140 Comments
  • 140 results
Posted by heavymtlhead
Posted by stephentotilo

Hey all, I do know how to throw the fireball. We did cut the video down a bit. But, yes, my SF2 skills were at their worst yesterday. I hadn't touched the series in a decade. I was too focused on training for Gears 2 which was clearly not the right move. Sorry for letting you all down!

Posted by Red

Soula boy is the game master. He's played over 118 games but has only 3400 gamerscore.

That's devotion to SUCKING. 
Posted by Shadowsquire

Why's this video gotta be hatin on us Canadians eh?

Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin
stephentotilo said:
"Hey all, I do know how to throw the fireball. We did cut the video down a bit. But, yes, my SF2 skills were at their worst yesterday. I hadn't touched the series in a decade. I was too focused on training for Gears 2 which was clearly not the right move. Sorry for letting you all down!"
You're not Stephen Totilo, I am.
Posted by ArbitraryWater

Dang. I can't believe that Soulja Boy won. I guess this works as symbolism for how the Rap Music sells for $$$$ despite lacking any quality or substance.

Posted by RodneythePom

I guess he "turned his swag ONNNNNNNN" for that win....

what a douche bag.

Posted by SgtReznor

goddamn that was painful to watch. What's with all the light kicks? and why only the Beta?

Edited by DeadDorf

The game journalism industry just lost face, and the MTV Multiplayer blog in particular. This makes me very sad inside, and the high-pitched giggles from SBTE only makes it worse.

Edited by MrKlorox

Chalk this loss up to the 360's dpad. If they were using arcade sticks or modded 360 controllers, then it might have turned out differently.

All in all this is pretty humiliating.

EDIT: Did Soulja Boy just call it Gizzle War instead of "Gears of"?

Posted by Draugrim

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one side I hate this kid more than any other fake ass off-brand muthafucka who ever grabbed a mic, on the other hand I really love Giant Bomb. Yet Giant Bomb puts this fool on the site more and more. Hrm, you're letting me down Jeff. Come correct.

Posted by TheGreatGuero

Dude! What the?! I lower my head in shame for gamers everywhere.

Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY

Why is that dark skinned alien beating up a kindly old Jewish clockmaker?

Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin
GIVEMEREPLAY said:
"Why is that dark skinned alien beating up a kindly old Jewish clockmaker?"

Haven't you ever seen Do The Right Thing?
Posted by MeatSim

Soulja Boy does have some skill and hes not just all talk I guess.

Edited by AspiringAndy

I could play this and, I live in Australia. So I see no reason why people in the UK and Canada couldn't watch it.
I actually found it mildly entertaining :)
I played Soulja Boy in Halo 3 once in matchmaking, he beat me...
Anyway I thought Steven would have played Street Fighter at some point.

Edited by Player1

At least it seemed like some light hearted fun. They didn't talk much trash, (and even when he did, it was serious) and it seemed like it was just a fun challenge. Though we all know inside that that journalist wanted to kick his ass.

Oh and remind me why we didn't get a skilled gamer to play him? What I mean by a skilled gamer is a pro. Like a mlg dude. Im not trying to say that the journalist is bad at games...but he got his ass handed to him in street fighter...by soulja boy.

Posted by Jayge_

You know what? Soulja Boy made his challenge, Steve accepted, they met, they played, it was a fair match, and it was all honorable (from what I've seen). I actually have to give props to SB.

Edited by stephentotilo

You know, this thread was getting me down. I was beginning to doubt myself. And then I realized: many of you have only been watching the third round of the battle, the amateurish Street Fighter II stuff. I did take him down in Geometry Wars 2, you know. And, say what you will about his music, but if you see our Gears 2 round -- during which he mostly obliterates me except for the moment when I chainsaw him in half -- he proves to be much more of a real gamer than I think a lot people expected.

(To see these other two rounds, go to the link Jeff has in the post)
EDIT: and now Jeff's changed the embed so that it does show the whole three rounds. Thanks Jeff!

Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin

Nobody thinks you're Stephen Totilo.

Posted by Ryan

I do!

Staff
Posted by Otacon

He... won? I hope he takes up Screw Attacks challenge.

Posted by Brad

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced too.

