant Bomb as a whole made my life a lot better when I really felt alone that year or two.

Losing a part of the team is crushing in such a weird way. It was just nice to share what happened with someone I actually know. Reading the forums and seeing all the great videos of Ryan has also helped. The alcohol probably made more emotional than I should have been last night, but it was good to let it all out.

RIP Ryan Davis. You will forever have a place in all our hearts.

Posted by Druminator

I've been on this site since the beginning and never really felt like part of the community but the past few days seem to have really brought everyone together.

Posted by Tupacalypse

Amazing words man, couldn't agree more we're all here for you and everyone in our community.

Posted by MJLL

Thank you

Posted by pickassoreborn

Fine words, sir.

Posted by HellBound

@mracoon said:

I hope you're sitting on cake in heaven right now.

Right on. This was one of my bona fide thoughts during the last few days (and I'm an atheist, fer Pete's sake).

I know exactly what you mean. It is times like these I wish for a beyond, some sort of god. Not only to bring myself peace, but to hope that the one who is lost as also at peace as well. For as much as I don't want to believe, there are times where I hurt enough to believe.

Edited by Gamer_152

Well said. It feels like so long since we found out about his death, but it is still really hard for this to all hit home.

Posted by armaan8014

Good tribute man

Posted by Tireyo

Even if he is gone, he's still here with us in our hearts. =-)

Edited by Lanechanger

Well said sir, I got teared up but then chuckled when you reminded me of the cake sitting. *sigh* He truly was one of a kind...

Posted by Example1013

@mracoon said:

Right on. This was one of my bona fide thoughts during the last few days (and I'm an atheist, fer Pete's sake).

Being an atheist doesn't mean you don't want there to be a heaven, just that you don't believe there is.

Posted by buzz_clik

@mracoon said:

Posted by Demoskinos

Love you too!

Posted by Cerberus3Dog

It's crazy to think that Ryan Davis was more active in my day to day than most of my own family members! Man, I'm going to miss him.

Posted by big_jon

You fuckers keep making me want to cry.

Posted by LiquidPrince

I just can't process this. Everytime I think about it, my chest starts hurting. I still can't believe he's gone.

Posted by Hoffafiles

<> RIP

Posted by PistolPackinPoet

Great tribute

Edited by Reisz

We love you too man.

Posted by Pop

That was awesome dude.

Posted by NekuSakuraba

Good work, duder.

Posted by nick_verissimo

Honestly, reading these posts was the only reason I got through my work day. Thanks for sharing man.

Posted by Bollard

Great piece.

Posted by dungbootle

Good post man

Posted by I_Stay_Puft

Good words dude.