68 Comments
  • 68 results
Posted by parrot_of_adun

I don't see what the problem is with console developers and controls. They should all bit more like Gearbox.

It's my opinion that any game that doesn't allow the user to completely remap controls to their liking is worse for it. And that unfortunately includes most console games...

Posted by MrRedwine

So that video is the new game the Behemoth are working on, right?

Posted by Kyle

I think Kings of Power 4 billion% just killed at least half of my brain.......

Posted by Scarabus

Long cat spotted.

Posted by Phetz

Regarding the video posted by the right honorable user, Legend:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH

Posted by ZeroCast

I think Video Games just came alive.

Edited by thiago

Yes, this Killzone control controversy is ridiculous. I usually play FPSes on the PC and you don`t see PC players whining because this game plays different than Quake. Why are console players so close-minded?

The layout is just a matter of getting used to, and so is the weight of the weapon. The movement is not linear, there's inertia and it accelerates depending on how you press the analog stick.

Patching it up to change the movement of the weapon would completely destroy the balance in the multiplayer, because some players would be using the default configuration and some would be playing a Quake-like control where they can turn 270 deegres, give a headshot and stab someone else in 2 seconds. If Guerrilla does change it I swear that I will never buy anything from them again. I don't want to have my multiplayer experience ruined because of a few CoD-tards who refuse to learn new controls.

Posted by _Phara0h_

Don't watch the vid till the end if you are epileptic!!!

Posted by TekZero

I have no idea what is going on in that video and I love it.

Posted by Andheez

BTW, well put calling it kinda the greatest thing ever.  Where do they get all that stuff?  Im pretty sure when the 2 dudes "fusion" around the 8min mark, at one point they become Krang (the brain guy with flagella) from TMNT, anyone?

Posted by Andheez

Totally agree they should have allowed mapping controls in KZ2, I couldn't find one control setting that works for me.  Its as if they were afraid to be too much like cod4.  I can't stand using the stick to zoom, and it just seems odd to use the 1 buttons instead of 2's to fire and zoom, why add the trigger if thats going to throw grenades?  I basically am down to using 2 control styles, one in single player, 1 in multiplayer, because the crouch/cover is so important in the single player and an afterthought in the multiplayer, its obnoxious.

Posted by ElectricHaggis

Wow, that video was intense.
Activision buying the rights to MK does not seem that unlikely.

Posted by MeatSim

That was insane man, insane!!!!

Posted by F1

I had to watch that video in 30 second intervals, taking a minute break between each.
And I don't know what the big deal is about K2's controls. It plays fine for me. It's not like they mapped "move" to the right stick...

Posted by JediAutobot

Hey, where's the Legend of Zelda info! ;)

Posted by Crono

That video was fucking intense.

Edited by TheFrostedGamer

Perhaps I'm not understanding the situation fully but, I don't really think it's people being "soft" by calling out Killzone 2 on its control scheme. Obviously it was were only a small pocket of people with an issue, representatives of the game wouldn't go as far as to investigate, would they? And let's face it: with any game that has had the hype train of Killzone 2, and reviewers like Jeff giving it a 5/5 (meaning he would recommend it without reservation), I would think people purchasing this game are holding KZ2 to a high standard. Ironic that Call of Duty: World at War received 4/5 stars meaning that Jeff *had* reservations in recommending it (even though COD5 has ridiculous amounts of replay value between SP Campaign, Coop Campaign, Nazi Zombie, and Multiplayer).  But I'm going to stop beating that dead horse - you know I love you Jeff *wink*.

Quakecon and Final Fantasy...hmm..seeing as its not 1997 I have no comment on either.

Crazy video at the end of this article, nice work whoever that guy was that made it.

Posted by MKHavoc

I guess I should have read this earlier, the video's been taken down.

Posted by Hector

Woah....

Posted by SamuSlave

With... with, swatsticas carved on their foreheads?

Posted by Paloc

Did that seriously just happen or did I finally snap?

Posted by curlyq101

That Vid is soooooo Boss!

Posted by modous

The video is nice, but nothing compares to his first video Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006

enjoy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=908674814285543652

Posted by hawkeye

Don't underestimate the power of THE NEW ULTIMATE JESUS!!!

Posted by FlipperDesert

Damn, I'm so tired I just drifted-off and had a dream where i was watching this crazy video made out of 2D... Wait.