Staff
Posted by Shawk

Lawl,

Thank god im Canadian and can't view this crap. Totilo obviously can't play video games worth jack.. pathetic.

Posted by Gearhead

So Souljia Boy isn't as annoying as he is in those Youtube videos.

Edited by stephentotilo

BiffMcBlumpkin, Would you believe that I'm the real Stephen Totilo if I pointed out that the real way to throw the fireball is to press the Z-trigger on the VMU and then rotate the analog stick 48 degrees? Only the real Stephen Totilo would know that.

Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin
Ryan said:
"I do!"

Stephen "Totilo Chip" Totilo.

I'll continue to come up with and post the most obnoxious and embarrassing Totilo nicknames and there is not a fucking thing you can do about it.
Posted by Hexpane
Gearhead said:
"So Souljia Boy isn't as annoying as he is in those Youtube videos."
no, actually he is. those are  his videos, he is an attention whoring tool.   He  is the backstreetboys of rap music.   A fucking full fledged JABRONE POSER
Posted by Prime20

A sad day in gaming history that will be remembered and revered for years to come.

Someone let me know when jeff challenges this mofo and does people who arn't jack ass rappers justice.

Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY

"I could play this and, I live in Australia"

Do something about that ASAP. We don't want to have to liberate you in a decade.

Also, how the hell DO you quote?

Posted by Grilledcheez
GIVEMEREPLAY said:
""I could play this and, I live in Australia"

Do something about that ASAP. We don't want to have to liberate you in a decade.

Also, how the hell DO you quote?"
Bottom right, next to reply is "quote" :)
Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin
GIVEMEREPLAY said:
""Also, how the hell DO you quote?"

While you're speaking you hold up both hands, give two peace signs, and pretend you're tickling an invisible baby's chin twice.
Posted by addictedtopinescent

I die . ..  . . Life is pointless if such idiots as Soulja Boy win. . . at anything.

Posted by MrKlorox

I thought SBTE would be the most annoying thing in those videos... turns out it was the half autistic announcer's super distorted lethargic voice.

To quote, go to the forum where the trolls reside instead of the comments section.

Posted by KinjiroSSD

*facepalm*

Posted by Terrell

I really don't enjoy much of Soulja Boy's music, but I have to say I am GLAD that he one. Teaches people not to judge a book by its cover. As gamers we have been stereotyped to death and back, so I think this teaches people not to do the same to others, and ourselves. Gamers come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, and flavors of life... Nice Job Soulja Boy!

Posted by ScottEFresh

Whats up with this video not playing for Canadians???!?! IM OUTRAGED!

Posted by insanejedi

Seriously? If you practiced in Gears of War 2 so much how the hell does any person play like that? Arghhh and don't get me started on Street Fighter. Ugh!

Posted by ZenaxPure

very sad day :(

Edited by TeflonBilly

What the hell? In the span of 24 hours Soulja Boi's shown to be a person of some merit instead of the walking stereotypical embarrassment he's been portrayed as. There may still be hope.
I love being proved wrong for the positive, so good on you Soulja.

Posted by necrophite

What is this crap? If SB wants to prove himself why not just go to a LAN or something instead of taking on some half-wit journalist.

Posted by Sephiroth9997

See....this is what happens when you don't know dragon punch.  Good thing we still have a few months until SFIV so we can learn it.

Posted by Arkthemaniac
TeflonBilly said:
"

What the hell? In the span of 24 hours Soulja Boi's shown to be a person of some merit instead of the walking stereotypical embarrassment he's been portrayed as. There may still be hope.
I love being proved wrong for the positive, so good on you Soulja.

"
He still sucks as a musician.
Posted by TeflonBilly
Arkthemaniac said:
"He still sucks as a musician."
Oh fa sho. Ice T isn't kidding when he's saying that his music is killing hip hop.
Posted by AEKtzis

haha that was actually pretty funny.

Posted by Gunner612

shoulda been jeff playing against soulja boy.

Posted by Crono

For Shame, Totilo, for shame.

Posted by madeoftinyrobots

That was awesome.  Thanks for posting that.

Posted by TheKing

I don't get why people hate him so much... I mean don't get me wrong his music is garbage but he seems like an alright guy.

• 140 results