69 Comments
  • 69 results
Posted by Dalai
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"If that's what kids call bringing the noise these days, then absolutely not."
C'mon, Biff.  You should know this.  Velveeta is slang for bringing the funk, not the noise.  Two completely different things.
Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin

Do you know Kraft owns Velveeta? That whole Mac n Cheese rivalry was marketing bullshit, when I found this out it blew my mind. Whoever owns funk is probably pushing noise, so don't be so quick to pick sides.

Posted by Dalai
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Do you know Kraft owns Velveeta? That whole Mac n Cheese rivalry was marketing bullshit, when I found this out it blew my mind. Whoever owns funk is probably pushing noise, so don't be so quick to pick sides."
I'll have to call up Bootsy Collins on this one.  He owns Kraft, noise, and funk if you can believe it... he makes a shitload in royalties.
Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin

If those three things could be combined into one product we'd all have a common enemy.

Posted by Dalai
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"If those three things could be combined into one product we'd all have a common enemy."
I might have found our common enemy.

Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin

For half of that commercial they forgot to use the fucking blue screen.

Posted by Rowr

Theres only one staff challenge im interested in.

Posted by Johnny5

Wait wait wait...page two and its already a Staff photoshop thread?...

anyhoo, I agree quite a bit on the world of goo thing. The production quality for that game was wicked and I thought bionic command rearmed was horrible. As a classic revival sure.

Posted by Shadow

you can't take this stuff too seriously.  Opinions are opinions and four dudes "working" in a basement can't possibly represent those of everyone else.  Look, I love Jeff, Vinny, Ryan, and Brad (in that order), but I could not disagree with their taste in games more.  Sure there's the obvious stuff you would have to be insane to go against like "gears of war 2 is awesome", or so is Braid", or "Grand Theft Auto is cool", and "Rock Revolution is shit" but on the other hand, Soul Calibur 4 rocks, as does Brawl, and MK vs DCU is terrible.  I mean the star wars stuff is stupid, but it's the same game without it, just minus a few characters and stages.  Mortal Kombat changed LITERALLY half their game for the worse just to accomidate the DC license.  I mean it would be a crappy fighting game even if that wasn't true.  MK was already a shell of a game being held up by extreme violence, but without it, it's just a shell of it's former shell...and I don't even know what that would look like.  I'll just keep going with this, Ninja Gaiden 2 was awesome, Megaman 9 was terrible (even in concept), Bionic Commando Rearmed sucks, advertising is cool, Fable 2 Pub games is fun, Gamestop is the best place to buy games, Home can be fun if you let it, I killed Dwayne and kept it that way, Tokyo Drift is mediocre, Final Fantasy games rock, Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts was strictly okay, Energy Drinks taste terrible across the board, Diet Pepsi Max is good.  I could do this all day.  Do you get the point yet?  Huh?  HUH?

Posted by ANDYx0WNEDxU
Posted by Jensonb

I don't get it...How can awards handed out by the GB crew based on the opinions of the GB crew be wrong? It's based their opinions. You people confuse me.

Posted by ThomasP

^ You crazy man. You crazy. =)

Posted by LordAndrew
Jensonb said:
"I don't get it...How can awards handed out by the GB crew based on the opinions of the GB crew be wrong? It's based their opinions. You people confuse me."
All opinions other than my own are shit.
Posted by Kazona

I can't really comment on the Wii games since I've never played a single one, but I will say that I find it a very odd choice as well that Wii-Fit was chosen as the best Wii only game. As for World of Goo, I don't know, I've never played it nor have I seen any gameplay clips of it. But from all the good I've read about it, I'd say it deserved to at least be nominated.

But to say Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a multiplayer game worthy of being nominated? No, I can't say I agree with that. I really don't see the appeal of this game, and I doubt I ever will. But don't hate me just yet! Because I do agree with you that Rock Band 2 should've been in the list of nominees. In fact I think it should've been one of the biggest contenders for multiplayer game of the year. I would've probably still voted for Left 4 Dead, but still, I think Rock Band 2 would've been a very good second choice.

As for the rest? Well Crysis was one of my favorite games for 07, but I haven't played any of the other games you mentioned. Although I do have to say that I find the lack of an Uncharted nomination to be kinda weird. I do not, however, agree with you that Banjo Kazooie being nominated for 2008 Game of the Year is an odd choice.

And I can't comment on Megaman 9 because I've not played it. In fact I've never played any Megaman game in my entire life, so I can't agree nor disagree with you on that.

Posted by Cirdain

Crackdown was crazy fun... apart from the music

Posted by MKO619

Gerstmann is KING!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jakob187
Vinchenzo said:
"Alright, we get it Jeff "owned" Dalai. The real question is: Jeff, will you be on my friend's list? Jakob cannot have the upper-hand."
Is someone jealous?  LOL  Vinchenzo, it's okay...because your gamerscore still rapes mine, you sly sonuvabitch!
Besides, Jeff hates me.  lol  I even remember him pseudo-insulting me.
Posted by dsplayer1010
Jensonb said:
"I don't get it...How can awards handed out by the GB crew based on the opinions of the GB crew be wrong? It's based their opinions. You people confuse me."

+1
Posted by Geno

The only major fault I found with the GOTY's was the exclusion of World of Goo, it's possibly better than Braid yet it wasn't even nominated. It's also not even been made clear if the GB crew played it, which I doubt they have.