Posted by JackiJinx

...what just happened in that video?! D=

Posted by clarke0

That video... I don't think anything I will ever watch will match up to that level of insanity.

Posted by Dots

That video was so awesome that I need to get some sleep... That was exhausting...

Posted by ArbitraryWater

That video is the most seizure inducing thing I have seen in the history of ever. And If it doesn't give you a seizure then it will make your head explode.

Posted by Dalai

I watched about 3 minutes of that video until I had to stop to clear my head.  I'll finish watching it eventually.

Edited by DukeTogo

While I think N'gai was a good panel member on Bonus Round and is a very talented columnist, his game cred was always a bit low.  He was outed by admitting his first video game console was the PS2, and while one could argue that having a common disconnect with the "core" gamers as his readers (casuals) would is a good way of connecting to his audience, it makes the folks like me who remember buying a 2600 at Sears feel like he's just some youngster that really can't comment on gaming being so new to them.

Then there's the whole "RE5 is racist" story he single-handedly created.  I hate to say it but it feels like he took a page from Rev. Jesse Jackson's playbook on playing the race card.  Calling RE5 racist based on one trailer that showed nothing but a RE game set in Africa just looked like a great way to get himself noticed.  I'll admit I never heard of him until that story and it got him attention all over the interwebs.  And now it looks like it got him what he wanted, the official unofficial go-to person to see if a game is racist.  Bravo.

Posted by mracoon

That video left me speechless.

Moderator Online
Posted by Dauragon

Oh yeah Kings of Power 4 billion % is amazing! Paul Roberson is CRAZY

Posted by PicklesOnParade

Somebody give those dudes a million bucks and get them makin games!

Posted by c1337us

The video is kind of cool I guess. I wouldnt mind it if there was a feature in Killzone to the map the controls to the buttons of your choice. I dont think they need to come up with some alternatives.

Posted by Haethos

Can we stop whining about control schemes already? The complaints about Killzone 2's controls mean nothing to me because it is it's own game, not a clone of CoD4. If you want CoD4 controls, go play CoD4. A similar storm of complaints is hovering over RE5; so it doesn't feel like Dead Space or l4d, get over it. If every game had the same control scheme, we'd only need one game/engine.

Posted by MrKlorox

That video was pretty cool. Didn't like the music at first, but it the got cooler. Surprised and satisfied with the ending.

Fucking crucifixes......

Posted by Zebadee

Wha..w...what did I just watch?

Posted by AllanIceman

Face.......... melting........... video..........................

Posted by RipTheVeins

that video was everything right with the world...gore, happiness, awesome music, Japan, and the fact that it's a 12 minute sex metaphor....I can die now.

Posted by TatoBins

what the hell did I just watch?

Posted by Soap
Lilarcor said:
"Anything Activision buys as a result of this economic slump is just another franchise for them to drive into the ground. Hopefully they don't get their hands on anything good."
I believe the term is "current economic down turn" :P
Posted by Kohe321

That video was weird and awesome at the same time!

Posted by Lilarcor

Anything Activision buys as a result of this economic slump is just another franchise for them to drive into the ground. Hopefully they don't get their hands on anything good.

Posted by LaszloKovacs

I didn't really have a problem with the way KZ2 controls... I kind of hope they keep it as-is.

Also if you're a fan of Kings of Power etc etc you should really keep up with the dude's blog:
http://probertson.livejournal.com/
Weird, awesome shit.

Posted by BrickRoad

Finally, someone uploaded a video walkthrough of how to complete Kings Of Power 4 Billion %! I kept messing up on the bit where everyone dies.

Posted by dvorak

That video, holy shit.

Posted by KnightsofRound

That video is just... wow.  I don't even know what to say but that was fucking amazing.

Posted by MasterHiggins

Paul Robertson is a beast.

Edited by Cerza

That video is just....wow...wow...wow...

As far as the Killzone 2 controls go, I hope they either A: give us more options, as in real options, because right now there is really only one option for controls, or let us map the commands to whatever button we feel like. You know, like they let you do on PC....oh right we are on console...

Or B: remap them to Call of Duty standard that makes sense and everyone is used to using, because while the controls for the game aren't horrible they aren't all that great either...

• 68 results