170 Comments
  • 170 results
Posted by xionpunk

I have never had my ass kicked by a demo before. I mean, there's not just one, or even two giant elephant robot enemies...but three, three friggin robot elephants that continually sent me back to the begginning .  Pathetic, I know, but I blame it on the fact that i was distracted with trying to get  a certain beta key.

edit: gotta say though, I feel like buying this game though (only 10 bucks!) Its funny that something that looks and plays like something I played when I was five is still freakin cool.
Posted by Pierce

In the world of Hulks and Bruce Banners, you, Jeff, are a Hulk player.  Just like some of my friends and family, the anger and frustration rises up within until you gotta step away, beat a pillow, throw the controller down, yell, scream, curse, etc.

Makes me wanna get my hands on this game!

Posted by ObsideonDarman

That was Legendary....

Posted by AaronBelfast

Was that a DS3? Well I'll be dammed.

Posted by KingOfIceland

"getting a chance to through their controllers out a window"

Don't you mean "throw"?

Posted by domen

Don't feel bad Jeff, I gave up after the second elephant on the demo.

Posted by MeatSim

Yea I think almost everyone starts cursing up a storm when there playing game and it starts getting frustrating.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Jeff is the greatest Mega Man 9 player whatever lived.

Posted by DorianBlack

I wasted a beautiful day watching my friends play this for around 5 hours. 5 hours. Of just sitting there...watching them play...not even getting a turn. They only beat 2 bosses in that time, Galaxy Man and Mermaid Bitch(name escapes me). It was the first time I ever got frustrated at a game just watching it. I did finally get a turn and was doing actually OK but we were going to get to leave finally so I just booked it out of there. Never want to see Mega Man again.

I know what you went through Jeff. I was THERE man.

Posted by dagas

I know how he feels. Only finished Megaman 1 and 2 and almost 3. They are so hard by today's standards.

Posted by TheKing

Everything will be ok.

Posted by JonathanMoore

Ive been playing this game for a long period of time now, and i still have 3 Bosses and of course Dr Wily to complete. It is killing me, but i still wanna play.    = )

-- God Bless.

Posted by ManMadeGod

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jeff didn't have too much fun with Mega Man 9? Maybe?

Posted by heavymtlhead

And I thought I had anger issues.

Posted by Vasta_Narada

Don't play Kaizo Mario, Jeff. Just...don't.

Posted by Jimbo_N

that......was too funny right now. oh god my stomach.

Posted by ocdog45

i feel you man. i always favored x series over the original series.

Posted by Terrell

Am i the only one who keeps playing the video on repeat just to hear the music (I dont have the game yet)?  Anyone? No, just me...ok.....

Posted by Crono

You sound like Howard Dean @ 2:57

Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver

I played the demo for like 20 minutes before giving up. Can't play old school games anymore

Posted by CarolynP

Pansy. I will make this game my bitch.

Posted by Apathylad

I find it funny that Jeff is so frustrated by Megaman 9, but he never seemed to complain about all the obstacle courses and pitfalls Bionic Commando: Rearmed had.

Posted by SpikeDelight

This is such a hilarious slice of gaming life bcause everyone's been there. I sure have, even down to punching the arms of the couch to no avail. This is a great video and it's awesome to know Jeff is just a normal gamer just like everyone else. Bravo!

Posted by JunkanooPunch

GREAT VID ! I lol'd

Posted by Nettacki

Imagine if he played I Wanna Be the Guy...

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

Its stuff like this that makes me wish I had been born in time to experience the classics. But I'm glad I have some impossibly hard game to look forward to spending years working up skill enough to be decent at it xD This reminds me of playing RotK. God. That game was frustrating enough if you could run it at a fair speed, but my computer BARELY handled the damn game and that just made it even worse.

haha, you should have captured the gameplay too and had Jeff in the corner with the swearing and stuff ^.^

Posted by Aurok

I think anyone who starts with the magma man or plug man stages is going to need a straight jacket before they reach the boss.  Boss order is everything and the game should probably communicate that better.  First hour in and I'm halfway done, but I haven't fought and of the REALLY tough stages yet.

Still, though, he got his ass kicked by SPLASH WOMAN?  If you don't know how to handle wet females, your manual dexterity is seriously in question.

Posted by RobDaFunk

Best. GiantBomb. Video. Ever.

Posted by bjorno

looks like fun.

Posted by HTTenrai

I laughed, but only because I understand.

This is also why I prefered Mega Man X and its ilk.

Posted by IVAN

You should make something like a tournament in megaman 9 with Jeff Gerstmann from giantbomb.com vs Stuttering Craig from Screwattack.com in the style of the wizard's game tournament

Posted by Y2JBone

Oh my god, that was HILARIOUS!  You ARE the greatest Mega Man player ever Jeff!

Posted by PercyChuggs

Go back to playing Burnout Paradise and Rock Band 2, ya bum!

Posted by JoblessTerence

I liked the Howard Dean moment you had.

Posted by EPGPX

that's exactly how i feel when playing pop 3 when you reach the boss fight with the twins.

Posted by Pierce

You read some of these comments with personal experiences, and it's just as though Mega Man 2 or 3 had just come out and we're all gettin' together talking about its frustrating moments...cool.

Posted by zyn

At times like this, I'm really glad Jeff is cheerful most of the time because we DO NOT want to mess with this Jeff (or anyone in their angry mood).

O_o;

Posted by bondfish

jeffs playing the ps3 virsion because xbox sucks

Posted by Spiritof

Forget the difficulty of this game, have you actually read all of the game's challenges/achievements?

I N S A N E !!!

Posted by TwoOneFive

damn i got the demo and cant get past the fuckin elephant god damnit. 

btw
 you sounded like howard dean at one point. howwaarrrgghhhh
Posted by ZombieHunterOG

wow bondfish 

why do you think he is playing it on the ps3 maybe because it is not on xbox yet you fan-boy tool 
Posted by KinjiroSSD

I gave up last night on Jewel Man stage. I remember beating Mega Man 2 on a regular basis; I've just gotten worse.

Posted by lantus

Haha that video is nothing short of amazing, there were literally points where I would start to laugh out loud, this has made my day lol, thank you Jeff!

Posted by coffeesash

Spikes, spikes! That's my problem but I'm totally stuck on Tornado-man, that rain bit is just too frustrating :(

Posted by the_purgatory_station

no jeff!  don't do it!!!  get back on the horse!

we need continued pimpage of 2D side scrollers.  i miss games like castlevania, goemon 2, NARC(arcade), revenge of shinobi, guardian heroes etc    : (

Posted by Shane_O

Okay, I'm sorry I had to laugh at your misfortune, Jeff. But, damn, that was hilarious! Personally, I refuse to let the difficulty level of MM9 stop me from beating the $#!+ out of it.... with zen like patience( I guess that means it'll take me a month).

Posted by RHCPfan24

That was great.  I loved Jeff's expressions and I am still probably gonna get this game anyway and suffer his pain.

Posted by MrKlorox

One of the main reasons these older games were so damned difficult is that the controls were so freaking limited. We have dual analog sticks and pressure sensitive buttons with tilty controls for a reason. Not "just because we can" but because they add depth and controlability to the games. It's like composing music without a keyboard... possible but more difficult than it needs to be.

EDIT: So Jeff, are you using a modified d-pad 360 controller? Or are you actually playing Megaman9 with the analog stick?

Posted by WEGGLES

*chikka chikka chikka chikka chikka chikka* Awh Jeeze *Bloop bloop bloop bloop*

*chikka chikka chikka chikka chikka chikka* Oh god! *Bloop bloop bloop bloop*

Those were the best.

Posted by Berkie

Damn Prez....I got me a few chewed NES and SNES controllers as well.

• 170 results